IGNORED

OTIB Forum and why is it so popular

Fiale

You're all forgetting the fact that the Avon Gorge Hotel has seen business increase fourfold during transfer windows due to the advertising of Curbs having a beer in the garden on here.

We really ought to have a word with them about all this free advertising. Surely they'd be good for a few free rounds.

3 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

You're all forgetting the fact that the Avon Gorge Hotel has seen business increase fourfold during transfer windows due to the advertising of Curbs having a beer in the garden on here.

We really ought to have a word with them about all this free advertising. Surely they'd be good for a few free rounds.

And the sky high property prices in Clifton. Coincidence? I don't think so....

31 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Mad to think the CL managed to sponsor many a boxing day game. What's the cost now, over £3.5k I think.

It's a shame the CL has pretty much died now, I think only 2 emails in the past 12 months.  It's still good to look through the files on there - you can still see the sponsorship photos and the like from 2002. Was it really 15 years ago, yikes.  I remember during the pulis fall out, the board 4 v 3 split one month it topped 3'500 emails. Crazy.

I still shake my head at how Rivals ended up. It was an absolutely superb idea. I don't think there has been anything as sucessful for having a cross platform/single sign website for all 92 clubs.  606 was perhaps closest thing and the BBC went and killed that off too.

I liked 606. Pity that the Beeb pulled the plug.

53 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Shame that thread didn't go off topic or take a puntastic diversion. That would have thrown the Plymouth fans completely. 

9 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

First time I scanned over this I thought you said it 'beats spanking the wife'

Imagine if you'd read a different vowel in the second word :shocking:

During my teen years this place (in one of its former guises) really was a sanctuary for me. I went through some incredibly tough times privately but the consistency and entertainment OTIB provided was so often my escape. 

Now, as someone living and working away from Bristol, I find browsing equally cathartic.

Great credit, as always, to Tom and everyone else that keeps this place going and keeps giving me a place I can escape to when I need it.

7 hours ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

During my teen years this place (in one of its former guises) really was a sanctuary for me. I went through some incredibly tough times privately but the consistency and entertainment OTIB provided was so often my escape. 

Now, as someone living and working away from Bristol, I find browsing equally cathartic.

Great credit, as always, to Tom and everyone else that keeps this place going and keeps giving me a place I can escape to when I need it.

Great to hear it had such a positive affect, I've never really thought of it as a sanctuary but it's fantastic to know it helped you in some way. Hope life away from Bristol is treating you well. 

8 hours ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

Are you Ellis Genge?

I think I saw something posted  earlier that reflects my own thoughts.

As an exile, this forum is a godsend for keeping me up to date with what's going closer to home with news about the team and players, so thanks to all you ITKs, those that think they're ITKs and even those who know FA, for all you post. 

It was fantastic being able to come on the forum and see the progress with the stadium development, so thanks for all those posters who uploaded their own photos that helped me share in the excitement of seeing the new Ashton Gate unfold.

Any number of times I have gone on to other club's forums when there has been a link posted on here. Other than the fact that quite a few of then of them seem pretty desolate places, I am also struck by how often they are particularly hostile places - we think there is some hostility on here but that pales into insignificance when compared to a few others. I especially remember the Palace forum being somewhere I would want to avoid on a dark night!

Overall however, as so many others have said, what makes this forum is all of the posters. There is a real mix of proper, serious debate, some healthy banter and not a little humour. While there are a few wind up merchants, and occasional antagonism it rarely goes beyond acceptable levels. There are some real  off the wall characters and especially when things aren't going so well ( like now) it breaks the tension to be able to chuckle as some of the daft/stupid comments and occasional random threads.

The people running the forum should also take a lot of credit, because the layout is very user friendly and better than any of the other clubs' sites I've seen.

I think all of this means we all want to contribute so that everyone gets the most out of OTIB and long may it continue.

12 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Pretty sure that's the second time the Plymouth Herald have quoted me. If you're reading, I'm available to work full time:thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I was once quoted in an article in the Post. It made me laugh that they so innocently and unknowingly printed my username to its readership!

That made me laugh like an evil cartoon villian whilst sat in Asda car park on my break. 

Brilliant :P:clap:

34 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Blimey @Taz you know how to live! Asda car park! Have your your pyjamas on?

It's better than staying at school waiting for a call to say someone's thrown up....

Also, no I never had my pyjamas on, I don't shop at Tesco!!! Besides, I don't wear pyjamas, and had a caution the last time that happened....

:ph34r:

Archived