IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Hull City evening match thread

where's the joy

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Agreed. I don't think you learn much throwing that many newbies together. Surely better to see how 1 or 2 integrate into an established setup. 

I agree, but it is not our youth team either.

I think your comments are most true in defence. Defending like they have never played together...

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Really what was the bloody point in getting this far?! 

I fancied City tonight (as did the bookies) although there is plenty of time left, I find it odd that any side at your level would field a weakened side. Days out don't come along all that often for teams below the top level, and clubs should seize evry opportunity to grab them. I remember how jealous I was when you had Forest in the semi final. I am sure many of you will take memories of those games to the grave- that is what being a football fan is about, and some managers would do well to remember this.

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I fancied City tonight (as did the bookies) although there is plenty of time left, I find it out that any side at your level would field a weakened side. Days out don't come along all that often for teams below the top level, and clubs should seize evry opportunity to grab them. I remember how jealous I was when you had Forest in the semi final. I am sure many of you will take memories of those games to the grave- that is what being a football fan is about, and some managers would do well to remember this.

I agree Miah, but it wasn't unexpected. That's why I kept it from Horace until I saw the team sheet, and I'm not going to tell him now.

6 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

What were some people really expecting from tonight..?

So LJ makes changes in a cup game to see what his players can do...and we concede and look likely to go out of the competition.

League is more important and pays the bills  

I disagree completely. I really really want to see my team in a quarter final. I started going in 1990 and I havent ever seen it before. As our gashead friend says, cup runs create memories that football is all about. Tonight will be so dissapointing for me if we go out to the most dour Premier League team we could have drawn.

4 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

So LJ makes changes in a cup game to see what his players can do...and we concede and look likely to go out of the competition.

I think it was more the point how LJ was saying how well he wanted us to do, making 9 changes doesn't feel anyone with confidence and that has to filter down to the players.

6 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

So what..? LJ makes changes in a cup game to see what his players can do...and we concede and look likely to go out of the competition.

Rubbish. Why have we played a weaker team than we played in the first round?! Ridiculous.

Archived