IGNORED

How many Johnson supporters left?

Alan Dicks

1 minute ago, bristolborn_and_red said:

Put Johnson on gardening leave and put Pemberton in charge of the 1st team. Remember it was Pemberton who turned it around a year ago.

Something that he didn't get credit for.  Pemberton saved us last season - not Johnson.  Our downturn has come since Johnson ideas have been imposed on the team.

Really wanted to say told you so and for LJ to succeed. 

Tried to be blind to the naivety his displayed.

Kept the faith whilst many began to call for him to be sacked. 

The substitution of Djuric for me was the epitome of his tactical ineptitude. He won everything in the air, kept the ball and linked well with Tammy. 

We lost the initiative at that point and the rest is now history. 

He has to go, if he has any pride or decency he would resign immediately. 

SL won't sack him as he's in too deep. 

Ashton should step up, grow a pair and act as the Chief Operating Officer by sitting SL down and dismissing Lee. 

At this moment, I would prefer to see, if possible, an experienced, successful, more mature manager coming in to 'support' him. This would hopefully halt this increasingly worrying slide, give LJ a chance to get his mojo back, not have the situation of a brand new manager coming in, wanting to bring his own people in and his type of players thus creating the deadwood as often witnessed in the past. It would also hopefully prove to the board whether LJ is/can be the real deal or he's not. If not, then get rid.

Who this older, experienced manger I allude to is, I don't know? Would anyone really good who can guarantee a reversal of our fortunes want to come here, maybe not? Taking everything into consideration, I'm glad I'm not the one having to make the decision.

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

I thought you might, I really don't know why you can still want him here, it is obvious he has not got it within him to save us from relegation. Facts we have lost 10 out of 11, that is off the radar as far as trying to cobble a case to support him. Of course we might win the next five, but that is a gamble I don't want to take with this coach, we need to fire him and get some new blood in, sad, because I like Lee.

That's twice now you've called me out personally in threads recently which is a bit strange.

Aside from that, obviously there are big issues and I've got many concerns. I think we over-invested in certain positions this summer which has left us without a plan B for most of the season. I think the board have a very hard decision to make but I'd give him a bit more time. I would be concerned how we've let him spend close to £2m this window alone if we thought there was a strong chance of sacking him. We've got form for this though sacking McInnes and Cotterill around the same time so I wouldn't be surprised. - I think personally he should be given until the end of the month.

I know I'll get hammered for this but it's just my opinion. I'll happily admit that I like Lee and really want him to succeed so perhaps my desire to see him do well clouds my complete rational judgement on it. I hate how a section of our fans are so quick to make it personal with him, calling him a 'dwarf' and the like. It's nasty. I hate how he's criticised for literally anything including his ability as a player. There's plenty to criticise about his management, but I wish people would keep it relevant and try and avoid making it personal.

4 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Nobody wants us to fail. The only people who come out with that crap are the people who don't want to be proved wrong.  It's their response mechanism to any criticism: "LJ hater", "you want us to fail" - when in all reality we want the club to succeed so badly that we are not prepared to put up with complete ineptitude.  

Agree but you're first post IMO was over the top . Being proved right or wrong is not important. I backed Johnson but I don't mind being wrong. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's twice now you've called me out personally in threads recently which is a bit strange.

Aside from that, obviously there are big issues and I've got many concerns. I think we over-invested in certain positions this summer which has left us without a plan B for most of the season. I think the board have a very hard decision to make but I'd give him a bit more time. I would be concerned how we've let him spend close to £2m this window alone if we thought there was a strong chance of sacking him. We've got form for this though sacking McInnes and Cotterill around the same time so I wouldn't be surprised. - I think personally he should be given until the end of the month.

I know I'll get hammered for this but it's just my opinion. I'll happily admit that I like Lee and really want him to succeed so perhaps my desire to see him do well clouds my complete rational judgement on it. I hate how a section of our fans are so quick to make it personal with him, calling him a 'dwarf' and the like. It's nasty. I hate how he's criticised for literally anything including his ability as a player. There's plenty to criticise about his management, but I wish people would keep it relevant and try and avoid making it personal.

'Called you out'? Odd comment, but yes abuse is not needed, but the facts speak for themselves, you are last man standing, well perhaps with the Major too, but many are not happy with staring into the Abyss after every match, this is nailed on relegation form..Act now before it is too late.  

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't share your stand point on giving LJ more time. But you're wholly right on the rest of your post. 

3 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Japp Stam is a relative novice but do you think he would allow for a defence so disorganised. 

I dont think the players probably respect johnson enough, they certainly aint scared of him, i mean i wouldnt be

Stam played at the highest level and won the Champs League. Johnson was a crap player for us, only played cos of his dad and is only in this job because of the boards love in with that family. 

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Really well said. I sadly feel LJ has to go after today but you've expressed your point extremely well.

32 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Im of the opinion that we need consistency. Sacking managers every year and getting one in to stave off relegation is eventually goimg to see us relegated just like the last time we were relegated. We need to give a manager a good few years in charge. 

Maybe

Just not this one IMO

We want one who can demonstrate his skills in on pitch performance through selections, coaching and tactics rather than talking b******  - Sorry but for me any media training is about the only thing I can see right now

He might be bluffing some fans but I'm sue as hell hes not convincing the players

The players aren't much better - whatever the 11 , whatever the formation they should be sweating blood , but they aren't ( or some / quite a few aren't )

I'd be fine with us keeping him on of there  was any sign of him turning it around but there isn't. Bad decisions one after another despite what in my  opinion looked like some of the best business we've done in the transfer market in a long time. 

The thing that's really sent me against him is signing a defensive midfielder who "can play as a center back" and then playing him as a center back rather than even letting him play in his natural position. 

I also don't get why we've not brought in another right back if  Matthews is injured because Little just doesn't cut it at this level and today was a shining example of this.  He shouldn't be starting and as far as our full backs go, I think we're massively weak there which may explain why we have used 3 at the back. If Johnson had no faith in our full backs with 4 at the back then surely we should be looking to strengthen those positions rather than changing formation and putting players out of position week in, week out. 

11 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Really well said. I sadly feel LJ has to go after today but you've expressed your point extremely well.

I'm obviously sailing against the wind and am quite prepared for people to hammer me or ridicule my point of view or whatever. It's only OTIB and it's just my opinion on a football manager which is totally unimportant in the scheme of things. 

I don't mind being wrong either if it turns out he's not the manager I thought he is and will become.. There seems to be an opinion that anyone pro-LJ is that just because they don't want to be 'wrong'. I'm no football expert, I'm just a fan like everyone else.. but a fan who really wants LJ to succeed as our manager - even now.

For me, if he's not going just yet, he's got to turn it round by the end of this month. One big plus is that it seems all three first team signings we've made in January look very strong. That is a positive obviously now as it makes us a stronger team, but also in any post-LJ future as it shows Taylor, Ashton etc have our recruitment in a good place. 

Archived