IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Hull City evening match thread

where's the joy

2 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Bang on. Let the fans believe that we are going to give it a go only to find out when they have turned up that there are 9 changes. Sneaky. 

We may have lost anyway they are a premiership side after all. Its clear we didnt go for it after 9 changes though, did not see that starting line up coming....

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

That is the kicker really.

Feels like it could have been, maybe should have been.

We should be celebrating going through to the Quarters this evening. 

Hull keeper will get the plaudits no doubt - some will say we were unlucky tonight, but I don't care about any of that. 

We should had won that game. 

4 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Of course, I really was genuinely interested if you had been to those games. Like you say, its all about opinions, maybe I'm a bit of an old romantic, but I still prefer the chance of great nights out over the 'sensible' option of winning league games. I have no idea of your league position when you beat Liverpool in 92(?), and I suspect most of you wouldn't know without looking it up, but I bet you cant look at the Tinnion goal without a tear in your eye.

Correct, my dad threw me over the seats in excitement and I ended up in plaster as a result.

1 minute ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Is it just me that still dreams I might see my team play and beat one of the big guns one day? Or has all that dissapeared in favour of "being realistic"? 

One very diisapointed red tonight.

Meh rather focus on the league tbh after our good start. It is uncanny how we keep missing out on drawing the top sides. 

Theres always the FA cup lads :shifty:

U redz

5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

We may have lost anyway they are a premiership side after all. Its clear we didnt go for it after 9 changes though, did not see that starting line up coming....

....the gate would have been less that is why. Fans have been diddled. 

15 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

No. If the club aren't prepared to commit to the game then why would fans do the same?

To be fair. O'Donnell , little , Flint , gouldbourne , Reid , pack o'dowda, Brian , Wilb's have all had plenty of first team football this season . Only engval and Moore haven't out of the starting 11 

its a squad game and there are only probably four players that was left out you can say are definite starters. Tomlin , Tammy , hordour and o'niel . I would of liked tomlin to start but it's hardly the rezzies he put out is it. 

Also 2 very poor goals conceded both mistakes by regular starters. 

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

Sounded as if we got our mojo back with loads of creative stuff and chances made after the last three games of dirge.

In fairness, sounded like that.

Equally if you conceed goals like we conceeded tonight, it is always going to be an uphill struggle. Just so poor, and actually not in itself to me obviously to do with selection.

3 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Well that backfired. Took fans money without prior warning that we were going to play the reserves. Naughty. 

Utter crap. They took £12 each. And you pay to watch Bristol City. The rest is up to the manager.

I had fun tonight. Great goal from Tomlin and all the fun of the fair in the last few minutes. Good value entertainment.

I'm more disappointed with LJ, I haven't been so far but I am tonight. Why make a request to City fans to make the effort, 2 home games in 3 days to watch their reserves go out to Premier League opposition? I'd say having 16,500 down there tonight to watch that was pretty impressive..

If he would have played a full side and got beat, and then have a couple of bad league results people will be saying they are all tired and he should have dropped them all for this game.

Surely the league is the target and tonight was an opportunity to play some of the squad players. When should they get given a chance? Start them in a league game and hope?

Wow people crying about the starting line up need to think about the players that we're replaced. Freeman injured , Paterson cup tied , Matthews only getting back to full fitness . Korey on played his first full 90 mins saturday , Tammy's been ill and he needs resting to stop burnout , ROD is the usual keeper swap for cup games (and people we're saying he's similar to frankie in ability). Players need resting and players need getting match fitness , end of. 

Archived