IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Hull City evening match thread

where's the joy

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Team selection was a gamble but isn't that what having a squad is about? Usual melodramatic nonsense being spouted on here. 

At least we finally have a manager who isn't afraid to make a brave decision, scratch that, even ANY decision now and again. 

If the first team had lost and then been shagged by half time on Sat that'd be wrong too. 

Why not play a better team tonight and rest one or two on Saturday?

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There's three really, the Wembley defeat, the 4-5 and the one that relegated the sags outta the League....strange history we've got with the Stags...

Of Course.

I was present and disappointed at the first one (Why does Gordon Owen always get the blame, rather than sharing with DM?), the two others are media memories.  

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

You think we have a first team and a reserve team ?

Most people think we have a squad of players all capable of playing in the first team.

But you carry on spitting that dummy with the other couple on here.

Come on, LJ knows his better and weaker players, we all know that. But I'll carry on debating with you

All the liberals defending a poor decision to rest  players against a poor Hull side who were clearly there for the taking. Why not go 2 up and then rest players? The gamble failed, but then again the realists who don't wear the tinted glasses and are positive whatever happens would understand that.

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Why not play a better team tonight and rest one or two on Saturday?

To be honest I was in the 'play the strongest team we could today' camp. We do not get that many opportunities to get to a QF.

However this is exactly the kind of side we have put out in previous rounds, and LJ has to make the call. Lets be entirely fair, Hull fans could say exactly the same thing with their changes.

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Play different players and it's a different game.  Could have scored first and it's then a different game.  Surely even you know that. 

Jesus that is even more nonsense than the last piece of nonsense, they might have scored 6, we might have scored 6, one of the struggling players might have got seriously injured FFS, who the **** knows, certainly not you, coulda, shoulda, woulda.

2 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

All the liberals defending a poor decision to rest  players against a poor Hull side who were clearly there for the taking. Why not go 2 up and then rest players? The gamble failed, but then again the realists who don't wear the tinted glasses and are positive whatever happens would understand that.

Oh dear. 

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

In your opinion it is clearly.  Would rather win tonight and lose Saturday that other way around.  

We can really fight for 10th now. 

I find it amazing that you'd happily lose a league game to ensure progress in the cup. I suspect you're very much in the minority. All irrelevant of course as a different XI tonight is no guarantee of a different outcome. 

Whats the point in having more than 18 players if you're not going to use them? It's a 50+ game season and that was out 5th game in 17 days. There's going to be times when you need to rotate personnel.

Judging by the report they gave a Premiership side a good game. No reason for hysteria as far as I can see. 

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Jesus that is even more nonsense than the last piece of nonsense, they might have scored 6, we might have scored 6, one of the struggling players might have got seriously injured FFS, who the **** knows, certainly not you, coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Just play our reserves forever then because apparently what will be will be and there is no influencing it. 

You talk utter shite sometimes.

I thought the first goal was the keepers fault but up until then we were the better team, bobby Reid had a solid game, Engvall showed some great touches just needed some end product, Tomlin and Tammy made a big difference but all in I thought we did ok and could have got something out of the game, well worth the £12, glad I went

15 minutes ago, Redandy said:

What I struggle with is all the changes

Not just tonight but there seems a lot of changes for league games as well. We want to use the squad but surely the starting line up should be settling down by now and providing some consistency.

It is too many, players play one game then are out the squad the next. 

Just a few final points.

- It wasnt a reserve side. Stop being dramatic. Most of that XI have started games for us this season. 

- We will never know what would have happened if we played a full strength team. We may well have lost anyway.

- Johnson made a mistake tonight with his selection in my opinion. That does not mean he should "hang his head in shame". I think for where he's got us in the table, he should get a bit of slack perhaps?

- I wish people would care a bit more about the cups. Ask somebody my Dads age their favourite memory of City and they will probably say Leeds 1974. Ask somebody my age, and they may say Liverpool 1994. (I certainly would!) Ask someone a bit older than me and they will probably say Forest 1989. Big cup ties create memories. I wanted another one.

Now lets all have a big group hug.

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Will we be back in the cup in two weeks then?  One chance to go far in a cup and we blow it by playing a reserve team.  

As I said lets wait and see.

I was disappointed with the starting 11. But having calmed down and trusting the manager, let's just wait and see.

Seems were all getting carried away with how good we think we are.

1970,1989. a long time I know with out a proper cup run. But maybe we can be a club that can move on up (Curtis Mayfield)

Don't worry we will be happy!!!

Archived