IGNORED

Lee Johnson Sack Watch (Merged, again and again)

And Its Smith

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

I'm waiting for a text from Nicola Sturgeon .... if anyone is itk it'll be her, - the freaky haggis... 

Nooooooooo.

She'd want a bl00dy referendum on the manager's job - in or out!

5 hours ago, shelts said:

I do get a feeling some want us to fail , starting with Fleetwood and ending with Forest

The thing is even now I'd love to see Lee turn this situation on its arse,win at Fleetwood,same at Forest-the catalyst to some steady form & a gradual tick over of a points under the belt..to prove so many of us wrong..

Maybe I'm just an ageing romantic at heart.

This is a horrible situation we are all in. Unfortunately, I don't live in Bristol anymore so all my mates in the pubs support other teams. Over the weekend, like most weekends my mates have bants about each others teams. However, this weekend it turned in to a p!ss take about how could any team not sack a manager after a run like we are going through. Why are we different? Is it a case of that when we sack a manager it does no good any way or is it because when we sack a manager we get a new one which isn't much better than the last one we paid off?

When you have people who support other teams know we have just done a new club record for the number of defeats in a row and they put bets on every week that we will lose when we take the lead in games. Its getting embarrassing! 

I felt physically sick after both Reading and Cardiff and like many others on here may be I care too much. With Fleetwood, Forest and Rotherham coming up its a real crunch time. The other fixtures coming up hardly fills me with much in the way of confidence either.

If SL decides to bin LJ then christ knows who the replacement would be. I know that the club is restricted by FFP as far as players and wages are concerned. Does this apply to managers and or coaching staff? If the answer is that it doesn't, then SL should use some of his hard earned wealth to get the right man in for us now. I don't think the squad is that far off being a decent outfit. What it is crying out for is some one to get a grip of it and stop this slide to what could be League 1 again. 

1 hour ago, EnderMB said:

I hope he doesn't get the sack, because sacking yet another manager makes us look terrible.

Since GJ left, we've pretty much sacked a manager every year. That's an absymal record, and shows some terrible mismanagement from the board. It also provides a lack of stability for the players, and a disjointed team cobbled together by a set of managers that we feel aren't ready for this level.

We slate the likes of Chelsea and co for being trigger happy, but we're just as bad. At least the top clubs have the pick of upcoming managers. If we're not hiring a Yes Man like SOD or LJ, we're hiring a grafter to pull us from the shit until they reach a point where they're out of their depth.

I'm yet to see a suitable suggestion for who we hire if LJ is given the boot, probably because there aren't any better managers on the market. We can't persuade any currently employed managers because we'll end up sacking them in a year. The only candidate I can remotely think of that could do a job for us is Ryan Giggs, and that's purely because he might end up being a good manager.

As I keep saying on here, let Pemberton take over, he did well util LJ came in, he can't do any worse and the boys know and respect him. Go on SL do the business!

39 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

The thing is even now I'd love to see Lee turn this situation on its arse,win at Fleetwood,same at Forest-the catalyst to some steady form & a gradual tick over of a points under the belt..to prove so many of us wrong..

Maybe I'm just an ageing romantic at heart.

Maybe your just ageing!

Just now, RedJim said:

I am amazed that's he is still here to be honest. Would be delighted if he turned it around but I fear we are are going to have to slide even further before action is taken. Surely he will go if we lose tomorrow night?

I think Forest is the straw that will break the camels back.... if we lose.

Just now, supercidered said:

I think Forest is the straw that will break the camels back.... if we lose.

Agreed. I don't think tomorrow's result makes a difference. 

If we lose on Saturday against a team that are in more of a mess than us then he HAS to go! Looking at the fixtures, I'm genuinely petrified about our February results if we still have Johnson as manager

46 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

As I keep saying on here, let Pemberton take over, he did well util LJ came in, he can't do any worse and the boys know and respect him. Go on SL do the business!

50% defeat record is doing well?

Even though the amount of games he presided over was far too small to actually work out how good a job he would do.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Could be worse, we could be forest...... 

Yea it all looks a bit mad up there but things can change quickly with takeovers. Their form is pretty dreadful as well but they binned their manager after an away draw at Birmingham... whereas we as a club seem to be doing nothing but strapping ourselves in for the duration. I don't know what the right thing for the club to do is. I just hope that the people who should know what the right thing to do is actually do it! Given our history of these situations, I'm very nervous and very worried!

2 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Yea it all looks a bit mad up there but things can change quickly with takeovers. Their form is pretty dreadful as well but they binned their manager after an away draw at Birmingham... whereas we as a club seem to be doing nothing but strapping ourselves in for the duration. I don't know what the right thing for the club to do is. I just hope that the people who should know what the right thing to do is actually do it! Given our history of these situations, I'm very nervous and very worried!

It's commendable that we give managers a chance but Saturday was the last straw for me and a lot of others

but no use crying about it at the moment 

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It's commendable that we give managers a chance but Saturday was the last straw for me and a lot of others

but no use crying about it at the moment 

Yup I agree with that and with coming a week after another crunching kick in the balls i.e. Reading its very hard even for the most optimistic of fans to stay positive!

3 hours ago, EnderMB said:

I hope he doesn't get the sack, because sacking yet another manager makes us look terrible.

Since GJ left, we've pretty much sacked a manager every year. That's an absymal record, and shows some terrible mismanagement from the board. It also provides a lack of stability for the players, and a disjointed team cobbled together by a set of managers that we feel aren't ready for this level.

We slate the likes of Chelsea and co for being trigger happy, but we're just as bad. At least the top clubs have the pick of upcoming managers. If we're not hiring a Yes Man like SOD or LJ, we're hiring a grafter to pull us from the shit until they reach a point where they're out of their depth.

I'm yet to see a suitable suggestion for who we hire if LJ is given the boot, probably because there aren't any better managers on the market. We can't persuade any currently employed managers because we'll end up sacking them in a year. The only candidate I can remotely think of that could do a job for us is Ryan Giggs, and that's purely because he might end up being a good manager.

Then we keep sacking until we get this right. Even better employ a "Football Man" to take charge of Managerial/Coach recruitment

44 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Yup I agree with that and with coming a week after another crunching kick in the balls i.e. Reading its very hard even for the most optimistic of fans to stay positive!

lose at fleetwood and i think he's sacked,

lose another league game in the next week or so and i think he's sacked,

He's on borrowed time, the transfer window will have no baring on it, due to the way we do things now

Just now, Monkeh said:

He's on borrowed time, the transfer window will have no baring on it, due to the way we do things now

I've just read the pre Fleetwood press conference. You wouldn't know that we have just surpassed the previous club record for consecutive defeats. He insists he has backing of the board and some nice texts from the players not that it means anything really. 

Where is the fire and the passion, I want to see that it hurts and that it really hurts and give us something for us to believe he is the right man to be boss of this great club. Fed up with the same stuff being trotted out all the time!

11 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Apparently Rosler was giving the Rovers bench dogs abuse on Saturday. Sounds like a good fit.

17.18 - LJ puts his feet up in the managers office after a good days work. 

Video conference with Uncle Steve (he still loves me), press conference up Failand - rotten Journos asking if "I've lost the dressing room" or if the board are behind me, training session with Flint, Magnusson and Hegeler, gave Pack a bollocking about his beard - the scruffy git, told Chelsea on the phone that Tammy is doing fine, told Ian Holloway to f*** off about Lukey. 

Had a cuppa. Job done. Might play on OTIB now.

11 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

0542hrs. Teething. Fallen out with wife over her inability to screw

And we think  LJ has it tough because he isn't getting on too well with some of the players. :)

Bugger, the little ****er is stll here then. So even humiliation at Fleetwood will probably not see the back of him, perhaps humiliation at Fleetwood, followed by defeat at Forest might belatedly open Lansdown's eyes to LJs inadequacies.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want us to lose, nothing would please me more than see LJ suddenly bring about a run of wins after the dismal run of defeats like he managed at Barnsley. I just cannot see it happening, more than happy to eat humble pie if LJ could pull off a revival.

Statistically SOD was worst ever City manager in terms of results and Pulis is generally accepted as most disliked manager and the one who did most long term damage - I really fear LJ could take over Pulis' mantle in that regard. 14 million spent on new players and we are barely any better off then a year ago when SC was sacked, scandalous really.

14 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Bugger, the little ****er is stll here then. So even humiliation at Fleetwood will probably not see the back of him, perhaps humiliation at Fleetwood, followed by defeat at Forest might belatedly open Lansdown's eyes to LJs inadequacies.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want us to lose, nothing would please me more than see LJ suddenly bring about a run of wins after the dismal run of defeats like he managed at Barnsley. I just cannot see it happening, more than happy to eat humble pie if LJ could pull off a revival.

Statistically SOD was worst ever City manager in terms of results and Pulis is generally accepted as most disliked manager and the one who did most long term damage - I really fear LJ could take over Pulis' mantle in that regard. 14 million spent on new players and we are barely any better off then a year ago when SC was sacked, scandalous really.

I'm not a prolific poster as I tend to come on here for a break when I'm at work for a bit of a laugh and banter. There hasn't been much of that lately!

However, I can't stop thinking about the current situation which is why I've posted more than usual lately.

I think we would all agree that SL has made his wealth by being an excellent business man. It is also likely that he made mistakes on the way to where he is now and I bet he has trampled over people and been ruthless in his pursuit of wealth, power and success along the way.

So the question is, why the sentiment now? I know that he likes LJ and that he feels that he will be a good manager at some point. He can see the carnage that we are witnessing and he can see that his investment in all aspects of City are under threat. I would love to know what he is thinking and at what point he draws a line under this.

After thinking things over and over since the Reading game in particular. I think he genuinely feels that no matter how bad things may get between now and May we will still be playing in the Championship next season. With that in mind, add to and build the squad in the summer etc, etc.

He will also be mindful that our 3 new additions, some of the current squad and the other likely arrivals this month will have clauses to leave City if we are relegated. I'm not ITK with this but it must be the case. Furthermore, whether we like Mark Ashton or not, he seems to be the one who gets the players in and it has to be said, most are of a decent calibre. Will he be sticking around if we go down? Then we are back to less than square one!

I can't see any other reasoning for the current sentiment adopted by SL. The reason for this is that if god forbid we fall through the trap door to the 3rd tier again, I see LJ has being an even worse fit for City at that level than the current one.

There a loads of examples on the forum where fans have cited bad decisions made by SL. However, the man is not stupid and he has doubtless made mistakes in business as well. He is a fan and an owner of City which can be a really dodgy mix but despite what my emotions have been telling me, I'm going to have to put my trust in SL and his logic, whatever that may be.

19 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

Then we keep sacking until we get this right. Even better employ a "Football Man" to take charge of Managerial/Coach recruitment

That's basically what we're doing now, and it's not working.

While I agree with hiring someone with experience in the game to handle this kind of thing, I wouldn't trust our board to get this right. The club wants to run itself on a certain model, and any football man we bring in will probably just be another Yes Man.

Ultimately, it is Lansdown's own money that he's wasting, but it's a really ******* stupid way to run a club, especially one with Premier League aspirations.

Archived