IGNORED

How many Johnson supporters left?

Alan Dicks

17 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

So that obviously means every team who wins automatically plays well and every team who loses automatically play badly?

No but 10 defeats in 11 and a record run of defeats suggests that there is something seriously wrong !!!

Blimey talk about straw clutching :blink:

I have been a supporter of him, and think he's probably got some good ideas and plans for the long by term.

But the best laid plans of mice and men... you know the rest.

We need results.  We need points. We cannot afford to get dragged deep into another relegation scrap, and after Forest play today, it is likely that next weekend will be a key game in either avoiding or getting sucked into that.

If the changes we have made to the structure of the club have been carried out correctly, no head coach should be bullet proof or irreplaceable, and their role should focus on making sure the team we put out is competitive and capable of getting points/wins each game, not just on the long term.

I'm not one to throw out the whole new way of doing things, but we now need someone in who can get this squad (which I think is pretty decent for this level) fighting for every point.

I don't think LJ can't do this, so has to go.

I've been on the fence for a while and really wanted it to work. But that's enough now. These 3 home games were vital and I've seen nothing to suggest he'll turn it around. 

We've had a run in easy looking fixtures by championship standards and we've lost the lot. All you have to do is put us under a bit if pressure in the last 15 minutes and we fold like a pack of cards. He has no idea what his best team is. 

He has to go. 

I've wanted LJ to succeed but nobody could blame Lansdown if he's sacked now with us losing 10 out of the last 11, it must be one of the worst set of results in the club's history. The only other time I can remember similar circumstance was when Gary J took over and we lost 9 on the bounce but at least he had the excuse of just taking over a struggling team. We're now only 2 points ahead of Burton where Nigel Clough has had to build a side without having any money to spend. Any decent experienced manager could get us out of trouble with the squad we've got. 

3 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

IT's a very complicated one. SL is in deep with LJ, three players signed this window with another coming in on loan imminently. Bringing someone else in might not change anything when the players are mentally weak.. 

Remember how Pembo turned things around quickly last season just by getting more organisation in the defence, maybe he should be given a longer run of games this time if LJ goes.

Too depressing for words really. Not sure what to make of any of it.

Do not get to that many games. Did get to Birmingham and Reading away, and although we lost both, could not conceive  we would be in this position now. Played some decent stuff in both, on another day would have got something, but looked a team comfortable in this league, and set for mid table.

Got to Reading at home, and listened today. Crap happens in football, but against Reading we just stopped playing. An unsettled team, that looked like they had never played together, which of course was true. Have to believe these players are capable of more, but management is about more than having decent players, it is at least as much about team building. LJ seems to be failing at this with nobs on. I look at teams like Burton and Preston who are getting the maximum out of what they have. It is not so much we are losing, as confidence is shot, and I just cannot see what we are even trying to do.

It is all very well like versitile players, but that is different that understanding each players primary role. Players look like they are scared to take any risks and are wondering what their role is on any given day. 

Pains me to say it, as I want any manager to suceed here, but we need a change, and right now that has to be the manager.

Moved in to the 'out' camp, with a lot of sadness.

58 minutes ago, Selred said:

3 mistakes. That what today was.

Were the better team for 75 minutes. Okay the subs were awful but I feel the starting line up was tactically better than Cardiff. 

New keeper needed and right back. Both weren't Johnson signings.

And yet Johnson has signed 2 keepers and 2 right backs, but does not consider them better that Fielding or Little.

Oh and sold Ayling for peanuts. :clapping:

So, so disappointed. I have been a supporter of LJ, believing I had seen things in him that have not been realised. I believed he saw the hole in the midfield and signed Helegar to plug it, but instead plays pack who is bench quality at most. When I saw Magners on the bench, I had hoped he would be brought on at half time or so if only fit for half a game, allowing Helegar to move into midfield, but no. At the start of the season I saw intelligent substitutions that changed games, but today rocked my view. We needed subs not to change the game, but to maintain our control. Game management. Lock it down. When Brownhill backheeled in the box, he should have come off. I understand O’dowda and Brownhill to start for their energy to get us ahead, but we needed to become solid and hold our lead, especially with our porcelain chin and cardiff’s poor attacking ability. We needed to take a page out of their book and control the game, that is what possession football is for after all. I have understood bringing wilbs on when playing tammy alone up front, but what could wilbs bring that Djuric couldn’t do? Poor subs cost us, just as it did at reading. Disappointing.

3-5-2 aswell, why? I understand the need for width, but if you are not going to play tomlin then a flat 442 would have been better. O'dowda on the wing, etc,etc. Especially as flint and wright could have been the two centre backs - Helegar was not needed here due to injury etc. Could and should have at least reverted to this at 2-1 to shut the game down. Press, control, keep possession and piss of Warnock. Poor game management. Players deserve blame, but so does LJ for this.

1 hour ago, MarkRed! said:

And playing Odowda in the 10 role....Clueless. Cardiff were poor and were there for the taking... to concede 3... unacceptable. We need a midfield general and the one we brought is playing at the back.... surely those above must see we are regressing.... This is not a slump but a rot.... If he loves the club he should resign.....

Tomlin would play 10 if he could put a shift in. Got to be honest though, I've been right behind LJ and want him to succeed but i'm struggling to find excuses at the moment. Hegeler is crying out to be played in midfield, can't belivehe played him at the back again, totally wasted back there. 

7 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

So, so disappointed. I have been a supporter of LJ, believing I had seen things in him that have not been realised. I believed he saw the hole in the midfield and signed Helegar to plug it, but instead plays pack who is bench quality at most. When I saw Magners on the bench, I had hoped he would be brought on at half time or so if only fit for half a game, allowing Helegar to move into midfield, but no. At the start of the season I saw intelligent substitutions that changed games, but today rocked my view. We needed subs not to change the game, but to maintain our control. Game management. Lock it down. When Brownhill backheeled in the box, he should have come off. I understand O’dowda and Brownhill to start for their energy to get us ahead, but we needed to become solid and hold our lead, especially with our porcelain chin and cardiff’s poor attacking ability. We needed to take a page out of their book and control the game, that is what possession football is for after all. I have understood bringing wilbs on when playing tammy alone up front, but what could wilbs bring that Djuric couldn’t do? Poor subs cost us, just as it did at reading. Disappointing.

3-5-2 aswell, why? I understand the need for width, but if you are not going to play tomlin then a flat 442 would have been better. O'dowda on the wing, etc,etc. Especially as flint and wright could have been the two centre backs - Helegar was not needed here due to injury etc. Could and should have at least reverted to this at 2-1 to shut the game down. Press, control, keep possession and piss of Warnock. Poor game management. Players deserve blame, but so does LJ for this.

Absolutely spot on

11 minutes ago, Selred said:

Who? 

Lucic for the future.

Matthews on loan.

Who else?

This "for the future" crap makes me laugh, when in the here and now we are staring at relegation with a manager who I said from day one would not have what it takes.

Johnson signed O'Donnell.

Matthews is on loan? On loan here, signed by Johnson, but not as good as the average (for this division) RB we already had. And sold a decent RB.

The management is pitiful.

Just got back from the Gate and I have to say yet again we gift our game away. Never wanted Johnson here but he is setting new records at the club for all the wrong reasons. Perhaps him and his old man have a deal to be first dad and son to both be relegated same season. Say what you like about Colin....but he beat us yet again. What really decent manager would want to come here though. I have had a lifetime of this at AG even going back to Harry Dolmans time but SL must take some of the blame as well as his record of managers down there. The murmurings amongst the fans leaving Ashton Gate were certainly not in Johnsons favour and if we keep him there much longer I fear a local derby next year. So for what it is worth I think SL for the good of the club cannot wait any longer and must get rid of Johnson , get Pembo back to where Johnson came in and SPEND money on manager with some form of track record, if that is possible.

52 minutes ago, NickJ said:

This "for the future" crap makes me laugh, when in the here and now we are staring at relegation with a manager who I said from day one would not have what it takes.

Matthews is on loan? On loan here, signed by Johnson, but not as good as the average (for this division) RB we already had. And sold a decent RB.

We need a mixture of players for now and for the future.

How can you complain against ODonnell and Matthews, they were brilliant on loan (and both weren't Johnsons loans).

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Given up on him now - obviously lost some of the players and can't seem to see obvious things like Hegeler would excel in centre midfield.

Out if his depth unfortunately 

That's deeply unfair. Our last home League game saw Matthews playing LCB. Talk about short memories. When you have to plug a gap and all that. 

If Magnusson is fully fit I bet you we don't see Hegeler anywhere but CM. 

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

If anyone could've predicted Matthews being a sick note unprofessional d*** based on last year, and could've predicted ROD's astonishing loss of form I'll give them £2 to fill in my lottery ticket tonight. 

What worries me is the probability that Steve Lansdown still has faith in Johnson. I'm afraid that he will leave it too late to give him the sack. I've only had time to skim through the thread, but it seems as though most fans want him gone 

1 hour ago, Bobfish said:

Agree with this. I'm sure a lot of our current problems are down to confidence - and I'm starting to think that also applies to LJ. It's almost like he's lost the confidence to make those early substitutions that he was making earlier in the season. I also feel he's got no confidence in his back 4/5 and that's why he's insistent on playing with two deep midfielders ever game - something that hugely limits our options in midfield - and one reason why (specially with Tomlin at 10) we're so slow to get forward. The only thing I'd disagree with is that I felt Djuric had run himself into the ground and that was probably why that one.

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

What worries me is the probability that Steve Lansdown still has faith in Johnson. I'm afraid that he will leave it too late to give him the sack. I've only had time to skim through the thread, but it seems as though most fans want him gone 

It needn't worry you. SL has never been shy about throwing the bullet. Look at all his 'mates' he's sacked in Tinnion, GJ, Millen, successful in recent history - SC; successful at keeping us up in last campaign -DMc. 

Not sure where all the SL jibes come from. One thing he cannot be accused of is reluctant to pull the trigger. Everyone gets their chance but he will execute. I can't think of one manager -except perhaps this one - where you could say he let them on too long. So to talk as if he has history is disingenuous.  

As for the contract extension, I bet SL doesn't give a shite about the extra one year compo. It's less than he paid for Hegeler and much less than he'll get for Freeman. He was clearly giving a message to the changing room and for our January business in that. If it costs him an extra £X k I'm sure he'll stomach it without losing any sleep. He's plugged our losses year on year on year on year on year and just bought a new stadium: and people focus on an extra years comp for LJ....

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

But we are. We are not getting hammered every week and we are scoring goals. 

Sorry mate but if you think that we're playing well god knows it will be like when it's bad.The football over this turgid run has been getting worse by the week and at the moment see no signs of it ending.Admittedly we are not getting hammered but we are consistantly losing and if we carry on like this we WILL be going down.....

Archived