IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Hull City evening match thread

where's the joy

2 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

As I said lets wait and see.

I was disappointed with the starting 11. But having calmed down and trusting the manager, let's just wait and see.

Seems were all getting carried away with how good we think we are.

1970,1989. a long time I know with out a proper cup run. But maybe we can be a club that can move on up (Curtis Mayfield)

Don't worry we will be happy!!!

Ironically you will struggle to find a bigger Johnson fan than me.  I work in oldham and have followed him closely.  Delighted when he got the job.  First time I've ever been disappointed with him tonight.  

Some people on here will see one slight as me writing him off and that couldn't be further from the truth.  

A chance to get to the quarters for first time in ages and some people on here don't seem to care.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

So what category do O'Donnell, Little, Pack and Reid fit into?.

I didn't mention Pack or Reid? I haven't put them into categories either? 

O'Donnell and Little are back ups, ML has been playing because Matthews wasn't fit, do you really think he would be LJ's first choice?

3 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

I thought you were meant to be smart. You certainly like to give that impression. It's ok to admit you're wrong, you're starting to look a bit silly.

I don't understand why. What's wrong with wanting to reach the quarters and playing best team possible?  Fine not to play Smith and Matthews.  I don't get what your problem is with somebody having a view that tonight is more important than Saturday. 

Perhaps you could explain instead of flippant posts after flippant posts. 

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Just play our reserves forever then because apparently what will be will be and there is no influencing it. 

You talk utter shite sometimes.

Ok Flashman you must be correct as usual, even though most don't agree with you.

What exactly is shite about saying that the opposite to what claim could have happened could not have happened?.

6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I didn't mention Pack or Reid? I haven't put them into categories either? 

O'Donnell and Little are back ups, ML has been playing because Matthews wasn't fit, do you really think he would be LJ's first choice?

Whoa, O'Donnell was very much the first choice before he got dropped and Little was fancied ahead of Ayling.

and not forgetting two players costing over 1 mil a piece.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Whoa, O'Donnell was very much the first choice before he got dropped and Little was fancied ahead of Ayling.

O'Donnell is second choice. Luke Ayling is not favoured at RB so there only leaves one option, Mark ducking Little! 

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Ok Flashman you must be correct as usual, even though most don't agree with you.

What exactly is shite about saying that the opposite to what claim could have happened could not have happened?.

If I'm in a minority on OTIB then I must be correct. 

The stronger team you play the better chance you have. Obviously anything can happen but give yourself the best chance to win the game.  Worry about Saturday after we have hopefully won.  

I'm clearly in minority in thinking tonight is more important than Saturday, which is fine.  I'd rather win a cup than get promoted.  I know we probably won't win it but we probably won't get promoted either.  Many people will hold the opposite view on cup v league I'm sure.

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I don't understand why. What's wrong with wanting to reach the quarters and playing best team possible?  Fine not to play Smith and Matthews.  I don't get what your problem is with somebody having a view that tonight is more important than Saturday. 

There's nothing wrong with wanting to progress. Do you really think Johnson wanted us to not progress? Of course not. 

In management you have to make what you feel is the correct decision without the benefit of hindsight. He put a team out that he thought would be able to compete with the opposition, and he was right. 

Complete conjecture to say that we'd have won with a different lineup, plenty of those who didn't start tonight have started games we've lost in the league against weaker opposition. Football isn't an exact science. 

Come Saturday afternoon we'll have played 6 games in 21 days - simply impossible to not have some serious squad rotation going on in that time. 

You obviously feel the stronger side should have gone out tonight than at Oakwell, but in a league where three points can mean the difference between making the playoffs and not, or being relegated and not, I think it's understandable that LJ valued league progress slightly over cup progress. 

The stronger team you play the better chance you have. Obviously anything can happen but give yourself the best chance to win the game.  Worry about Saturday after we have hopefully won.  

I'm clearly in minority in thinking tonight is more important than Saturday, which is fine.  I'd rather win a cup than get promoted.  I know we probably won't win it but we probably won't get promoted either.  Many people will hold the opposite view on cup v league I'm sure.

I agree with you, but apparently we must clap and celebrate everything like dribbling sheep.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

of course you'll never win anything with kids.

How many teams in the championship could bring in 2 players costing over 1 mil each and 2 players who were first choices until about a month ago?.

Bloody hell,you would rather win the cup than win the league!!! You sir are in a definate minority.It's what the majority of us go to AG for every other week,not to win the bloody cup.

I asked you what is your best team. I bet it's different to mine. Probably different to Lee's. Bearing in mind we don't know the fitness / tactics etc.. (we still managed to put out 11 first teamers)

You seem to know that playing a 'stronger' team would've meant we win the game. I don't know how you or anyone else could possibly know that.

3 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Bloody hell,you would rather win the cup than win the league!!! You sir are in a definate minority.It's what the majority of us go to AG for every other week,not to win the bloody cup.

We don't play cup games every week so obviously you go to see us try to get promoted.  

Oh damn I'm in a minority.  The shame. 

3 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

I asked you what is your best team. I bet it's different to mine. Probably different to Lee's. Bearing in mind we don't know the fitness / tactics etc.. (we still managed to put out 11 first teamers)

You seem to know that playing a 'stronger' team would've meant we win the game. I don't know how you or anyone else could possibly know that.

It would have increased our chances of winning.  Nobody has said we would definitely have won that I have read.  

4 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

This is one of the keys for the team selection. I'm with Lee on this one.

Archived