IGNORED

Villa Tickets - merged

Globe Trotter

7 minutes ago, The_Don said:

People on Facebook asking why they can't get 4 tickets with one season card, but could get 4 for our finals at Wembley...  :facepalm:

I don't follow any of the Facebook City groups. And from everything I ever read on here about City-related stuff on Facebook, that seems to be a wise decision.

15 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Only required to offer 2000 in the EFL (or 10% of capacity if this is lower).

14 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

I think that applies to the Premier League only.

Championship its 2,000 tickets or 10% if the capacity of the stadium is less than 20,000

The rules on minimum allocations are more relevant in the PL where demand for home tickets often exceeds supply. But the minimum becomes pretty irrelevant when you have a 43k stadium with an average attendance 10k below capacity.

Supplying more tickets when the demand is there from the away side, but not the home side, (perhaps with a sensible maximum to protect home advantage) would seem a sensible principle to me that would benefit football fans overall.

An allocation of 2,400 in the case probably means around 3,000 people not able to get a ticket while there are 10,000 empty seats. It's rubbish.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The rules on minimum allocations are more relevant in the PL where demand for home tickets often exceeds supply. But the minimum becomes pretty irrelevant when you have a 43k stadium with an average attendance 10k below capacity.

Supplying more tickets when the demand is there from the away side, but not the home side, (perhaps with a sensible maximum to protect home advantage) would seem a sensible principle to me that would benefit football fans overall.

An allocation of 2,400 in the case probably means around 3,000 people not able to get a ticket while there are 10,000 empty seats. It's rubbish.

No need to try and convince me Chippenham, I was simply confirming the league rules.

I agree with your view, the allocation is ridicously small when all factors are considered...I've been to Villa Park once but can't for the life of me remember if there are any issues accommodating large number of away fans. Perhaps the allocation is based upon segregation factors and increasing it isn't possible without affecting numerous season ticket holders (i.e., like us and The Atyeo)

7 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

No need to try and convince me Chippenham, I was simply confirming the league rules.

I agree with your view, the allocation is ridicously small when all factors are considered...I've been to Villa Park once but can't for the life of me remember if there are any issues accommodating large number of away fans. Perhaps the allocation is based upon segregation factors and increasing it isn't possible without affecting numerous season ticket holders (i.e., like us and The Atyeo)

That's a fair point regarding affecting season ticket holders. But they would have to give at least 6,000 tickets for a cup game so there must be a contingency. If you're right it suggests they overestimated their support by selling home season tickets in too many areas.

Basically I'm just massively annoyed I won't be going (in the away end at least) with so many empty seats on display.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

That's a fair point regarding affecting season ticket holders. But they would have to give at least 6,000 tickets for a cup game so there must be a contingency. If you're right it suggests they overestimated their support by selling home season tickets in too many areas.

Basically I'm just massively annoyed I won't be going (in the away end at least) with so many empty seats on display.

I can understand your frustration, I really can.

I'm pretty sure that the top tier if their large 3 tier stand has been closed on occasions this season - like us with the Lansdown - and it's only opened when demand dictates. So they wouldn't have sold season tickets there; and I'm sure it won't be suitable to house away fans there. 

We also have to remember that many Villa fans have had season tickets in various points around the stadium and for many years as there was always huge demand and they have no doubt taken a decision to reduce the impact of relegation with an already disgruntled fan base...so I'm guessing they kept the home and away areas almost identical (with the exception of the top tier). 

Im not trying to justify their decision but I can understand it to a certain extent.

9 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

I can understand your frustration, I really can.

I'm pretty sure that the top tier if their large 3 tier stand has been closed on occasions this season - like us with the Lansdown - and it's only opened when demand dictates. So they wouldn't have sold season tickets there; and I'm sure it won't be suitable to house away fans there. 

We also have to remember that many Villa fans have had season tickets in various points around the stadium and for many years as there was always huge demand and they have no doubt taken a decision to reduce the impact of relegation with an already disgruntled fan base...so I'm guessing they kept the home and away areas almost identical (with the exception of the top tier). 

Im not trying to justify their decision but I can understand it to a certain extent.

Annoyingly, what you are saying makes a lot of sense @WestonRobin!!!

Just done a bit of research. Seems @WestonRobin is spot on. The away fans are in a section of the Doug Ellis stand. All other areas of the ground were available to STH, except the top half of the Trinity Road stand. Assuming they won't put away fans up there, there is nowhere else for us to go.

(The image below is from Villa's season ticket info).

However, I can see that other clubs have had slightly bigger allocations. For example, Newcastle got 2,800 (source http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-tickets-read-newcastle-11892800).

There are plenty of other examples I can see of clubs getting around 2,900 tickets, and indeed the Football Ground Guide states 2,900 as away capacity.

So why we've only got 2,413 - nearly 400 less than Newcastle - is a question I'd like answered.

Of course what none of this answers is where away fans go for cup games. Presumably home STH get shunted around.

IMG_4138.PNG

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

@ChippenhamRed , it may be the first allocation and we get the other 400 when we sell out.

Still doesn't help me as I can't commit until after I know when it is. Looks like I may miss the game I wanted to get to most.

It's described as a "full allocation" so I think that's the lot. There are going to be a lot of us who miss out on this one.

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

@ChippenhamRed , it may be the first allocation and we get the other 400 when we sell out.

Still doesn't help me as I can't commit until after I know when it is. Looks like I may miss the game I wanted to get to most.

Pretty sure the club website said that 2.4K was our full allocation. No doubt this was influenced by WMP; after all we've had our fair share of issues in their jurisdiction!

57 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bit disappointed that disabled supporters and carers cannot sit with their own fans.  Pretty shocking really.

Will still order mine and Joe's tickets, but far from ideal.

Does that include ambulant disabled or just wheelchair users, I assume the latter?

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Can you not get one and return it if you can`t make it? The club say you can if you need to.

8 hours ago, wood_red said:

if so then anyone getting the train is pretty screwed as there are no trains to get back to New Street as last train from villa will be gone. Maybe ok with a good stroll to New Street and getting out in good time? 

The closest station to Villa Park is Witton (Aston is a little further but not much) and there's a train to new street at 2156 and another at 2256. You can also get a train northbound at 2157 change at Tame Bridge and come back down the line to New street.

On match days the local trains (normally 2 or 4 carriages long) are generally rammed full of home fans. 

Another option is about a 25 minute walk to Gravelly Hill train station where there is a train ar 22:28 for New street and another at 22:58.

The big problem is the last train from New street to Temple Meads leaves at 22:12.

Parking around Villa Park for those who have never been is limited to street parking. Plenty of kids will offer to watch your car for a quid. The usual thing.

I know a good few Villa fans so I'll see of I can get any more info.

21 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

The closest station to Villa Park is Witton (Aston is a little further but not much) and there's a train to new street at 2156 and another at 2256. You can also get a train northbound at 2157 change at Tame Bridge and come back down the line to New street.

On match days the local trains (normally 2 or 4 carriages long) are generally rammed full of home fans. 

Another option is about a 25 minute walk to Gravelly Hill train station where there is a train ar 22:28 for New street and another at 22:58.

The big problem is the last train from New street to Temple Meads leaves at 22:12.

Parking around Villa Park for those who have never been is limited to street parking. Plenty of kids will offer to watch your car for a quid. The usual thing.

I know a good few Villa fans so I'll see of I can get any more info.

I completed a course at Birmingham City Uni for a couple of years through work and got the train up to New Street (very impressive station now) and then the connection train to Perry Barr, the train stops right outside Villa Patk and you have a choice of two stops, it only takes 10 mins max from New Street, so if it was re arranged to a night game, if the trains don't run late you could walk it back to New Street or get a quick cab I'm sure

23 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Most Tuesday nights I'm stuck in a hotel room there, so I won't be complaining!

How annoying would that be..?

Not being able to get out of your room to get to the game. 

Have you tried asking for a different room, with a better lock..?

23 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I completed a course at Birmingham City Uni for a couple of years through work and got the train up to New Street (very impressive station now) and then the connection train to Perry Barr, the train stops right outside Villa Patk and you have a choice of two stops, it only takes 10 mins max from New Street, so if it was re arranged to a night game, if the trains don't run late you could walk it back to New Street or get a quick cab I'm sure

Villa Park to New Street is a three mile walk.

50 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

The allocation thing must be a WMP directive as we had a smaller allocation than most clubs at Brum as well.

You may well be right, but even Birmingham and West Brom got 2,800 tickets for recent games there - surely those games must be a bigger concern to the police than ours?!

Archived