IGNORED

So, 8%

Bristol Rob

5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I'm so glad I dislike Lamb when you put it that way

No wonder we drown it with mint Source.. a bit like toothpaste for taking the taste away

Edit just like bloody c o d g e r.  otib can't handle spelling s a u c e the correct way.  tomarse please please please change this behaviour

I don't understand what difference it would make, so that someone would stop supporting their team? I guess some of those asked may have had religious reasons…but it does seem rather harsh.

I don't care what their preference is, it has absolutely nothing to do with me or anyone else.

Completely wouldn't bother me one bit. Live and let live. 

What I don't get is the media's obsession with people having to 'share' their sexuality. I've never come out and told anyone I like boobies. I don't sit around telling my colleagues how straight I am. I just turn up at the Christmas party with my partner. No one says 'oh, you're straight!' and I'm fairly sure if I went round telling everyone I was straight I'd be considered a bit odd/forward for sharing that information.

Why do people need to tell people they're gay. Family, friends, of course, these things are hard to conceal ("Hi Mum, this is my girlfriend, Roger").

I find it impossible to believe that if we had a gate of 20k and one of our players came out then 1600 of those fans would refuse to come back. One or two bigots maybe but never that number.

It really shouldn't make a blind bit of difference and I can easily add my vote to those who wouldn't be bothered by it at all. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I find it impossible to believe that if we had a gate of 20k and one of our players came out then 1600 of those fans would refuse to come back. One or two bigots maybe but never that number.

It really shouldn't make a blind bit of difference and I can easily add my vote those who wouldn't be bothered by it at all. 

I doubt it. I am trying to think back to the old racist abuse. I'd imagine that statement would be the same for black players. I can't remember a drop off in support when we first started playing with black players.

I'm going to go slightly against the grain here but I'm presently surprised it's as low as 8%. We all know morons who have old fashioned ideas about various contentious subjects but as long as the rest of us can keep the conversation going and correcting these ill conceived thoughts we can bring more to the correct point of view a make this kind of survey irrelevant 

17 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

What I don't get is the media's obsession with people having to 'share' their sexuality. I've never come out and told anyone I like boobies. I don't sit around telling my colleagues how straight I am. I just turn up at the Christmas party with my partner. No one says 'oh, you're straight!' and I'm fairly sure if I went round telling everyone I was straight I'd be considered a bit odd/forward for sharing that information.

Why do people need to tell people they're gay. Family, friends, of course, these things are hard to conceal ("Hi Mum, this is my girlfriend, Roger").

As ever, it takes a strong person to be the first to make such an admission, especially on this type of forum, and I both admire and congratulate you.

Feeling strengthened by your revelation, I should like to say that I also like 'boobies'.  

37 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I would say the only ones that annoy me are the ones who have to tell you just how gay they are.

I can't explain how much I really don't care what any ones sexuality is ! 

But what does grind my gears are "professional" gays (Alan Carr,Graham Norton et al) who seem to make a virtue out of it !

No one,but no one group is better than an other !

22 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

As ever, it takes a strong person to be the first to make such an admission, especially on this type of forum, and I both admire and congratulate you.

Feeling strengthened by your revelation, I should like to say that I also like 'boobies'.  

Pervy.

I'm sure that over the years City has been in existence there have been numerous players who were gay. It's just that in the past it was impossible for them to come out, due to legal and social reasons. It didn't affect their footballing ability, and luckily attitudes have changed. 

It's moral standards that are important. There are plenty of straight players around who I wouldn't want to play for City because of their dubious behaviour.  

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Of supporters would cease supporting their team if there was a gay player in the team.

So say the BBC anyway.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/37760114

Would someone having the confidence to express their sexuality impact your support of City?

Where do they get these figures from...??

More interested in did the beeb spend money to reach this "conclusion" ???

My only concern is an individual giving 100% for the team..

56 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Isn't a 'Boobie a bird-a seabird a believe??...

47 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Gay straight who cares. TBH I would take much more offence if some of our players were tory voters

So  you're not prejudice against gays but you are against conservatives, 38% of the population st the last election.  Would this prejudice extend to boycotting the club if the team included Tory voters, which by the law of averages it almost certainly does.

That whole article is just weird. It was aimed at SPORTS fans...so why pick on football fans?

82% of Sports fans welcome it....yet 8% of football fans wouldn't.

So what happened to that other 10%...who were the 18% made up of?

Again...the media making a problem where there is none.

I don't know one single person who talks about this type of subject...it's just the media stirring imo.

It's the same as when the media go mental when a non white person is voted out of Strictly :laugh:

They use the Race card.

Personally it's not something I'd even think about.

What does piss me off though, is being told what you have to agree with in life. Everyone is different...everyone should have a choice, and shouldn't be punished for having a different view, whether it's popular or not.

If people choose not to support it...then it's their choice...they shouldn't be told what to believe.

The world is a truly mixed up place...people 'offended' all the time...being told minority's should be taken seriously.

Then you have 'professional Gay' comedians and Tv personalities mincing about and joking about their sexuality.

Fat comedians basing their acts around being fat.

Black comedians basing their acts around being black.

Minorities bringing attention to themselves...taking the piss one minute and wishing to be taken seriously the next.

It's ok for Gay comedians to mince around and be sexually provocative, yet some football fans having a bit of banter to Brighton is seen as wrong and offensive?

In football...if you are fat and round and bounce around the ground...then it's ok to get banter.

If you are Ginger or have a 'Freeman' haircut....then it's ok to get banter.

If you are from Wales...well you deserve it...haha ;-) Joke....

If you come out with Political views....like Paolo Di Canio...then you'll get stick.

That's just in this country...try all the different cultures across the world and how they view things differently.

Italy is in a time warp in it's view of women...it's TV is like watching Benny Hill on repeat.

The majority of the rest of the world are vastly more racist and homophobic than this country...we have very few problems compared to many.

Try being black or gay in the 'Eastern block' and further afield.

Then you have a massive culture abroad that think it's ok to have sex with children...it's excepted...especially in countries such as Syria and the middle east.

Is there going to come a day when this is 'accepted' across the globe.

Then masses of families having children they can't afford, and selling them into the sex trade, in countries like Thailand and China etc

I could go on...the World is a truly mixed up place. This country has very few issues from my experience of travelling the world.

Treat everyone as you see them...as human beings. Laugh at our differences and embrace them...laugh at yourself. Stop being 'offended'...the world would be a lot happier place if we laughed at ourselves and our differences....rather than taking offence and issue all the time. Spread love rather than hatred.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

What is interesting, is that 8% would 'stop supporting'.

I haven't seen what the other options were, but I assume those opposed weren't given the option;

'Turn up and be disruptive'

For example. 

Poor folk!  They'll end up going to IKEA with their wives while we watch the game and grab a beer.

Something to tell the Grandchildren ....

"I used to watch City every week nipper.  Then I found out one of the players was gay and I never went again."

"Grandad - you're a ****"

Here we go again, the great gay debate in football.

As a gay man I couldn't give a flying do dah if members of my team I support are gay, bi, transsexual, asexual, eunuch, or whatever. I also don't mind if the referee, the linesperson, the steward or the person who pours my tea is either. Or isn't. Or is undecided. Or maybe after a few pints might be as long as his girlfriend isn't looking.

So, if 8% of a fanbase walks away due to one or more players being gay, well, good riddance, I don't want to be sat next to such a shallow and misinformed individual. Let them go follow a macho, 100% straight, not homoerotic at all sport, like rugby, where no player would ever be gay (here's looking at you Gareth). As long as they keep on the right side of the law, respect my right to be who I want to be, just as I respect their right to be who they want to be, we'll all be grand  

By mere probability there will be gay men who have done, currently do, or will play for us a some point. Hopefully they will be fit as, (here's hoping Mr O'Donnell)

Archived