IGNORED

Gate figure v Hull ?

cidered abroad

5 minutes ago, Robin 101 said:

So I've paid for a season ticket but am working tommorow night but you think someone paying £13 and £10 for a membershup should be given priority over ST holders for a potential quarter final? What crap

I'm a member but I absolutely agree that STH should always get first dibs as the biggest investors in the club, regardless of whether they went to the previous round.

PS - pedant alert, membership is £20.

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Stoke v Hull in the last round = 10,550

Not sure comparisons like this are particularly relevant or helpful, though I accept that in broad terms League Cup attendances are obviously well down on league ones.

But in this example - it was an earlier round, tickets were a little more expensive (£15 each, I checked), and Stoke are used to a diet of Premier League football.  So quite naturally for them, a third round tie against Hull wasn't particularly attractive in the context of their recent history, or the games they are used to playing week-in week-out.

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'm a member but I absolutely agree that STH should always get first dibs as the biggest investors in the club, regardless of whether they went to the previous round.

PS - pedant alert, membership is £20.

Apologies (I had one last year so really should have remembered :facepalm:) I don't have a problem giving priority to those who went last round, but only within the relevant categories.

Ie. STH with stub 

STH without stub

Members with stub

Members without etc.

19 minutes ago, Robin 101 said:

So I've paid for a season ticket but am working tommorow night and can't make it but you think someone paying £13 and £10 for a membership should be given priority over ST holders for a potential quarter final?

I know, it's not fool proof. STH should always get priority, so probably needs some tweaking. 

Definitely STH with a stub V Hull should get first dibs, should we, for instance, get Man Utd away and a 9/10k allocation. 

Pathetic ticket sales for a city the size of Bristol.

They should have sold tickets on the basis that you're guaranteed a ticket for the next round (if we get there).

No doubt if we get through to play a big side at home there will be a rush for tickets and many people that come tomorrow won't be able to get a ticket.

Same old. Shame.

5 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

Pathetic ticket sales for a city the size of Bristol.

They should have sold tickets on the basis that you're guaranteed a ticket for the next round (if we get there).

No doubt if we get through to play a big side at home there will be a rush for tickets and many people that come tomorrow won't be able to get a ticket.

Same old. Shame.

Good idea. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I know, it's not fool proof. STH should always get priority, so probably needs some tweaking. 

Definitely STH with a stub V Hull should get first dibs, should we, for instance, get Man Utd away and a 9/10k allocation. 

Yep I'd agree (though I'll be gutted if I miss out)

3 hours ago, Manon said:

I suppose our crowd base has grown but mainly in terms of ST holders, many of whom are floaters and/or new fans with a spare bob or two, who want to secure a seat for when the promotion to the big time comes.  

That is my opinion based on some who i know who fall into that category. 

If this game is not part of the ST package, then we are falling back on our traditional fan base from the last 25 years which would mean 11k is about right.  Still think we'll get to around 13-14k which all things considered isn't great but isn't too horrific either. 

Sorry don't agree , the average home support would be around high 17/18k at least this season with around 13.5 k season ticket holders new people coming in all the time , 'new' stadiums tend to  do this especially if we're doing ok

The season tickets are almost the same as last year, so again don't agree about waiting for promotion, don't put us down because of not great ticket sales in a tournament with notoriously low crowds , 10k Stoke v Hull and 14k saints v palace last round, and against the least exciting team in the prem, agree I would like more and may well go up a bit yet.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

For some, school half term will mean they've other plans.  For me it means joe can go without worrying about a late'un on a school nite.  Haven't told Mrs Fevs about extra-time or pens potential.

Just tell her it`s been so long since we got past the first round that you had no idea what the rules were after that. Say you were convinced we would have to go to Hull for a replay if it was level at 90 and it all came as a huge surprise.

Either that or sneak in the house quietly and hope she`s gone to bed.

1 hour ago, Big C said:

Don't understand the panic about not getting a ticket for the next round. Our capacity is now 27k should be more than enough to play a Premiership reserve side on a cold wet Tuesday evening 

You think a quarter final against Man Utd wouldn't sell out? Of course it would.

One thing I would say is that being a member guarantees a ticket.

9 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Sorry but people arnt made of money.  People shell out a lot of money for football these days, and with the cost of living etc...some people can't afford to do every game. A lot of people have to prioritise games....and I know if I was in that situation, I'd be going to the league games before this game.

There will be a few like me who would need to take half a day off work and shell out another £50/60 (even at those low prices) including fuel. These, for me, are the games I have to miss. 

5 hours ago, Manon said:

I suppose our crowd base has grown but mainly in terms of ST holders, many of whom are floaters and/or new fans with a spare bob or two, who want to secure a seat for when the promotion to the big time comes.  

That is my opinion based on some who i know who fall into that category. 

If this game is not part of the ST package, then we are falling back on our traditional fan base from the last 25 years which would mean 11k is about right.  Still think we'll get to around 13-14k which all things considered isn't great but isn't too horrific either. 

I don't believe "many" people are spending £300-400 on season tickets just secure a seat in the event of promotion. A £20 membership is all you need if that's the guarantee you want.

My radical thought is that season ticket holders buy season tickets because they want to watch all or most of our games for the best possible price.

1 hour ago, Cov 77 said:

Sorry don't agree , the average home support would be around high 17/18k at least this season with around 13.5 k season ticket holders new people coming in all the time , 'new' stadiums tend to  do this especially if we're doing ok

The season tickets are almost the same as last year, so again don't agree about waiting for promotion, don't put us down because of not great ticket sales in a tournament with notoriously low crowds , 10k Stoke v Hull and 14k saints v palace last round, and against the least exciting team in the prem, agree I would like more and may well go up a bit yet.

Not too sure you read my post properly. I'm talking the fan base pre stadium redevelopment. What I'm saying is this is equivalent to a fairly underwhelming league fixture, say, ten years ago, where we would often hit around 11-12k. 

21 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

My radical thought is that season ticket holders buy season tickets because they want to watch all or most of our games for the best possible price.

The majority yes.

However I think a fair few of the new brigade who have been swept up by the feel good of the new stadium and managerial changes will have made that recent investment with the premier league at the back of their mind... In fact I know it to be true through personal experience, which was my point. 

Gone are the old cow sheds and non- existent facilities, and now City have suddenly become fashionable to folk who i never thought would set foot inside the place, yet not so fashionable that they will give up a Tues night for the league cup. 

Hence an attendance resembling those of recent years gone by. 

Our attendances have boomed by what - 30%?? since our last foray into the championship. This new support does not become die hard overnight. 

13 hours ago, Manon said:

The majority yes.

However I think a fair few of the new brigade who have been swept up by the feel good of the new stadium and managerial changes will have made that recent investment with the premier league at the back of their mind... In fact I know it to be true through personal experience, which was my point. 

Gone are the old cow sheds and non- existent facilities, and now City have suddenly become fashionable to folk who i never thought would set foot inside the place, yet not so fashionable that they will give up a Tues night for the league cup. 

Our attendances have boomed by what - 30%?? since our last foray into the championship. This new support does not become die hard overnight. 

This guy knows.

• Admin
15 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

13,000 tops!!!

Not far away

13 hours ago, Manon said:

Spot on @Manon, it all takes time - it wasn't that long ago a crowd of over 13k was seen as a decent number

Capture.PNG

40 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Whatever the crowd, cue the blue few piping up "only xx,000 against a premier league team, we would have had double that" :grr:

I very much doubt that Rovers have had a crowd of 13,000 since way back in the Eastville days. Obviously not during their last season where they had a pathetic average of 4K! 

When they tell you it's because of capacity limitations, ask them how many games have actually fully sold out in the last 30 years. I suspect you could count them on a couple of hands! 

Archived