IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Hull City evening match thread

where's the joy

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Utter crap. They took £12 each. And you pay to watch Bristol City. The rest is up to the manager.

I had fun tonight. Great goal from Tomlin and all the fun of the fair in the last few minutes. Good value entertainment.

Bottled it. We could have won that game.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Utter crap. They took £12 each. And you pay to watch Bristol City. The rest is up to the manager.

I had fun tonight. Great goal from Tomlin and all the fun of the fair in the last few minutes. Good value entertainment.

Can't say i ever have fun when we lose. 

Im sure we will get an explanation from LJ regarding the line up although as others jall already alluded to he has had to give a couple less game time to stop them burning out. 

What i am concerned about though is will LJ or the club get in trouble for making too many changes like holloway and mccarthy did once.

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Bollocks. 9 of those players have had loads of first team football. A few of our best players left out admittedly but hardly the reserves. 

Exactly this.

Look, if a 17 year old youngster gets done for their two goals, then that is a learning curve. Other than up front, it was not that weak a side. Sounded like we gave it a go, and what cost us was crap defending by experienced players, twice.

Not going to lie. It is disappointing. Would have loved to be in a QF, but it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I wanted a full strength line up but that's far too strong. Even if you don't agree with the selection it's not hard to appreciate the counter argument. If we win at Barnsley and go up by a point then he's fully justified.

Of course. If we don't win Saturday then it's very poor.  Hopefully he learns from this.  He's young and still learning which is fine but lots of annoyed fans tonight.

What a hateful club Hull is!

Having said that...I'm slightly disappointed by LJ's choice to change so many players in the starting XI: I know that the club's main focus is on the league, but tonight we had a great chance to reach at least the next round, againt a Hull side which is not at his best, based on their recent results in the PL.

Anyway...credit to the lads for their effort, but most of all, for our nice cup run: a good experience, especially considering that we usually don't do well in the cups (excluding the FL Trophy).

Now let's concentrate on the Championship. COYR

Lets be honest the top 2 divisions treat this competition just like the old Johnsons paint competition, until the semi finals and then all of a sudden it becomes important.

I haven't got a problem at all with LJ's team selection tonight, the big question needs to be who was at fault for the goals both from set pieces, that does need sorting.

Team selection was a gamble but isn't that what having a squad is about? Usual melodramatic nonsense being spouted on here. 

At least we finally have a manager who isn't afraid to make a brave decision, scratch that, even ANY decision now and again. 

If the first team had lost and then been shagged by half time on Sat that'd be wrong too. 

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Im sure we will get an explanation from LJ regarding the line up although as others jall already alluded to he has had to give a couple less game time to stop them burning out. 

What i am concerned about though is will LJ or the club get in trouble for making too many changes like holloway and mccarthy did once.

It wasn't too many changes though - All of them are first team players.

O'Donnell, Flint, Little, Reid, Bryan have all played the majority of games this season.

The rest, with the exception of Engvall and Moore have featured in many games this season.

It was 9 changes from the last starting lineup in a 46+ game season. I'm pleased we can do and still be competitive against a premier league team.

Wow some fans seem petty and disrespectful to LJ.

Everyone has a opinion when the game is finished but I believe we had to rotate our squad because of injury, cup tied Pato and because this is our 3rd game in a week. 

We had 20 shots according to BBC and played our 1 mil Engvall - Who I believe we will need down the line.

Also a cameo to feed the hunger of our young striker in McClousky.

All in all look at the big picture. 

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

Not at all....

...but that is.

Scott Golbourne apart from Saturday hasn't featured much at all, Wilbraham starting a game? Engvall's first game in England, O'donell is the second choice keeper, Taylor Moore in his second match at centre half this season, Mark Little.. Really?

So you don't think that's the majority of our second stringers?

Archived