IGNORED

Gate figure v Hull ?

cidered abroad

14 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Your missing the point, the more difficult, stressful or chaotic/useless the system employed by BristolSport is the more likely to put people off of considering POTD and in business that has a knock on effect, have a stress free experience you might tell 1 or 2 people how good it was, have a difficult, stressful and chaotic experience and still be charged for the privilege of watching only half of the actual experience and you will tell anybody who will listen.

if this was a one off it wouldn't be such an issue, but as long as OTIB has been in existence this particular problem has been a recurring theme at one time or another, there has to be a simpler way surely?.

Clearly some people encounter problems, which of course, isn't good. 

For games where I need addition to my season card entitlement, I buy online or over the phone. 

I've never found any problems in doing this and I've certainly never missed the start of a match because I've been queuing for tickets, so it clearly is avoidable. 

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Am I seeing this right?

@ChippenhamRed spent most of yesterday whinging about how poor a crowd of 13k was and has now spent this morning criticising the extra 3k that turned up because they didn't buy in advance.

Priceless.

I think he's right on this one though. If the extra 3,000 (majority of them, I'm fully aware that some people are only able to decide at the very last minute) had purchased in advance, then the queues would have been nothing like it sounds as though they were. 

I'm guessing there are also others who may have been tempted to go, knowing it would be a decent crowd, rather than half empty, and the crowd might have been higher still. 

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think he's right on this one though. If the extra 3,000 (majority of them, I'm fully aware that some people are only able to decide at the very last minute) had purchased in advance, then the queues would have been nothing like it sounds as though they were.

What an outstanding observation that is.

Picture this for a moment. This is hypothetical...

I'm a 40 something year old who doesn't know one end of a smartphone from the other. I don't use the internet and I have an account with a building society which supplies account holders with an account book. I have no cards and simply withdraw my money as and when.

I want to watch City and I won't make AG until 15 minutes before kick off. So I visit the shop 3 days before match day to buy my tickets with cash.

The friendly assistant says "I'm terribly sorry. We don't sell tickets here. You can buy online or over the phone using a card and unfortunately the match is all ticket so no POTD sales."

What are they suppose to do? It may be a small minority of fans but shouldn't we cater for all? Isn't equality and something for everyone things that MA bangs on about? The right DNA?

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What an outstanding observation that is.

?? So quite a simple solution for the majority of those who weren't happy in long queues. 

If 300 people turn up at the cinema just before a film starts, you'll get the same problem. That's why most people pre book, for example. 

If they are used to a certain amount to turn up and pay last minute, they will cater accordingly for it. If that number trebles from the average usual, then there will be long queues. 

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Am I seeing this right?

@ChippenhamRed spent most of yesterday whinging about how poor a crowd of 13k was and has now spent this morning criticising the extra 3k that turned up because they didn't buy in advance.

Priceless.

Yes, like many others I expressed disappointment at the expected crowd of around 12-13k for what I felt was an important match that deserved a better turnout at £12 each.  And, just like everyone else, I didn't expect the large POTD turnout that eventually swelled the crowd to a much more impressive 16k.

I have then separately observed that many of the problems caused by the unexpectedly large POTD contingent could have been avoided by a simple phone call or online transaction - and wondered why so many people didn't choose this option.  Clearly I am not criticising them for their decision to actually attend.

Two separate points of discussion that do not conflict at all.  If you were as clever as you clearly like to think, you would have been able to make that distinction for yourself.  Please explain how that is "priceless"?

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Picture this for a moment. This is hypothetical...

I'm a 40 something year old who doesn't know one end of a smartphone from the other. I don't use the internet and I have an account with a building society which supplies account holders with an account book. I have no cards and simply withdraw my money as and when.

I want to watch City and I won't make AG until 15 minutes before kick off. So I visit the shop 3 days before match day to buy my tickets with cash.

The friendly assistant says "I'm terribly sorry. We don't sell tickets here. You can buy online or over the phone using a card and unfortunately the match is all ticket so no POTD sales."

What are they suppose to do? It may be a small minority of fans but shouldn't we cater for all? Isn't equality and something for everyone things that MA bangs on about? The right DNA?

I'd probably be sat there dreading the upcoming Christmas shopping, because I can't use Amazon. 

I'd be thinking how good it would be to go and see a concert next summer, but I can't because I can't buy tickets. 

I'd be considering going to the theatre but not sure when I can get down to the box office to queue and buy tickets. I might go to the cinema instead, but don't fancy the queues for that either. 

Maybe I'll go on holiday, but don't want to pay travel agents high street prices. 

I think most of all, I'd be thinking about getting a bank account that gives me a debit card so that I can live in the year 2016! 

17 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why didn't you go if you wanted to? What stopped you picking up the phone or buying one online?

Uh - 45 minute drive from the office, 30 minute drive to AG.

Some of us do not know until late Tuesday pm (5.30pm to be precise) if they are able to go due to business/work commitments!! Duhh!!!!

4 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Some of us do not know until late Tuesday pm (5.30pm to be precise) if they are able to go due to business/work commitments!! Duhh!!!!

So you could have gone..?!

7 hours ago, phantom said:

May have out played them, but we never looked like scoring - their keeper hardly had a save to make all night

Last night was a one off cup match, so can't read too much into it

Keeper didn't have to hardly make a save ??? What game were you watching mate, their keeper made 4 point blank goal saving saves which kept them in the game

beggars belief some on here!

2 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Yeah, duhhh stupid me for not knowing the work arrangements and geographical location of a perfect stranger.

On 26/10/2016 at 07:02, ChippenhamRed said:

You talk as if the POTD option doesn't exist. It did tonight. So all options are there. So the club do cater for everyone, it's just on this occasion they didn't anticipate the demand - none of us did.

I appreciate some aren't internet savvy but why someone can't pick up the phone is beyond me. The world has moved on from queueing around the ground; my sympathy for those who stubbornly refuse to keep up is limited. It really isn't hard to make a phone call.

Yes, the POTD exists but it has it's problems, as we saw Tuesday. It's the ability to pay on the day before the game, or two days before, and get a ticket, thus avoiding the "queueing around the ground" and using the internet etc, that has disappeared, and which some people would like to still be able to do. Like we always were able to do. Go and buy a ticket from Beryl Fudge on a Thursday for a game on the Saturday that you suspect might have a big crowd and some queueing issues.

Today, you can go down to AG and buy a red Christmas jumper with a polar bear on it, or a cup of coffee, but you can't buy a ticket for the next match. The "world" has "moved on" a tad to quick there, for me.

Why not cater for all fans, long in the tooth ones set in their ways, as well as the younger ones with "limited" ability to empathise with those that are not like them, or so it seems.

Have you ever had a problem, a serious problem, paying over the phone for something? Or known of someone, anyone, having such a problem?

Because you don't have a problem with this or cannot see why it might be for others, doesn't mean it's not a problem for other people. There's a whole world out there, Chipp, that's full of people experiencing the world differently from you.

Oh, and one day, many years from now, that "stubbornly" refusing to "keep up" as you emphathically put it, that will come to you and there will be young types half your age who will have "limited sympathy" for your struggle. It comes to us all. 

Right, plenty for you to "harrumph!" about there some more....

3 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Yes, the POTD exists but it has it's problems, as we saw Tuesday. It's the ability to pay on the day before the game, or two days before, and get a ticket, thus avoiding the "queueing around the ground" and using the internet etc, that has disappeared, and which some people would like to still be able to do. Like we always were able to do. Go and buy a ticket from Beryl Fudge on a Thursday for a game on the Saturday that you suspect might have a big crowd and some queueing issues.

Today, you can go down to AG and buy a red Christmas jumper with a polar bear on it, or a cup of coffee, but you can't buy a ticket for the next match. The "world" has "moved on" a tad to quick there, for me.

Why not cater for all fans, long in the tooth ones set in their ways, as well as the younger ones with "limited" ability to empathise with those that are not like them, or so it seems.

Have you ever had a problem, a serious problem, paying over the phone for something? Or known of someone, anyone, having such a problem?

Because you don't have a problem with this or cannot see why it might be for others, doesn't mean it's not a problem for other people. There's a whole world out there, Chipp, that's full of people experiencing the world differently from you.

Oh, and one day, many years from now, that "stubbornly" refusing to "keep up" as you emphathically put it, that will come to you and there will be young types half your age who will have "limited sympathy" for your struggle. It comes to us all. 

Thanks for the sanctimonious lecture and the remarkably patronising tone, both much appreciated.

12 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Spot on Jack .

On 26/10/2016 at 11:43, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Given that one person joined the queue at 7.10pm and was still in that queue at 8pm and others say the missed a majority of the first half, so what would be a good time to arrive?, 5pm, 6pm or perhaps treat it like the January sales and camp out all night?.

if the club were caught out by this, then it is becoming a broken record as this same excuse is trotted out every time, it's simply not good enough.

I arrived at 7.30 at the earliest missed 15 minutes of the first half.

May I suggest people are exaggerating or that some are part of the people I heard talking of going to get a KFC and coming back to the queue?

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 07:02, ChippenhamRed said:

You talk as if the POTD option doesn't exist. It did tonight. So all options are there. So the club do cater for everyone, it's just on this occasion they didn't anticipate the demand - none of us did.

I appreciate some aren't internet savvy but why someone can't pick up the phone is beyond me. The world has moved on from queueing around the ground; my sympathy for those who stubbornly refuse to keep up is limited. It really isn't hard to make a phone call.

I've seen them fangled phone things and, come on mate, they ain't as convenient as you make 'em sound.....

On 28/10/2016 at 09:11, Jack Dawe said:

Agree with every word. Love it! Spot on.

Archived