IGNORED

So, 8%

Bristol Rob

I could not give less of a **** what the sexual orientation of our players (or indeed anyone else) and the fact that there are even 8% of the population that does is very sad

PS given that this was an entirely online survey, I would also suspect he % is higher than 8%. Stands to reason that incidents of such prejudices are higher in the older generation (no disrespect to any older gents on here who don't feel like that) and online surveys don't tend to reach them

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Of supporters would cease supporting their team if there was a gay player in the team.

So say the BBC anyway.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/37760114

Would someone having the confidence to express their sexuality impact your support of City?

Rubbish, the BBC are just a bunch of Poof's.

And the answer to your question as one of the older generation is No

Was genuinely disappointed when I heard this on the news earlier. Sad there are still attitudes like this anywhere in society. It matters not one jot what anybodies sexuality is when it comes to how they should be treated.

Anybody who thinks differently to that has no place in society, let alone in football, and shame on them for still holding those views. 

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Was genuinely disappointed when I heard this on the news earlier. Sad there are still attitudes like this anywhere in society. It matters not one jot what anybodies sexuality is when it comes to how they should be treated.

Anybody who thinks differently to that has no place in society, let alone in football, and shame on them for still holding those views. 

Quite agree, but when Brighton travel and are usually met with a chorus of 'does your boyfriend know you're here?'

Which a lot will put down to 'lolz-bantz' and 'it isn't the same as targeting an individual', it's of little surprise that no current players have yet to come out.

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Exactly my dear. Who cares that Flinty & Scotty are that way inclined ?

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Quite agree, but when Brighton travel and are usually met with a chorus of 'does your boyfriend know you're here?'

Which a lot will put down to 'lolz-bantz' and 'it isn't the same as targeting an individual', it's of little surprise that no current players have yet to come out.

I don't join in with those songs because they're not funny to me. Probably not the answer you wanted sorry :) 

2 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Amazed people actually care what players personal life off the football field.

There's 4 pages devoted to the poor mug unfortunate enough to get the job as MC somewhere on here, so continue being amazed. He's been abused like a ginger stepchild since Saturday.

I would still support City if the whole team were gay as long as they give their all for the badge...although I would prefer that badge to have the robin and bridge upon it and not have the erroneous 1897 date on it.

I would even go along with the team saying they preferred switching from red to a pink kit if they produced fantastic football week in week out. 

What one man does with his penis is none of my business as long as its nothing illegal. 

I would say the only ones that annoy me are the ones who have to tell you just how gay they are.

I have gay friends (male and female) who are annoyed by this sort of thing as well. It does tend to be gay males that act this way rather than lesbians.

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

A bit of harmless banter.  Is it any worse than calling the Welsh sheep shaggers ?

Smells a bit of a sample leading the story to me. I simply refuse to believe that any real, general sample which can reliably be extrapolated would yield 8 in 100 refusing to support a team. 8 in 100 village idiots, maybe. 

3 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I would say the only ones that annoy me are the ones who have to tell you just how gay they are.

I have gay friends (male and female) who are annoyed by this sort of thing as well. It does tend to be gay males that act this way rather than lesbians.

Sounds like they get right on your tits.

4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Smells a bit of a sample leading the story to me. I simply refuse to believe that any real, general sample which can reliably be extrapolated would yield 8 in 100 refusing to support a team. 8 in 100 village idiots, maybe. 

I can believe it. and to be honest if people feel that strongly against gay and lesbians that is their prerogative.  I have no problem with people disliking something as long as it does not lead to verbal and physical actions

And before anyone jumps on me for calling downsy a nob,that is purely the way he projects himself. I think he is a overbearing nob. may be nice in person. I don't hate him,he just annoys me :)

I don't think people would or could really care about something like this.  As long as they are in our team I will support them whatever.  It's what supporters do!  The only time that I have not liked someone at City was when Pulis was manager - I hated the way he played and hated the way he kept saying "triffic" and I was pleased when he left.  I did feel a bit guilty about harbouring such feelings!

Archived