IGNORED

OTIB Forum and why is it so popular

Fiale

Over 500 people currently lurking, lot's of threads and participation - OTIB must be one of the most used English football forum. Whenever I check other forums for match gossip etc I am surprised out how empty / sparse they are - so what is OTIB's secret ? Is it the calibre of poster :yes: ? Or has Tomarse been fiddling the figures :whistle:

13 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Over 500 people currently lurking, lot's of threads and participation - OTIB must be one of the most used English football forum. Whenever I check other forums for match gossip etc I am surprised out how empty / sparse they are - so what is OTIB's secret ? Is it the calibre of poster :yes: ? Or has Tomarse been fiddling the figures :whistle:

And 50,000 Gas fans locked out...

@Tomarse and all the other admin/mods have built a decent forum that has been going for years. I would expect it's one of the oldest football club forums in the UK. Originally ran by the club, it's now ran by supporters with club officials using it too and this is the key. 

Ran by the supporters but still accessible for the club. 

I love OTIB. When I need 5 minutes of distraction, OTIB provides.

What would we do without OTIB. Back in the day I was a regular on BristolCityNet (I think this was @Olé 's work) on the old Rivals network. Certainly know of quite a few posters on here that TUPE'd over when that wound down. 

I think the success is due to the fact it is, in the most part, it's own little community or ecosystem- there's serious debate, nonsense, banter, suggestions and useful feedback provided to the club in varying measures. The fact that @Mkelly, @AdamB, @JulieH etc visit regularly tells its own story. It's also as welcoming to genuine rivals as well as newbies. A very nice place to be. Now excuse me whilst I search for a plate for my chips. . . 

Hurrah for OTIB. 

5 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

What would we do without OTIB. Back in the day I was a regular on BristolCityNet (I think this was @Olé 's work) on the old Rivals network. Certainly know of quite a few posters on here that TUPE'd over when that wound down. 

I think the success is due to the fact it is, in the most part, it's own little community or ecosystem- there's serious debate, nonsense, banter, suggestions and useful feedback provided to the club in varying measures. The fact that @Mkelly, @AdamB, @JulieH etc visit regularly tells its own story. It's also as welcoming to genuine rivals as well as newbies. A very nice place to be. Now excuse me whilst I search for a plate for my chips. . . 

Hurrah for OTIB. 

For the love of Basso will you stop being so nice, insult someone or ask where your food vouchers are please! :P 

Coincidentally I've just been on archive.org looking at 'old otib'. 

Can go back as far as 2000 and although I can't read posts I could see certain characters whom have stood the test of time such as @leadman and @Bat Fastard. Gluttons for punishment obviously... ;)

I had a small chuckle at the old web address too... http://forum.bcfc.co.uk (which doesn't redirect to here or even work...) and thinking how often I typed that in to IE back in the day...

9 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Coincidentally I've just been on archive.org looking at 'old otib'. 

Can go back as far as 2000 and although I can't read posts I could see certain characters whom have stood the test of time such as @leadman and @Bat Fastard. Gluttons for punishment obviously... ;)

I had a small chuckle at the old web address too... http://forum.bcfc.co.uk (which doesn't redirect to here or even work...) and thinking how often I typed that in to IE back in the day...

My joke thread celebrates 10 years in March

51 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

@Tomarse and all the other admin/mods have built a decent forum that has been going for years. I would expect it's one of the oldest football club forums in the UK. Originally ran by the club, it's now ran by supporters with club officials using it too and this is the key. 

Ran by the supporters but still accessible for the club. 

I love OTIB. When I need 5 minutes of distraction, OTIB provides.

Ahhhh. I see things differently. 

When I need 5 minutes distraction from OTIB, life provides. 

Archived