IGNORED

Villa Tickets - merged

Globe Trotter

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

Getting tickets for Leeds is MASSIVELY different to Villa, these won't make general sale. Currently oonly on sale to Season Tickets plus, then season ticket holders, then members 

I didn't mean to imply that it was the same at all; just more of a commiseration for those who would want tickets and not be able to get them. I suppose I'm too new to understand why it's massively different, but pretty much everything about the ticket buying experience is different to me than what it's like here for sporting events.

6 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Thanks for the condescending hint! I think season ticket plus should get more benefit, it's called rewarding loyalty.

But they are rewarding your loyalty by giving priority to you to buy a ticket. Why should your mate/family member who isn't a season ticket holder plus also get rewarded over other season ticket plus holders?  Say they aren't even season ticket holders or members...  Why should they benefit from your loyalty? 

I'd love to take my Mrs to this game.  She isnt from Bristol, doesn't like football and has only been to 3 city games in her life.   Imagine how annoyed you would be if you missed out on a ticket because I'd managed to buy an extra one for her one my season ticket. 

6 minutes ago, cider-manc said:
19 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Thanks for the condescending hint! I think season ticket plus should get more benefit, it's called rewarding loyalty.

But they are rewarding your loyalty by giving priority to you to buy a ticket. Why should your mate/family member who isn't a season ticket holder plus also get rewarded over other season ticket plus holders?  Say they aren't even season ticket holders or members...  Why should they benefit from your loyalty? 

I'd love to take my Mrs to this game.  She isnt from Bristol, doesn't like football and has only been to 3 city games in her life.   Imagine how annoyed you would be if you missed out on a ticket because I'd managed to buy an extra one for her one my season ticket. 

Great so I get to go to a game by myself! 

6 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Great so I get to go to a game by myself! 

Can you really not understand this..?!

We have less than 2.5k tickets to distribute amongst (for starters) 14k season ticket holders. 

Why should your (or anyone else's) random friend get a ticket priority too..?!

Do you expect City to let your friend into home games on your season ticket, so you have someone to sit with..?! 

7 hours ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Thanks for the condescending hint! I think season ticket plus should get more benefit, hint: it's called rewarding loyalty.

And then with your extra ticket (s) you will be taking your missus or Uncle Tom Cobley who hasn't seen a game since Wembley 3 years ago. Where's the loyalty in that. 

8 hours ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Thanks for the condescending hint! I think season ticket plus should get more benefit, hint: it's called rewarding loyalty.

So people that travel the country week in week out following us away should potentially miss out because you don't want to sit on your own?....

Get a grip.

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

And then with your extra ticket (s) you will be taking your missus or Uncle Tom Cobley who hasn't seen a game since Wembley 3 years ago. Where's the loyalty in that. 

Upstart isn't he, doesn't even know the first rule of being a real City fan, I mean just wanting to go to a game ad hoc...:facepalm: 

4 hours ago, tommy32 said:

You can create an account online and purchase them as a new customer easily enough. 

If you create a new account you still won't have a previous purchase history though.  See below image grabbed from the Villa ticket site.  Presumably this would stop any new account regardless of postcode.

villa.JPG

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

If only 1100 went on day one, I won't be surprised if they make general sale, so hold off on the panic people!

I don't think that's too bad considering we still don't 100% know when the game will be played. Well we kind of do but you get my point!

3 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

For anyone panicking, remember many will return their tickets after the fleetwood game if we win. Four of us going but if we beat Fleetwood that goes down to two.

There's 10 of us going but if we beat Fleetwood then sadly none can go because of work and other commitments, So that would be another 10 going back. So id imagine there will still be some on sale come end of next week.

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just thought I'd share this tweet from Adam Baker for anyone who's interested. Only 900 tickets left now and non-plus STH haven't had their chance yet. Can't see it making member sale, certainly not general sale.

image.jpg

I can't imagine there are many STH that aren't "plus" it was included for renewals and only an extra £20 for new STH, so I doubt many others suddenly be able to purchase. There might be a mad rush on internet sales after the result, if we lose the replay on Tuesday though, before member sales on Wednesday. 

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I can't imagine there are many STH that aren't "plus" it was included for renewals and only an extra £20 for new STH, so I doubt many others suddenly be able to purchase. There might be a mad rush on internet sales after the result, if we lose the replay on Tuesday though, before member sales on Wednesday. 

You may be right, although of course plus can continue to purchase through the weekend in addition to non-plus. If I was a betting man I'd say they'll all be gone by Monday...but I'd love to be wrong!

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why would anybody be waiting for tonight's result..? 

The whole point of them already being on sale to priority groups is that you can get your allocation but get a refund if you can't make the rearranged date. 

Maybe they don't want the hassle of claiming a refund. 

Smooth and painless are words rarely used in respect of our ticketing system. 

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Maybe they don't want the hassle of claiming a refund. 

Smooth and painless are words rarely used in respect of our ticketing system. 

Surely better and easier to sort out, than the hassle of not having a ticket for a sold out allocation..?! 

Archived