IGNORED

Gate figure v Hull ?

cidered abroad

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why don't people want to pay online or by phone? It's quick and easy. Why on earth would you choose to join a queue or drive to the ground to buy tickets in a shop in preference?

A few people in that queue would have only known at the last minute that they were able to attend. Fair enough. But the majority could have got their act together sooner and used the online/phone option they are encouraged to by the club.

I find it difficult to blame the club - who would have predicted such a large walk-up? Certainly no one on here did.

I buy online only because I have to..would walk into shop to buy when passing if I could.much easier,and ticket in hand-no balls ups!..

Penny pinching above customer service...again.

How do we let SL know ticketing is a real issue for our fans?,as no one with hands on seems to care enough.

6 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Sounds as though lots have had a bit of a 'mare...but to add balance, personally I'm delighted I don't have to queue to buy a ticket in a shop. Got the match loaded to our STs and our membership card online a while back...all sorted, walked in no trouble this evening. I appreciate that folk who have to leave it to the last minute and have neither a ST or membership might not appreciate the system. But I'm a perfectly happy customer. So much better than in days gone by.

Didn't realise you could load on to a membership card, as it won't display a stand or seat. How does that work?

18 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Didn't realise you could load on to a membership card, as it won't display a stand or seat. How does that work?

When I logged into the Bristol Sport site and ordered the seats I had an option to allocate them to each of them to our linked cards...two STs and a membership.  I'd ordered the two ST seats we have and the free seat next to them which I know isn't held by a ST holder. I was pleasantly surprised that it worked!

6 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Because not everyone has grown up with the internet, Chipp. And people are creatures of habit and don't like change. There is something beautifully simple about approaching a member of staff in a booth or shop, asking for two tickets and handing them £26 in crisp notes, then receiving your tickets and proceeding to the entrance. A bit like we did for decades. It would be nice to have both ways of purchasing tickets. The club should be bending over backwards to get people in the ground, make it easy for everyone, not just those that are nifty online or comfortable using credit cards over the phone.

By the way, you (I think) were wondering before the game why only 12k or so were enthused by this cup tie - well, the team selection and then the uninspiring first hour might be your answer. We've seen all this before, people don't forget. The last 20 or so was good though, almost like cup football. Serve that up more often and I can see people coming back for more.

You talk as if the POTD option doesn't exist. It did tonight. So all options are there. So the club do cater for everyone, it's just on this occasion they didn't anticipate the demand - none of us did.

I appreciate some aren't internet savvy but why someone can't pick up the phone is beyond me. The world has moved on from queueing around the ground; my sympathy for those who stubbornly refuse to keep up is limited. It really isn't hard to make a phone call.

39 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You talk as if the POTD option doesn't exist. It did tonight. So all options are there. So the club do cater for everyone, it's just on this occasion they didn't anticipate the demand - none of us did.

I appreciate some aren't internet savvy but why someone can't pick up the phone is beyond me. The world has moved on from queueing around the ground; my sympathy for those who stubbornly refuse to keep up is limited. It really isn't hard to make a phone call.

Agree entirely CR. In reality, the vast vast majority of people aren't simply strolling by the ticket office of a relaxed morning with crisp tenners in hand. Buying online is much more convenient for most. With no disrespect at all meant to those who find themselves in this situation (presumably no-one using this internet forum!) the proportion of the crowd unable to get to grips with the tech aspects of buying online has got to be pretty small.

This might be a little cynical, but I also think that the long queues might be being tolerated by the club so as to encourage more people to buy online/ on the phone. The more automated the process is the cheaper it is for the club. The club is saying "you want tickets, buy online. If not then you might have to queue." You get in that queue once, the next time you jolly well buy online.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Thing is though, you often have to wait a long time on the phone to get through when theres a big game coming up. Its not always easy to sneak a long phone call in during work hours.

I was told a couple of months back that they were thinking of installing ticket vending machines at the ground. People could stop by on non matchdays and pick up their tickets that way.

2 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

You get a confirming email with the stand, block, row and seat number shown. I printed mine for last night just in case.....

8 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why didn't you go if you wanted to? What stopped you picking up the phone or buying one online?

I picked the phone up on Friday and was told to collect them on the night as they couldn't guarantee delivery, arrived about 6:15 and there were already big queues for pay on the day and hardly any queuefor collection and no queue at all at the complimentary window, biggest issue of last night was the fact that we had more than expected potd, personally I think potd should be cash only this would massively improve the queuing time

This may be too simple or not cost effective for the club but why not have automated ticket machines at the ground very much like they have at cinemas? Touch screen where you can choose the seats in whatever location? I suppose they would need your details inputting but there must be a more efficient process that embraces modern technology?

In the FAN meeting minutes...

6.  Ticket office and ticket sales next season
From next season, supporters who have a membership card (Season Card or Forever Bristol Member Card) will be able to purchase tickets from the Club Shop.
http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/fan-meeting-minutes-may-2016-3125797.aspx

If this isn't the case, why not? @Mkelly

32 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

In the FAN meeting minutes...

6.  Ticket office and ticket sales next season
From next season, supporters who have a membership card (Season Card or Forever Bristol Member Card) will be able to purchase tickets from the Club Shop.
http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/fan-meeting-minutes-may-2016-3125797.aspx

If this isn't the case, why not? @Mkelly

Still doesn't cover people who are not ST holders or forever bristol members. I'm neither. 

I can buy mine online but some people don't use the net and some people don't have a credit/debit card. What do these people do?

34 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Still doesn't cover people who are not ST holders or forever bristol members. I'm neither. 

I can buy mine online but some people don't use the net and some people don't have a credit/debit card. What do these people do?

They can potd...!

I don't know the stats but come on, really, how many people in this day and age don't have internet access and/or a debit card..?! 

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

They can potd...!

I don't know the stats but come on, really, how many people in this day and age don't have internet access and/or a debit card..?! 

Plenty of people, particularly in the older generation don't like like entering their bank details on line, I don't see anything wrong if people want to pay with good old fashioned cash and feel that option should be provided, it is certainly my preference and many others last night judging by the long queues at the potd windows.

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

Plenty of people, particularly in the older generation don't like like entering their bank details on line, I don't see anything wrong if people want to pay with good old fashioned cash and feel that option should be provided, it is certainly my preference and many others last night judging by the long queues at the potd windows.

The option is offered. 

When I went past the queue was certainly not full of 80 year olds though!

I get that the queues were long. That's not good, but online is how most event tickets are sold now. It's just the way the world is in general, not just our club trying to exclude people. 

They did warn to turn up early to potd, yet most seemed to arrive well after 7pm and it looks like more than anyone was expecting.

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The option is offered. 

I get that the queues were long. That's not good, but online is how most event tickets are sold now. It's just the way the world is in general, not just our club trying to exclude people. 

They did warn to turn up early to potd, yet most seemed to arrive well after 7pm and it looks like more than anyone was expecting.

Given that one person joined the queue at 7.10pm and was still in that queue at 8pm and others say the missed a majority of the first half, so what would be a good time to arrive?, 5pm, 6pm or perhaps treat it like the January sales and camp out all night?.

if the club were caught out by this, then it is becoming a broken record as this same excuse is trotted out every time, it's simply not good enough.

21 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The option is offered. 

Well I'm not 80 just the tender age of 52!! But give me good old cash every time, it certainly was more than anyone expected for potd and it is certainly something they may have to look at in the winter months when the many local games in the area get called off late, my own two sons play for a local South Bristol team where nearly all their teammates are City fans and many of them would make a late decision to come to AG if their game was called off. Pleasantly surprised at last nights attendance is it down to the whole new AG experience which everyone seems to be enjoying?

27 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Given that one person joined the queue at 7.10pm and was still in that queue at 8pm and others say the missed a majority of the first half, so what would be a good time to arrive?, 5pm, 6pm or perhaps treat it like the January sales and camp out all night?.

if the club were caught out by this, then it is becoming a broken record as this same excuse is trotted out every time, it's simply not good enough.

I would have said that an hour before kick off minimum would class as arriving early, when you've been warned too, to avoid queues. 

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

16.5k and Johnson picks a team for the first hour that would get us relegated to League 1. At least we had a go in the last half hour I suppose. Last cup game I go to for a while.

Outplayed a Premier League team for large periods, but would get us relegated... Yep, obviously. 

• Admin
7 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Outplayed a Premier League team for large periods, but would get us relegated... Yep, obviously. 

May have out played them, but we never looked like scoring - their keeper hardly had a save to make all night

Last night was a one off cup match, so can't read too much into it

• Admin
45 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

18 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I would have said that an hour before kick off minimum would class as arriving early, when you've been warned too, to avoid queues. 

If I was going to an event where I could walk up and buy a ticket, I certainly wouldn't expect to have to queue for nearly an hour to get one

Clearly there will be times when people could walk straight up, but this is one thing that seems to have been a problem for years

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

The option is offered. 

Maybe offered, but doesn't mean people HAVE to

12 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Maybe offered, but doesn't mean people HAVE to

No, they don't have to do either. 

They can choose to buy online, buy over the phone, or buy in person. 

The more people that choose to turn up and buy on the day, the longer the queue will be. My point was that the vast majority in that queue could have bought via one of the other ways and not had such long queues. 

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

No, they don't have to do either. 

They can choose to buy online, buy over the phone, or buy in person. 

The more people that choose to turn up and buy on the day, the longer the queue will be. My point was that the vast majority in that queue could have bought via one of the other ways and not had such long queues. 

Your missing the point, the more difficult, stressful or chaotic/useless the system employed by BristolSport is the more likely to put people off of considering POTD and in business that has a knock on effect, have a stress free experience you might tell 1 or 2 people how good it was, have a difficult, stressful and chaotic experience and still be charged for the privilege of watching only half of the actual experience and you will tell anybody who will listen.

if this was a one off it wouldn't be such an issue, but as long as OTIB has been in existence this particular problem has been a recurring theme at one time or another, there has to be a simpler way surely?.

Archived