IGNORED

Villa Tickets - merged

Globe Trotter

Why not wait until the Fleetwood result? Absolute madness selling them now, if (big if) we get through I assume it will be rearranged to an evening match, if so then anyone getting the train is pretty screwed as there are no trains to get back to New Street as last train from villa will be gone. Maybe ok with a good stroll to New Street and getting out in good time? 

26 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm surprised they are going on sale before the Fleetwood replay! 

Be good to get one secured though, whether it's for the 28th or the rearranged date. 

Been waiting 28 years for this fixture! 

Nice to see the club showing confidence for the replay  :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Why not wait until the Fleetwood result? Absolute madness selling them now, if (big if) we get through I assume it will be rearranged to an evening match, if so then anyone getting the train is pretty screwed as there are no trains to get back to New Street as last train from villa will be gone. Maybe ok with a good stroll to New Street and getting out in good time? 

The article on the web site quite clearly states that the game could be postponed. Clearly, some people will attend no matter when it is so why not release tickets for sale?

why not release tickets for sale?

With people asking for refunds, seats being sold that then become available etc. I can imagine people getting told that none are available and then others getting hold of tickets that have been reallocated later. Sounds like a fair chance of a balls up on its way. Why not just wait and make it easier all around for fans and the club?

12 minutes ago, wood_red said:

why not release tickets for sale?

With people asking for refunds, seats being sold that then become available etc. I can imagine people getting told that none are available and then others getting hold of tickets that have been reallocated later. Sounds like a fair chance of a balls up on its way. Why not just wait and make it easier all around for fans and the club?

But if we aren't in the cup, that leaves a short window for selling and posting out of tickets. People would be moaning about that. Lose, lose whatever decision the club took.

Not sure how it is a short window to post tickets. You would guess everyone would buy theirs on the Weds after the cup match (18th), and the villa match isn't until the 28th. Easily has 6 full days to get tickets sent first class even giving a couple of days for delivery.

The club website clearly states that "no tickets will be sent out to supporters until after the cup tie, allowing a short period for refunds should the game be moved."

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/villa-ticket-details-released-3509299.aspx#KBMSVTIogoBPWE4H.99

So buy now if you want to secure one, but it won't be sent until the result of the replay is known.  If we win the replay and the match gets moved...you can refund.

There is a priority system. Season ticket plus, season ticket, forever Bristol then general sale.

This is the only way to stick to it due to the turnaround between Fleetwood and Villa.

These kind of games are the main reason for the priority system as well. 

40 minutes ago, Selred said:

There is a priority system. Season ticket plus, season ticket, forever Bristol then general sale.

This is the only way to stick to it due to the turnaround between Fleetwood and Villa.

Very good point and exactly why they are going on sale tomorrow. 

Case closed. 

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Fair point there - I hold my hands up and apologise to the club being completely in the right  :clapping:

8 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

can I ask why 28 years?

That's how long I've been going to City games and it's always been a fixture/ground I've always wanted. 

Every cup draw, hoping it would be Villa away (or Spurs is the other one) 

I hold no soft spot for Villa or Spurs, they are just grounds that I'd love to visit with City for some reason!

37 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Anyone know what the maximum allocation might be and whether a humble member such as myself will stand a chance?!

20 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Away fans capacity at Villa Park is just under 3000 so I presume that is an initial allocation and we would get more, without sounding gaslike I'm sure we would take 3k even for a night game.

Article on the OS says that's our full allocation. I'm surprised that it's not more! How can it be 2.5k in a 40+k capacity stadium..?! 

• Admin
24 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Away fans capacity at Villa Park is just under 3000 so I presume that is an initial allocation and we would get more, without sounding gaslike I'm sure we would take 3k even for a night game.

Article states this is our full allocation 

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That's how long I've been going to City games and it's always been a fixture/ground I've always wanted. 

Every cup draw, hoping it would be Villa away (or Spurs is the other one) 

I hold no soft spot for Villa or Spurs, they are just grounds that I'd love to visit with City for some reason!

same here never been there been waiting 48 years....

A full allocation of 2,400 is pathetic in a stadium with a capacity of 42,600. That's less than 6%.

If this fixture is played on a Saturday afternoon I believe we could quite easily sell 5,000 if not more. Instead many of us will miss out while looking at vast swathes of empty, unsold seats. Madness. Whilst I appreciate the arguments against giving away teams large allocations, a club the size of Villa shouldn't really fear an away following of 4,000+.

This is why I would prefer all clubs to give away fans more tickets if the demand is there and they are able to. Sometimes it would work against us, sometimes in our favour, but overall it would mean more fans getting to watch more football.

Archived