IGNORED

Gate figure v Hull ?

cidered abroad

17 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

This is simply not acceptable. Surely @Mkelly and the rest of the club can see this now. PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO PAY ONLINE OR BY PHONE! Bring back selling tickets in the shop for crying out loud. It can't be difficult.

One of the reasons I pick my games this season. Will they ever learn? Gave Hull a miss tonight thankfully but wanted to go. Shame really.

22 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

This is simply not acceptable. Surely @Mkelly and the rest of the club can see this now. PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO PAY ONLINE OR BY PHONE! Bring back selling tickets in the shop for crying out loud. It can't be difficult.

it'll fall on deaf ears of course until there is a similar problem at a rugger buggers match, because they wouldn't stand for it.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

it'll fall on deaf ears of course until there is a similar problem at a rugger buggers match, because they wouldn't stand for it.

We're just serfs, EMB. They think we'll put up with this and the sad thing is that we will :( 

9 minutes ago, cynic said:

I'm assuming this was a POTD queue - or was it mixed in with people collecting tickets ?

There must have been a very high POTD attendance which took everyone by surprise. I don't think anyone expected 16k and even the club were predicting around 13k. Even so, once it became apparent, the club should have acted fast to sort it out.

It was mixed in with people collecting tickets by all accounts. A mate booked tickets for him and his son at 3pm but wasn't aware he could add them on to his SC so was told 'collection only'. He reached the queue at 10 to 7 to collect his tickets and missed the first 25 minutes. 1 hour 20 to collect pre booked tickets isn't acceptable.

I gather quite a few gave up and left as well. :(

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

16,149 a decent gate, especially given our recent performances.

That is a superb crowd, well done all.

To be fair to the club, who saw that coming? What massive contingency operation can they bring in? Beyond ringing people up and hoping they're available, there ain't much. That's got to be one of the biggest POTD figures in years.

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

It happened at a couple of games last season for Rugby, but let's not worry about facts shall we....

Well that actually makes it worse then, but i'm sure they know best, **** the customer queuing for 50 minutes and missing a good portion of the game in a crowd of 16.5k in stadium that hold 27k.

The problem is this has been the case for a very long time and i'm sure there will either be some cringing excuse or a management speak 'we will investigate/sort it out' and guess what it will happen again next time.

33 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

It was mixed in with people collecting tickets by all accounts. A mate booked tickets for him and his son at 3pm but wasn't aware he could add them on to his SC so was told 'collection only'. He reached the queue at 10 to 7 to collect his tickets and missed the first 25 minutes. 1 hour 20 to collect pre booked tickets isn't acceptable.

I gather quite a few gave up and left as well. :(

Whether POTD or collections, it doesn't matter. This happened with the Portsmouth friendly too. It's not acceptable.

Two kiosks required of a match. One for collections and one POTD. Tickets sold in the club shop or kiosk outside of match days. I know for a fact a fair few people who tried to buy online (ST holders) and have the ticket added to the card. Low and behold it didn't work. So guess what @Mkelly? They didn't go tonight.

The shop as far as I'm aware is not that busy during non-match days. I would imagine the customer footfall being a similar number to that of the old store, just before it was demolished. The old shop sold tickets and it caused no issues. Yes, you want people to pay online or via phone but some people only deal with cash and some people don't have Internet access or a credit/debit card. How do these people buy tickets I ask? It maybe a small number but they are still being ostracised.

Sell tickets in store and you'll be able to upsell as well. People might just buy that keyring or fridge magnet for £2 when getting tickets. Profit margin. Sell lots of low costing items for a profit, at a rate the customer thinks is a bargain...

JUST START SELLING PAPER TICKETS IN THE SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*gets off soapbox and breathes...*

25 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Whether POTD or collections, it doesn't matter. This happened with the Portsmouth friendly too. It's not acceptable.

Two kiosks required of a match. One for collections and one POTD. Tickets sold in the club shop or kiosk outside of match days. I know for a fact a fair few people who tried to buy online (ST holders) and have the ticket added to the card. Low and behold it didn't work. So guess what @Mkelly? They didn't go tonight.

The shop as far as I'm aware is not that busy during non-match days. I would imagine the customer footfall being a similar number to that of the old store, just before it was demolished. The old shop sold tickets and it caused no issues. Yes, you want people to pay online or via phone but some people only deal with cash and some people don't have Internet access or a credit/debit card. How do these people buy tickets I ask? It maybe a small number but they are still being ostracised.

Sell tickets in store and you'll be able to upsell as well. People might just buy that keyring or fridge magnet for £2 when getting tickets. Profit margin. Sell lots of low costing items for a profit, at a rate the customer thinks is a bargain...

JUST START SELLING PAPER TICKETS IN THE SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*gets off soapbox and breathes...*

Is there a time limit when you can't get it added to your SC out of interest? The aforementioned pal said he wasn't given that option nor the option to print, only collect. I was just wondering as the SC and print options seem very easy but maybe there's a 'cut off' after which we can't do it?

10 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Is there a time limit when you can't get it added to your SC out of interest? The aforementioned pal said he wasn't given that option nor the option to print, only collect. I was just wondering as the SC and print options seem very easy but maybe there's a 'cut off' after which we can't do it?

As far as I know, I don't think so. Your seat is 'reserved' for cup games until you buy it. If you don't buy it, I think it remains reserved unless you contact the club to re-sell it, which I don't think they do anyway and it would only be useful in a total sellout with unprecedented ticket demand (imagine City v Rovers at home).

I went in about 7:25 with my pre-loaded ticket on my card bought online a while ago. Shop looked packed to me. I would hazard a guess the average value of a purchase in the shop is more than the £12 ticket tonight. So serving out tickets there probably would mean losing money overall.

Why the hell do so many people leave it to the last minute then blame the club? It's not rocket science to plan a few days ahead is it?

10 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

As far as I know, I don't think so. Your seat is 'reserved' for cup games until you buy it. If you don't buy it, I think it remains reserved unless you contact the club to re-sell it, which I don't think they do anyway and it would only be useful in a total sellout with unprecedented ticket demand (imagine City v Rovers at home).

Surprised that my buddy wasn't offered that then TBH. Maybe one for Mark Kelly to look at to make sure that facility is offered.

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I went in about 7:25 with my pre-loaded ticket on my card bought online a while ago. Shop looked packed to me. I would hazard a guess the average value of a purchase in the shop is more than the £12 ticket tonight. So serving out tickets there probably would mean losing money overall.

Why the hell do so many people leave it to the last minute then blame the club? It's not rocket science to plan a few days ahead is it?

Not blaming the club. Just the system. And I did suggest selling paper tickets from the shop on a NON-match day...

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I totally agree with the sentiment Robin but I'm sure there are some that only found they could go at short notice with work / family commitments etc changing. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

4,000 of them..?!

Obviously not fella.

I've asked Mark Kelly to clarify the rules on e-tickets and adding to SC's for future reference as those queues shouldn't happen nowadays. Maybe people just didn't know as many SC holders might not travel to away games so this might have been the first time they could have added a game to their SC's? 

2 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Obviously not fella.

I've asked Mark Kelly to clarify the rules on e-tickets and adding to SC's for future reference as those queues shouldn't happen nowadays. Maybe people just didn't know as many SC holders might not travel to away games so this might have been the first time they could have added a game to their SC's? 

Possibly, although all the pricing info did say "£13 or £12 if you load it to your card" so it wasn't really hidden info. 

It was hell of a jump from the 12/13k expected, so must have been a lot of people just leaving it to the last second. 

No question that collections and sales should have different queues though! 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Possibly, although all the pricing info did say "£13 or £12 if you load it to your card" so it wasn't really hidden info. 

It was hell of a jump from the 12/13k expected, so must have been a lot of people just leaving it to the last second. 

No question that collections and sales should have different queues though! 

Totally agree BBS3. I wonder if that facility and the 'print' one is actually being offered all the time though? Mark will clarify it as I'm sure it should be offered.

Sounds as though lots have had a bit of a 'mare...but to add balance, personally I'm delighted I don't have to queue to buy a ticket in a shop. Got the match loaded to our STs and our membership card online a while back...all sorted, walked in no trouble this evening. I appreciate that folk who have to leave it to the last minute and have neither a ST or membership might not appreciate the system. But I'm a perfectly happy customer. So much better than in days gone by.

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Why don't people want to pay online or by phone? It's quick and easy. Why on earth would you choose to join a queue or drive to the ground to buy tickets in a shop in preference?

A few people in that queue would have only known at the last minute that they were able to attend. Fair enough. But the majority could have got their act together sooner and used the online/phone option they are encouraged to by the club.

I find it difficult to blame the club - who would have predicted such a large walk-up? Certainly no one on here did.

15 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why don't people want to pay online or by phone? 

Because not everyone has grown up with the internet, Chipp. And people are creatures of habit and don't like change. There is something beautifully simple about approaching a member of staff in a booth or shop, asking for two tickets and handing them £26 in crisp notes, then receiving your tickets and proceeding to the entrance. A bit like we did for decades. It would be nice to have both ways of purchasing tickets. The club should be bending over backwards to get people in the ground, make it easy for everyone, not just those that are nifty online or comfortable using credit cards over the phone.

By the way, you (I think) were wondering before the game why only 12k or so were enthused by this cup tie - well, the team selection and then the uninspiring first hour might be your answer. We've seen all this before, people don't forget. The last 20 or so was good though, almost like cup football. Serve that up more often and I can see people coming back for more.

5 hours ago, cynic said:

I'm assuming this was a POTD queue - or was it mixed in with people collecting tickets ?

There must have been a very high POTD attendance which took everyone by surprise. I don't think anyone expected 16k and even the club were predicting around 13k. Even so, once it became apparent, the club should have acted fast to sort it out.

No excuses,the club need to get a grip of ticketing across the board....so amateur its untrue.

Let's hear from you,Mr Kelly!!..do your job.

Archived