IGNORED

How many Johnson supporters left?

Alan Dicks

Of course given our recent form and results it is reasonable to question if the current manager has the necessary skills and experience.

The Club want a manager prepared to follow and implement the agreed long-term strategy I doubt if any of the so called 'proven managers at this level' that usually get suggested would sign up to this. 

Therefore, as disappointed as I am with the current situation, I think LJ will continue as our manager and be given time to turn things around. 

3 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

Nobody wants us to fail. The only people who come out with that crap are the people who don't want to be proved wrong.  It's their response mechanism to any criticism: "LJ hater", "you want us to fail" - when in all reality we want the club to succeed so badly that we are not prepared to put up with complete ineptitude.  

Abso-fooking-lutely! I've never met a City fan who wants us to fail, just to prove a point!

12 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Of course given our recent form and results it is reasonable to question if the current manager has the necessary skills and experience.

The Club want a manager prepared to follow and implement the agreed long-term strategy I doubt if any of the so called 'proven managers at this level' that usually get suggested would sign up to this. 

Therefore, as disappointed as I am with the current situation, I think LJ will continue as our manager and be given time to turn things around. 

We are ******!!!!

18 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Just responded on another threat a similar post from you Jerseybean...I'm really not stalking you! But I think you get to the heart of the matter....

Whilst these three sentences seem reasonable enough they pose a massive question...namely, what if the current manager doesn't have the necessary skills? If he doesn't then he's not going to be in a position to implement the long-term strategy, even if he's happy to follow it...and no matter how much time he's given he's never going to turn things around.

Personally, having spent the past year travelling the length of the country watching his sides, I doubt LJ has got it...

51 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Just responded on another threat a similar post from you Jerseybean...I'm really not stalking you! But I think you get to the heart of the matter....

Whilst these three sentences seem reasonable enough they pose a massive question...namely, what if the current manager doesn't have the necessary skills? If he doesn't then he's not going to be in a position to implement the long-term strategy, even if he's happy to follow it...and no matter how much time he's given he's never going to turn things around.

Personally, having spent the past year travelling the length of the country watching his sides, I doubt LJ has got it...

I think on balance the Board will stick with him for now then only time will tell if that transpires to be the correct decision. I fully respect your informed view RE and it may we'll be that he's not going to be capable enough to do the business.

3 hours ago, Selred said:

We need a mixture of players for now and for the future.

How can you complain against ODonnell and Matthews, they were brilliant on loan (and both weren't Johnsons loans).

3 hours ago, 29AR said:

If anyone could've predicted Matthews being a sick note unprofessional d*** based on last year, and could've predicted ROD's astonishing loss of form I'll give them £2 to fill in my lottery ticket tonight. 

O'Donnell was here on loan when Johnson arrived, and a month after Johnson arrived he signed O'Donnell on a permanent contract.

Johnson signed Matthews on loan for this season. Having sold Ayling for peanuts.

I believe it was all based on the DNA.

I would give him a bit longer, why? -

1. He has only been here one year, despite it now being the trend to get rid of managers after a few months successful ones e.g Ferguson often need more time to build a side that will get success.

2. His record over the 12 months in charge is not relegation form, in fact it is middle of the table form.

3. The new signings all add something to the squad and will help us climb the table.

4. Only one team has beaten us by more than one goal, evidence we are not the dire team some make out and we are close to getting our start of the season form back.

5. We were better than Cardiff and deserved a point at the very least out of the game.

on the flip side I am not blind and recognise mistakes have been made, O Dowda should have been hooked at half time and O Neill should have been introduced for Brownhill to see the game out. Johnson must figure out a team that is going to stop shipping goals (even if it ain't too pretty) and start getting some points on the board.

4 minutes ago, NickJ said:

O'Donnell was here on loan when Johnson arrived, and a month after Johnson arrived he signed O'Donnell on a permanent contract.

Johnson signed Matthews on loan for this season. Having sold Ayling for peanuts.

I believe it was all based on the DNA.

You should get over Ayling. He wanted first team football and it appeared in August he wouldn't get it here. Really was quite simple. Like you I was a SC fan and in that camp but it's no different from him letting GC go; not at all. 

And your response countered nothing.

Again, both O Donnell and Matthews based upon last season's form were good signings. O Donnell signing also freed up a loan spot last year so we shouldn't ignore how that played a part in that deal. Oh and he was for free!!! 

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

I think on balance the Board will stick with him for now then only time will tell if that transpires to be the correct decision. I fully respect your informed view RE and it may we'll be that he's not going to be capable enough to do the business.

If we have doubts in LJ doing the business, then why are we hanging onto him? It's in the best interest of the club to play at the highest level we can afford. The club has shelled out good money, some of it our/ your money. Why should not a well paid manager who is paid for performance not take accountability?

That is how businesses do well, ie recognize and reward for performance and get rid of the non-performers. 

25 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

1. He has only been here one year, despite it now being the trend to get rid of managers after a few months successful ones e.g Ferguson often need more time to build a side that will get success.

Football is ruthless now - no manager will ever get a Ferguson / Wenger type reign now

2. His record over the 12 months in charge is not relegation form, in fact it is middle of the table form.

Looks pretty irrelevant at this moment , it's the way the 'graph' is heading is what's entirely relevant. You could say our form in the last games would see us relegated by January if it commenced in August

3. The new signings all add something to the squad and will help us climb the table.

Do add something and possibly may help , they Aren't  magic wands and are unlikely to completely hide other poor selections or tactics

4. Only one team has beaten us by more than one goal, evidence we are not the dire team some make out and we are close to getting our start of the season form back.

Boring now - one goal because we ship goal after goal late in game (often a relegation trait) to allow sides to pinch wins , or sides in front have let us have the ball content and comfortable with a one goal lead

A confused & partly at best, disgruntled Squad IMHO with players confused by selections and tactics and shot of confidence 

Think you may need to IMHO 'start to smell the coffee' -  but it's all opinions of course !!!!

5. We were better than Cardiff and deserved a point at the very least out of the game.

on the flip side I am not blind and recognise mistakes have been made, O Dowda should have been hooked at half time and O Neill should have been introduced for Brownhill to see the game out. Johnson must figure out a team that is going to stop shipping goals (even if it ain't too pretty) and start getting some points on the board.

33 minutes ago, 29AR said:

You should get over Ayling. He wanted first team football and it appeared in August he wouldn't get it here. Really was quite simple. Like you I was a SC fan and in that camp but it's no different from him letting GC go; not at all. 

And your response countered nothing.

Again, both O Donnell and Matthews based upon last season's form were good signings. O Donnell signing also freed up a loan spot last year so we shouldn't ignore that played a part in that deal. Oh and he was for free!!!

The point remains that according to LJ and MA the building of our squad is all about identifying the right DNA.

Well, clearly that is bullshit otherwise, with 12 of today's 17 man squad being LJ/MA signings, we would not be in this position.

As a SC fan I think that from the summer of 2015 onwards the board well and truly screwed up.

21 minutes ago, NickJ said:

The point remains that according to LJ and MA the building of our squad is all about identifying the right DNA.

Well, clearly that is bullshit otherwise, with 12 of today's 17 man squad being LJ/MA signings, we would not be in this position.

As a SC fan I think that from the summer of 2015 onwards the board well and truly screwed up.

It doesn't though does it. Whilst we are where we are you can only buy what will come.

Andre Grey - our man's main target - made it pretty clear even in spite of Burnley he weren't ever going to come here. 

You buy either the best of what will come or players who have potential to exceed your current status, even if they might take work. Personally I think we went with the right tactic but it's looking a stride too far for some. Our Jan signings however look exceptional business so far and - with Hordur in from injury and Jens to MF - I have strong faith.

A goalkeeper and a RB and I think not only do we have a squad able to keep us up, with a year's training for the likes of COD, Brownhill etc and a quick striker partnering Djuric I honestly would be expecting (not hoping) top 10. First things first tho. 

The bolded para, as you know, I will never disagree with. SC deserved more and deserved better. Communication between him and the board was poor and each take their share of blame for that. 

54 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Ah, ok, @BobBobSuperBob has ghost-written my reply.

Seriously though, re no3, i agree, I still think recruitment was excellent in the summer, and underpinned the 'pillars' (sorry :P), but what has not happened is transference onto the pitch, or results at least.  We do not seem to have a style.  Is that too much chopping and changing.  I said about a month back, that he needs to pick his best XI and stick with it.  If he thinks it's his best team and tells them that, then those pkayers start to believe and those not selected either throw their toys out the park or bust a gut to change the manager's mind, or take an opportunity, e.g. Injuries.  Give that message to the players, not that you're going to try and match the formation of Fleetwood.  Looking back at last week, I don't know what other manager would allow a lower division club to dictate our tactics.

I looked at Cardiff today and even at from throw-ins, they had a drill.  Why don't we?  I don't see any runs to block a marker, that's basic at this level.  We have lost any 'identity' I thought we might have from the 4231 days of August and September.

31 minutes ago, NickJ said:

The point remains that according to LJ and MA the building of our squad is all about identifying the right DNA

The common DNA between Gary and Jnr is clear to see, all well when winning, clueless about motivation, tactics and managing a poor run..Also, not a clue about midfield and building teams to move on...I think Yeovil is Jnr's best bet now

I kind of feel sorry for LJ.

He took over when we had a squad so threadbare we barely had enough first team players to fill the bench.

He's had to integrate a shitload of new signings into what was, essentially, a team of L1 players.

Some of the new signings have obviously been signed with the future in mind, instead of the here and now but he still gets slated for not playing them. When he does play them, there's uproar as they arent quite ready yet. He can't win.

After saying all that, I really wanted him to succeed and have given him the benefit of the doubt for the above reasons and more but I honestly think it's time for a change.

Who the next guy should be, I have no idea, but whoever it will be, he will be starting with a team of internationals and players at the right age/potential to be an improvement on what they are delivering now.

7 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

There will be many on here (they wont come on just yet mind - they're thinking up their excuses) who will defend this tool until we are mathematically down.  I never wanted this clown.  Get him out now.  Anyone who defends him, quite frankly, doesn't have the clubs best interests at heart.  All they're concerned about is saving face. 

Or maybe changing managers every five minutes hasn't helped us must in the past?

LJ is here for the next couple of games at least.

Not sure after  that !!

I'd give Johnson more time given his record overall since appointment. I don't think we will go down this season. Longer term, Johnson to take us to the Premier League (like Alan Dicks - and he struggled early on)! I'll revisit this position in three weeks after the Rotherham match. But.....

1. Hegeler needs to be in midfield.

2. Play four at the back.

3. We need to find a way to get the best out of Tomlin. I suggest:

Fielding 

Little  Flint Wright Golbourne

Brownhill Hegeler Bryan

Tomlin 

Djuric   Abraham

I'm still in the LJ in camp. 

I know it's a hard position to defend, but I still believe that a this is largely (not completely) down to stupid individual errors and a lot of bad luck. 

I admit it's getting harder by the game to keep this viewpoint, but I'm looking forward to sitting there smugly mocking you all when he turns things around..!

8 hours ago, INCRED said:

SL won't sack him, if anything LJ will fall on his sword if he is to leave

If this is the case we are doomed, because I don't see LJ doing the honourable thing. Might talk a good game but worse than that believes it. At least most bull-sitters know that they are talking BS!!

As for SL, patience is a virtue. Indecision is a curse! You decide which it is... 

I still support him.

Today we were let down by individual mistakes. Don't get me wrong, it was far from a stellar performance, but we did enough to win today. 

The non showing of a red card for a player walking on someones back and joke of a penalty was ridiculous.

The second goal was down to our players faffing around on the edge of the area.

The final goal was the worst to concede, only one player went to close down someone who is known to have a good long range shot (even if he shouldn't have been on the pitch) and that player got obstructed by the referee- don't get me wrong, only having one player closing down was poor.

7 hours ago, Griffin said:

But we're not.

But we are, for 70 odd minutes. If we were getting dicked 3/4 nil every week I suspect I'd be in the Johnson out camp but I can see many positives for 70 minutes until we implode because it gets to a certain point in a game and our players suddenly become scared of their own shadows. 

We need to learn to see games out and that is our biggest downfall, that's down to the lack of Championship experience our team has. Need to learn to slow the game down, kick balls into row Z, take 20 minutes to take a goal kick etc like other teams do.

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No but 10 defeats in 11 and a record run of defeats suggests that there is something seriously wrong !!!

Blimey talk about straw clutching :blink:

The frustrating thing is this run could so easily have been flipped the other way and been 10 wins out of 11.

3 hours ago, stokes7 said:

I don't know what games you watch the football is dire and predictable oh and slow

I agree At times it may be slow and we could do with upping the tempo as that's when we seem to play better. 

Years ago many were creaming about Swanseas slow predictable possession based game and saying we should adopt that and that we have done. Not quite there yet but in time I believe it will all click together. 

Today we had 60 odd % possession in the first half and it kept us nice and solid. Ironically when we don't play this way we end up losing. 

23 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm still in the LJ in camp. 

I know it's a hard position to defend, but I still believe that a this is largely (not completely) down to stupid individual errors and a lot of bad luck. 

I admit it's getting harder by the game to keep this viewpoint, but I'm looking forward to sitting there smugly mocking you all when he turns things around..!

Pretty much the same as I was about to write. 

I'm hurting as much as anyone else, but I still believe Lee can turn this around. 

Archived