IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Hull City evening match thread

where's the joy

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Leaving out Tomlin, Hordur, Tammy and O'Neil obviously left us severely weakened as a team.

There is no dispute to be had here, these are amongst our very best players.

I don't agree Moore was 'fantastic' - he made one notable recovery tackle and looks much more suited and confident in central defence as opposed to full back, but he wasn't as assured, or as dominating in the air, as Magnusson.

Yet despite this hull had 1 clear cut chance (which Moore saved) and scored from mistakes from first team players.

I didn't go last night, but I find the attitude of some that they were somehow 'conned' into wasting their time and money by LJs team selection somewhat strange. If I got there and found out Taylor Moore and Gustav Engvall were starting i'd have been excited as I've yet to see either play in the flesh. That's not to say said attitudes are wrong, I just don't get it

I went last night and drove my normal 100 miles each way.

Did I feel `cheated` by the team selection - no

Did I enjoy the game - yes

Did I enjoy watching excellent performances fro Engvall & Moore among others - yes

Were the last 10-15 minutes some of the most exciting I`ve seen this season - yes

Am I glad we now have a squad that we can rotate and not have to carry on flogging the same 11 players to death week in week out - yes

I have absolutely nothing to moan about apart from us letting in two soft goals, neither of which were down to the team changes. We created more chances in last night`s game than we had in the previous three put together so it`s all good as far as I`m concerned. Anyone who feels in some way offended by paying twelve quid to watch our `reserves` put in a performance like that needs to seriously have a look at themselves.

Just my opinion of course.

10 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

City got promoted to the first division under Alan Dicks by playing a settled side week in week out in all games, and they played on some right mud baths in those days. Collier played all the games, Merrick played all of the games, so did Gow, Ritchie and Tainton. Cashley played 100 consecutive first team games the night City won promotion.

Regardless of the rest of the post, it's just as well the speed, fitness and intensity of football hasn't changed in the past 40 years isn't it :facepalm:

Also @Nogbad the Bad are you aware Hull have barely any players? Without putting out their Under-11 girls team, they couldn't make nine changes.

Archived