IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Hull City evening match thread

where's the joy

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Of those complaining about the club not taking it seriously, how many are not at the game yet could easily have gone if they'd really wanted to? 

Over 16k turning up to watch City pretty much treat the game like a pre-season friendly....

Had a ticket myself. Decided not to go. Glad it didn't bother. Will certainly never contemplate a City cup game again 

The thing is the team was looking jaded and Abraham clearly needed to rest.  And I think we have to try players like Moore and Engvall at some point. My only two real issues are:

1) I'd have liked us to have started Tomlin, though I've no idea how fit he is. 

2) I don't think rotating the keepers was a good plan.  Not seen the game so no idea if a factor but I think ROD and FF play in different ways and mixing it up creates uncertainty in the defence and I don't think there's a real argument for it given LJ has seen a fair amount of ROD this season.  If h'd tried Lucic out I'd be more sympathetic but switching keepers seems a bit unnecesary as it is. 

EDIT: And as I wrote that...

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

2,352. They'll be glad they saved their money, given it was just a run-out for the club. 

I should add - I've no issue with what they've done, so long as they let fans know about it in advance. 

Bang on. Let the fans believe that we are going to give it a go only to find out when they have turned up that there are 9 changes. Sneaky. 

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

The thing is the team was looking jaded and Abraham clearly needed to rest.  And I think we have to try players like Moore and Engvall at some point. My only two real issues are:

1) I'd have liked us to have started Tomlin, though I've no idea how fit he is. 

2) I don't think rotating the keepers was a good plan.  Not seen the game so no idea if a factor but I think ROD and FF play in different ways and mixing it up creates uncertainty in the defence and I don't think there's a real argument for it given LJ has seen a fair amount of ROD this season.  If h'd tried Lucic out I'd be more sympathetic but switching keepers seems a bit unnecesary as it is. 

For me, rotating the squad is changing up to 3 or 4.

2 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Yes, and I can already anticipate your point...and your correct. 

Then it's all just opinions isn't it!

Of course, I really was genuinely interested if you had been to those games. Like you say, its all about opinions, maybe I'm a bit of an old romantic, but I still prefer the chance of great nights out over the 'sensible' option of winning league games. I have no idea of your league position when you beat Liverpool in 92(?), and I suspect most of you wouldn't know without looking it up, but I bet you cant look at the Tinnion goal without a tear in your eye.

2 minutes ago, Ecko said:

I feel Hull were there for the taking tonight.

Poor team selection from LJ - the difference when Tammy and Tomlin came in was there to see. Why oh why did he not start them.

That is the kicker really.

Feels like it could have been, maybe should have been.

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Of course, I really was genuinely interested if you had been to those games. Like you say, its all about opinions, maybe I'm a bit of an old romantic, but I still prefer the chance of great nights out over the 'sensible' option of winning league games. I have no idea of your league position when you beat Liverpool in 92(?), and I suspect most of you wouldn't know without looking it up, but I bet you cant look at the Tinnion goal without a tear in your eye.

Without looking....Osman was manager...we were struggling.

1 minute ago, stawey said:

from my 60 plus years of following this club   we never relax and stop moaning until we are 4 -0 up

I can remember City fans moaning when we were 6-0 up and took our foot of the pedal. 6-0 at HT - 6-3 at FT.

Archived