IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Hull City evening match thread

where's the joy

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Not buying it one bit.

We have hardly just slung on a load of youth players. RoD, Pack, Little, Reid, etc are in the first team squad, sometimes they play, sometimes they dont.

I think LJ picked a team he thought had a chance, while rotating. If I was going to quibble, I would always keep the back line together if I can, as more than anywhere they get to know eachothers roles.

The team he picked should have been capable of dealing with the two goals conceeded. Lesson learned.

3 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

I'd rather buy the position that the club and LJ's target is to make a serious attempt at the playoffs. 

Cant do both

Words to that effect on the website might have saved a few people the trouble of turning up. 

They can look forward to crap attendances for cup games for years to come. 

3 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Do you believe that we couldnt have had some great memories of perhaps reaching a semi final or final? Some fantastic publicity? A great buzz around the club? You are the ying to my yang tonight, I disagree completely with your opinion.

Would love it...I'm just being realistic 

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

If everyone at the club though that then what's the point of getting through the 1st round, might as well not have bothered.

It seems the competition is there to blood youngsters and to provide practice time for others. Not exactly the basis of a competition. 

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

No. If the club aren't prepared to commit to the game then why would fans do the same?

Have another look at the team...plenty in there with game time this season and LJ clearly believed that they were capable of the challenge. 

Hardly a capitulation is it?

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Of those complaining about the club not taking it seriously, how many are not at the game yet could easily have gone if they'd really wanted to? 

2,352. They'll be glad they saved their money, given it was just a run-out for the club. 

I should add - I've no issue with what they've done, so long as they let fans know about it in advance. 

Archived