IGNORED

How many Johnson supporters left?

Alan Dicks

Just now, RED4LIFE said:

Absolutely not. Would rather we stick with LJ. 

If he does go though, the point i was trying to make is who is available that would be a better option? I honestly cant think of anyone obvious.

Been a few names suggested which might be ok but I've said a few times tonight , I think the removal of LJ would have a positive effect before we have to worry about a suitable replacement , and we need an upturn NOW

A disenchanted (In part at the very least) Squad is evidence enough for me

6 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

Uwe Rosler? I think he'd do a cracking job.

He's as good a candidate as any but looking through his managerial career, he's never really achieved anything of note.

Apart from Dave Whelen saying he's Premier standard, there's nothing to suggest he would improve us. Would be more than happy to be proved wrong though. 

20 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

He's as good a candidate as any but looking through his managerial career, he's never really achieved anything of note.

Apart from Dave Whelen saying he's Premier standard, there's nothing to suggest he would improve us. Would be more than happy to be proved wrong though. 

Likewise, LJ has done nothing of note. Certainly nothing to justify some of the circle jerking that went on.

23 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Likewise, LJ has done nothing of note. Certainly nothing to justify some of the circle jerking that went on.

Agreed. The only thing you can credit him for is building the Barnsley side that have done pretty well. Admittedly, I don't know how many of their current team he signed and he oversaw a long run of defeats before he turned it around but they have been competing on a limited budget.

1 minute ago, RED4LIFE said:

Agreed. The only thing you can credit him for is building the Barnsley side that have done pretty well. Admittedly, I don't know how many of their current team he signed and he oversaw a long run of defeats before he turned it around but they have been competing on a limited budget.

I kept an eye on how Lee was doing when at Oldham and he did a pretty good job on a very low budget, to be fair. The move to Barnsley was deserved and he built a good squad and did manage to turn it around there in the end. However, there were always going to be question marks over whether he was experienced enough for the role here. But nobody was complaining when he did a good job here in the second half of last season and started this one off well. I do think the sell of Kodjia was a landmark moment and a bit like with SC, where the failure to back him in that summer window was his downfall, that may prove to be the case with Lee. The pressure quickly stacks up. I mean, he hasn't helped himself at times, but that's all part of the pressure.

I still hope he can turn it around. It is a shame.

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Surely there aren't that many?

I think of them as more like Captain Scott's doomed band of men.

I hate it when our fan Base is divided. We need to gain that siege mentality. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Been a few names suggested which might be ok but I've said a few times tonight , I think the removal of LJ would have a positive effect before we have to worry about a suitable replacement , and we need an upturn NOW

A disenchanted (In part at the very least) Squad is evidence enough for me

This is exactly the kind of the knee jerk reactions I referred to earlier. Your seriously suggesting we sack him in the hope that it gives us an upturn in fortunes? 

We should all consider ourselves Lee Johnson supporters - just not necessarily Lee Johnson fans.

I really liked the appointment and really wanted him to do well. I still do, in fact.

But, and I hate saying this, I'm just not sure anymore. Weirdly, I'm more concerned about the identity of his teams than I am the results. I haven't looked at the way we play and thought 'that's a Lee Johnson team'.

After a year in the job, that's becoming a bigger and bigger worry for me, regardless of the losses. If I could see what he was trying to mould us into I could look past the bad form (to an extent), but...

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Tbh I think they are pretty spot on with their assessment.

How long can you (not you but the proverbial you) churn out the excuse that we're nearly there? We only lost by one goal again. We dominated for 70 mins. Blah blah blah.

We are sh*te. We have now lost seven games on the trot. It doesn't matter how many by. We have lost them. Nul points in 21. Zilch. And we're not dominating games, we're having more possession. Not the same thing. We had a lot of possession against Brighton, but were sh*te with it. Pedestrian. No ideas. 

We will not qualify for the Europa League in five seasons with this management, we will be playing League One football in a half-empty stadium. And probably losing by one goal.

Archived