IGNORED

OTIB Forum and why is it so popular

Fiale

35 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Cheers @Septic Peg - screenshot from 2001 below. Hardly looks any different. We still talked shite, mind. 

IMG_0566.PNG

I still had a backup of it until a few years ago. It runs on cgi/perl with a flat text file database and sadly too much of a headache to keep online anymore. 

The first incarnation of that board started in July 1997 so we should do something for then.  

40 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I was looking at the classic thread forum yesterday and have noted that many of them are a few years old now, the lunacy seems to have abated a bit, as we seem to have lost the creation of those surreal threads that earn inclusion in the classic forum.  

Every threads a classic these days

9 minutes ago, DaveF said:

The alternative is the City Till I Die Facebook group sooooo....

To be fair they could say the same about here. I know certain individuals from that group have a real issue about this place. I'm still none the wiser myself and do not want the two places to be them or us type situation. There is a place on the net for both,

4 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

To be fair they could say the same about here. I know certain individuals from that group have a real issue about this place. I'm still none the wiser myself and do not want the two places to be them or us type situation. There is a place on the net for both,

I use both. Some interesting stuff is posted but a lot of it descends into children trolling people...

40 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I was looking at the classic thread forum yesterday and have noted that many of them are a few years old now, the lunacy seems to have abated a bit, as we seem to have lost the creation of those surreal threads that earn inclusion in the classic forum.  

we need another Giles and Kelly

13 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I still had a backup of it until a few years ago. It runs on cgi/perl with a flat text file database and sadly too much of a headache to keep online anymore. 

The first incarnation of that board started in July 1997 so we should do something for then.  

20th birthday party!

There are definitely a large number off strange people on the forum, but they are a better class of strange people compared to other sites. There is also a wide range of insults, ranging from the downright rude to the subtle and clever. We have the ITK ers who know they know and we know they know; those who know they know but we don't believe they know; those who think they know but don't know; those who know they don't know but want us to think they do. But, the one thing that makes the forum interesting is the title of another thread - "Threads going off topic". Just as a thread is about to die, there is an inspired post that sends it off somewhere obscure and gives it life again.To summarise, so long and thanks for all the fish. 

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

There are definitely a large number off strange people on the forum, but they are a better class of strange people compared to other sites. There is also a wide range of insults, ranging from the downright rude to the subtle and clever. We have the ITK ers who know they know and we know they know; those who know they know but we don't believe they know; those who think they know but don't know; those who know they don't know but want us to think they do. But, the one thing that makes the forum interesting is the title of another thread - "Threads going off topic". Just as a thread is about to die, there is an inspired post that sends it off somewhere obscure and gives it life again.To summarise, so long and thanks for all the fish. 

Just so you know, I'm not in the know, never have been in the know and don't pretend to be in the know. Now that you know that, does this mean that you are in the know, that you're not in the know or that you want to be in the know?

26 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

They`re my favourite bits. A thread about something like legroom in the Dolman will end up with people reminiscing about some random night match in Colchester fifteen years ago.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

It's because of the 8-10 regular posters who have controversial opinions but at the same time can be realistic and balanced in their views.

Diversity in other words.

You mean the Diversity boys post on here??? All of them?? Bloody love their dancing. And clear proof of the quality of this forum that they want to share their views on our great club while breakdancing and doing all that TV stuff.

My guess is that Ashley Banjo is @Mike Hunt-Hertz. Anybody know the user names of the rest of the band?

3 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

You mean the Diversity boys post on here??? All of them?? Bloody love their dancing. And clear proof of the quality of this forum that they want to share their views on our great club while breakdancing and doing all that TV stuff.

My guess is that Ashley Banjo is @Mike Hunt-Hertz. Anybody know the user names of the rest of the band?

That small one is that bloke who posts what I don't like.

Dunno what they are all called. 

4 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

I can get my legs *ahem* behind my ears.

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

We should have a name tagged forum meet at the end of the season. 

Get down the sports bar and grill and do a 'face to face' hello.

That would be fun.

Christ, you lot have surely seen my face enough! :D

Can I wear this jumper? Found it in me wardrobe the other day :w00t:

IMG_8759.JPG

5 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Is there one in Diversity that plays bowls and loves driving minibuses to London? 

57 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'll stop posting and get back to operating on the seriously ill child I started working on the moment I get my food vouchers.

God only knows how long that child has been sedated for now, but I'm sure they didn't have a beard when they were wheeled in to operating theatre 

He's aged a little but Nurse has taken a shine to him. 

IMG_2131.PNG

Archived