IGNORED

Gate figure v Hull ?

cidered abroad

I question whether the club has done enough to advertise this game.  I heard a group of people on Saturday who didn't know we were playing Hull Tuesday.

This game should be common knowledge to all possible ticket buyers.

The club really has to improve the way they promote / sell tickets for these matches.

We should be able to attract at least 18k for a game against a Prem team (albeit a crap one) when the tickets are selling at £12.

In the modern world, there must be numerous innovative ways of promoting / selling the game.

That is very poor. 

I'm astounded at that. 

I realise Hull aren't a big pull but thought cheap tickets on the half term (more kids likely to be allowed to stay up) would have seen us hit high teens. 

Oh well, there could always a late flurry of interest. I agree re the club not doing enough though. There hasn't been a peep about it, when they should've been stirring things up, working at swaying those who may or may not. 

37 minutes ago, streety_bcfc said:

Cant believe that @ 13 quid a head this game is only at 13K... Especially with the chance we could be in the QF's. 

Sorry but people arnt made of money.  People shell out a lot of money for football these days, and with the cost of living etc...some people can't afford to do every game. A lot of people have to prioritise games....and I know if I was in that situation, I'd be going to the league games before this game.

• Admin
49 minutes ago, streety_bcfc said:

Cant believe that @ 13 quid a head this game is only at 13K... Especially with the chance we could be in the QF's. 

21 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Just over 11,000 sold according to official website...

It's worse than that @streety_bcfc, as @Kim_il_sung said it's just over 11k

Capture.PNG

6 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

Is this POTD?? 

Might take the little fella down for his first game. He's only 6 so have to gauge whether he'll be able to last a night game.

Also, best stand for him?? He can get a little nervous at times. 

West Stand lower

23 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Sorry but people arnt made of money.  People shell out a lot of money for football these days, and with the cost of living etc...some people can't afford to do every game. A lot of people have to prioritise games....and I know if I was in that situation, I'd be going to the league games before this game.

Usually you'd have a point, but it's only £13. The last home game (for most) was only a tenner and we only have one home game coming up in November. 

I don't think money can be used as a valid reason for the vast majority. Many managed Newcastle & Villa in a week..! 

Its not like we're playing bloody Gillingham in the early stages ... its a decent round of the competition against a decent side, plus I'd have thought general curiosity about checking out the 'New Gate' might have got a few Bristolian bums on seats given the chance to have a nose on the cheap.

God not forgetting the lamb pie's are to die for apparently!

Club should've made a bigger song and dance about this one IMO ...  come on down - the price is right!

I guess it doesn't have the pull of other opponents because Hull are probably a championship team already in a lot of people's eyes such has been their terrible start (they are in mine!) but as others have said its our best chance for a very very long time to get to the latter stages of a competition so it's swings and roundabouts and I can see both sides of the arguments. If I didn't have a season ticket and lived outside of Bristol and it was an effort to get to then I'm not sure whether I'd be going to this one as I would be prioritising league games over this one.  As it is I'm lucky that I can get to the ground relatively easy, without too much hassle so I will be there.  But let's not be too hard on those that won't be.

Defintely think the club could've done more to promote it though. 

47 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I think you'll find some people are:  Image result for made of money

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

If this game was the usual £30-40 you'd have a point.  Everyone has their own individual circumstances to think about of course, but in broad terms, affordability cannot be used as an excuse for a game costing £12.  You can't go to Bristol Zoo for £12.  That's exceptionally good value and I'd expect more than 11,000 people to want to watch a game of football for that price in a city the size of Bristol.

Frankly I think 11,000 is a pathetic figure.  I understand that the league is the priority, but it feels to me like the balance of priority between league and cup games has now swung far too far towards the league.  The cups are capable of great drama, extra time, penalties, and the excitement of waiting to see who you get in the next round if you win.  They give us a realistic opportunity of coming up against the likes of United, Arsenal and Chelsea - games we can only dream about at the moment.  Probably our greatest victory in the last 30 years came in the cup.  The prize on Tuesday is a place in the last 8, and most likely a big-name, perhaps in our newly redeveloped stadium.  And if we don't get the big name tie, it's an even better chance of making the semis!  It's an exciting prize on offer for one game of football.

When was the last time we reached this stage of a major cup?  I just cannot get my head around the lack of enthusiasm - especially at £12 each.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

@ChippenhamRed and the most annoying thing about all this, IF we win against Hull and get a Premier league side away we'd take thousands !

Indeed.  It also annoys me that people were willing to pay up to £41 to watch us pay Newcastle in the league but less than half as many are willing to pay £12 for the same seat for a game with a bigger prize on offer.  Yet some of those people will say football is too expensive.  It annoys me.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Indeed.  It also annoys me that people were willing to pay up to £41 to watch us pay Newcastle in the league but less than half as many are willing to pay £12 for the same seat for a game with a bigger prize on offer.  Yet some of those people will say football is too expensive.  It annoys me.

The 20's plenty campaign champions certainly don't help their case by not lapping up £12/13 tickets. 

Just as a relative comparison...

In the 2012/13 championship season, we had league attendances of between 12-13k for games v Palace, Millwall, Hull, Blackpool, Derby,Peterborough, Ipswich, Brighton, Bolton & Birmingham. 

Our crowds have developed substantially in the last 3/4 seasons. 

Oh and we are bemoaning an attendance which will probably be more than Rovers have had for a home game for the last 30+ years! 

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Slightly different as that's about away tickets with travel costs to factor in, but it does suggest that affordability is overstated as a reason people don't go to football.

Home or away, price can not be used as any reason when tickets are £13. 

I get that cup games just don't capture some people's interest, but I find it hard to understand why this one wouldn't. 

I notice in today's "in the press" section, Hull are expected to play a full strength team. This will not be easy and the prize could be massive! 

Archived