IGNORED

Gate figure v Hull ?

cidered abroad

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Well hopefully we will get a chance to find out. Hope I'm wrong and the appeal of a United second team is strong enough 

45k were, for some reason, happy enough to watch a game against Walsall! 

I think United at home is one of those games that the whole of Bristol (Gasheads aside) would be all over, even if they've never been to a City game before (not really a good thing).

But then when you look at it we wouldn't even need many more fans than we got against Blackburn anyway. 21k home fans were there Saturday, add on 2000 more away fans that United would bring takes that figure to 23k, and then we're only a few thousand short of the full capacity. I think that would go pretty quickly for a cup quarter final against any big Premier League side.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Not far away

Spot on @Manon, it all takes time - it wasn't that long ago a crowd of over 13k was seen as a decent number

Capture.PNG

And a sell out of 19,500 saw the Gate bursting at the seams. Now we are disappointed to fall below 21,000 for run of the mill League games, and it shows how far we have come in a short time. Attendance tonight however will be announced as 13,600

1 minute ago, shelts said:

Attendance tonight 17,654

Anyone have a scooby if I have to print eticket or can I scan on phone, mine is on season ticket but my young un  has ticket, he has a blue mate....I'm worried!!

Actually, it's 17,656.

Myself and BigTone are "putting on a show" at 1/2 time; in the middle of the pitch.

Send your kids to get the sausage rolls, and don't let them back for at least 10 minutes.

Counting the minutes Tone.

:wub:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

:yes:

Uncle TFR

41 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Well hopefully we will get a chance to find out. Hope I'm wrong and the appeal of a United second team is strong enough 

Pretty confident United won't be putting out a second team in the quarter finals of any cup with their current situation. Be nice to find out though as you say. 

57 minutes ago, RedDave said:

If we get through and draw Man Utd next round I very much doubt we would sell out

I think you underestimate the appeal of that fixture, even with a second-string 11.  If we can get 24k for Newcastle at home, which was a sell out, then I am absolutely convinced we would easily get to 27k for United at home in the latter stages of a cup competition.  Even MK Dons got 27k when United came to visit - and that was only the second round!  Plus the rule is 10% for away fans in the EFL cup, so United will bring 2,700.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think you underestimate the appeal of that fixture, even with a second-string 11.  If we can get 24k for Newcastle at home, which was a sell out, then I am absolutely convinced we would easily get to 27k for United at home in the latter stages of a cup competition.  Even MK Dons got 27k when United came to visit - and that was only the second round!  Plus the rule is 10% for away fans in the EFL cup, so United will bring 2,700.

:source:

Proof the draw IS rigged.

If we do get Man U, I demand an enquiry.

Uncle TFR

41 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

45k were, for some reason, happy enough to watch a game against Walsall! 

I think United at home is one of those games that the whole of Bristol (Gasheads aside) would be all over, even if they've never been to a City game before (not really a good thing).

But then when you look at it we wouldn't even need many more fans than we got against Blackburn anyway. 21k home fans were there Saturday, add on 2000 more away fans that United would bring takes that figure to 23k, and then we're only a few thousand short of the full capacity. I think that would go pretty quickly for a cup quarter final against any big Premier League side.

Saturday would have been a lot less without all of the free tickets and £10 tickets 

1 hour ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

Actually, it's 17,656.

Myself and BigTone are "putting on a show" at 1/2 time; in the middle of the pitch.

Send your kids to get the sausage rolls, and don't let them back for at least 10 minutes.

Counting the minutes Tone.

:wub:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

:yes:

Uncle TFR

Can I join you guys?!!:yes:

In two minds over this really. It's a Premier League side, tickets are pretty cheap, it's the first time we've reached this stage in 28 years, and I can't imagine too many had to choose between this and Barnsley.

On the other hand, it's Hull and we were at home on Saturday.

I think if we were getting 15k through the gate tonight that would be a good return, it's not a showpiece tie but it's not much more expensive than a friendly to get into the last eight of a major cup competition.

26 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

If we can get 22k at home against newcastle then i would be shocked if we didnt sell out against any of the top 5 prem teams

If we were to draw any of the big prem teams at home the demand would be massive and 27,000 will be nowhere near enough

Archived