IGNORED

Lee Johnson Sack Watch (Merged, again and again)

And Its Smith

9 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

That's basically what we're doing now, and it's not working.

While I agree with hiring someone with experience in the game to handle this kind of thing, I wouldn't trust our board to get this right. The club wants to run itself on a certain model, and any football man we bring in will probably just be another Yes Man.

Ultimately, it is Lansdown's own money that he's wasting, but it's a really ******* stupid way to run a club, especially one with Premier League aspirations.

there are 71 other league clubs trying to get to the prem with only 3 places open that mean 68 will not be there next season, you need skill and luck, at the moment we have nether,

If reports in the Mirror are correct (and there is no smoke without fire) it looks like there may have already been tentative discussions with Rowett. This type of news story is basically probably leaked by GR's advisers so as to say to the owners of these clubs, " come on lads, I am available and I would be interested".... I reckon this is now a massive game for LJ tonight. Lose tonight and it could be curtains ..... the only thing that makes me dismiss this type of story is that LJ sounds pretty confident he aint gonna be sacked.....time will tell.  

7 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

If reports in the Mirror are correct (and there is no smoke without fire) it looks like there may have already been tentative discussions with Rowett. This type of news story is basically probably leaked by GR's advisers so as to say to the owners of these clubs, " come on lads, I am available and I would be interested".... I reckon this is now a massive game for LJ tonight. Lose tonight and it could be curtains ..... the only thing that makes me dismiss this type of story is that LJ sounds pretty confident he aint gonna be sacked.....time will tell.  

Cotts was confident too, he gave a press conference a cople of hours before!

4 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Exactly. You only have to read these quotes before he was sacked.

Cotterill was dismissed by Keith Dawe on 14 January 2016, despite his earlier favourable appraisal of Steve's ability to manage: "I believe Steve Cotterill has the capacity to be a Premier League manager".[61][62] Other senior figures at the club were also supportive of Steve prior to his dismissal, such as club owner Steve Lansdown"He is the man at the helm to take us forward".[63]

Career statistics

23 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

The tabloids make it up as they go. Any of us could write what they have. A recent Championship manager who was sacked, now being linked with other Championship clubs who 'may' sack their manager. 

You're right - a nothing story really...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/gary-rowett-snubs-nottingham-forest-9637239

1 hour ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Yes you right.... that was diabolical making him do the media.... really poor job from the club. He did not deserve that whatever fans think of the end of his reign. We would still be in League One if not League Two had he not instilled that winning mentality after the SOD nightmare.... Whatever we all think of LJ he would not deserve that either.....

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Exactly. You only have to read these quotes before he was sacked.

Cotterill was dismissed by Keith Dawe on 14 January 2016, despite his earlier favourable appraisal of Steve's ability to manage: "I believe Steve Cotterill has the capacity to be a Premier League manager".[61][62] Other senior figures at the club were also supportive of Steve prior to his dismissal, such as club owner Steve Lansdown"He is the man at the helm to take us forward".[63]

Career statistics

I had the benefit of attending a dinner with a couple of city players (who shall not be named) ... they told me that no-one saw him being dismissed and that when he was sacked he came into Failand in tears to give a final speech and say his goodbyes.... it suggests what I thought along, he was dismissed because he would not work with Ashton under that structure.....LJ is a dead man walking given the comments above.... he needs a result tonight.....

1 hour ago, MarkRed! said:

I had the benefit of attending a dinner with a couple of city players (who shall not be named) ... they told me that no-one saw him being dismissed and that when he was sacked he came into Failand in tears to give a final speech and say his goodbyes.... it suggests what I thought along, he was dismissed because he would not work with Ashton under that structure.....LJ is a dead man walking given the comments above.... he needs a result tonight.....

Some players were also in tears.

4 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

Thank god Mark Ashton came in then because we were going down with Cotterill.

2 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

He's not been sacked yet, but I would like to reassure you all with the excellent news that following a six hour operation Dean Holden and Steve Lansdown were successfully extracted from Lee Johnson's colon in what has been deemed a miracle for medical science.

This made me laugh more than it should have :laugh:

Archived