IGNORED

Villa Tickets - merged

Globe Trotter

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

All booked. Very easy online. I don't know what people make such a fuss about! It couldn't be more simple. 

Agreed. I logged in, bought 5 tickets and logged out all by 10:02am...such a simple process.

The only thing I can't work out - and I'm pretty IT savvy - is how to add other / new friends so I can purchase their tickets too. Does anyone have any ideas?

11 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

Agreed. I logged in, bought 5 tickets and logged out all by 10:02am...such a simple process.

The only thing I can't work out - and I'm pretty IT savvy - is how to add other / new friends so I can purchase their tickets too. Does anyone have any ideas?

I think you need to ring the club and have them added to your linked accounts. 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think you need to ring the club and have them added to your linked accounts. 

Thanks Bar BS3; that will explain why I can't see the option.

Don't quite understand why that would be the case - and this certainly isn't a dig at you - but why, in the digital age when we are all being driven to use the internet for bookings etc do we add a manual process? Surely it would have been easier to maintain the original method where you send a request and your friends accepts / confirms. It's easy, simple and the individual concerned can actually decide rather than involving some unknown third party from the club.

5 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

Don't quite understand why that would be the case - and this certainly isn't a dig at you - but why, in the digital age when we are all being driven to use the internet for bookings etc do we add a manual process? Surely it would have been easier to maintain the original method where you send a request and your friends accepts / confirms. It's easy, simple and the individual concerned can actually decide rather than involving some unknown third party from the club.

I thought the same, but the person I spoke to at the club said it wasn't something they wanted individuals have free control over, because of the confusion it might cause and lots of errors, problems that it would lead too. 

Makes sense really. Then one call and it will be on your account permanently. 

7 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

You can do it online. Can't remember how at the top of my head but you haven't got to ring.

1 hour ago, WestonRobin said:

You can do it online mate. I did it the other week.

1. Click in the amount of tickets you want as normal

2. When you click to buy them it will throw up a warning saying you have too many tickets so have to assign owners as usual.

3. Click assign owners as usual and then in the bottom right it says add family and friends. Click on that and all you need is their supporter ID number, postcode and surname.

Job done.

1 hour ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

You can do it online mate. I did it the other week.

1. Click in the amount of tickets you want as normal

2. When you click to buy them it will throw up a warning saying you have too many tickets so have to assign owners as usual.

3. Click assign owners as usual and then in the bottom right it says add family and friends. Click on that and all you need is their supporter ID number, postcode and surname.

Job done.

Thanks Highridge, I'll try that next time.

16 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just done a bit of research. Seems @WestonRobin is spot on. The away fans are in a section of the Doug Ellis stand. All other areas of the ground were available to STH, except the top half of the Trinity Road stand. Assuming they won't put away fans up there, there is nowhere else for us to go.

(The image below is from Villa's season ticket info).

However, I can see that other clubs have had slightly bigger allocations. For example, Newcastle got 2,800 (source http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-tickets-read-newcastle-11892800).

There are plenty of other examples I can see of clubs getting around 2,900 tickets, and indeed the Football Ground Guide states 2,900 as away capacity.

So why we've only got 2,413 - nearly 400 less than Newcastle - is a question I'd like answered.

Of course what none of this answers is where away fans go for cup games. Presumably home STH get shunted around.

IMG_4138.PNG

@AdamB keen to know why our allocation is smaller than other clubs have received (for example Newcastle as detailed above).

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

No complaints as STH rightly get first dibs...but I'm not sure I can cope with "got my tickets" posts for this game!  Every post is one step closer to killing the dream.

Hey, good luck, I was in your position last season...things usually came good.

My post about a positive ticket purchase experience was largely motivated by a desire to applaud the club for the process working smoothly...it gets enough grief over ticket sales...

4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Hey, good luck, I was in your position last season...things usually came good.

My post about a positive ticket purchase experience was largely motivated by a desire to applaud the club for the process working smoothly...it gets enough grief over ticket sales...

Yep fair enough, my recent ticket experiences (including rugby tickets) have been similarly straightforward.

Can't see this one getting anywhere near member sales though, STH will surely take the lot.  I'll be sitting on my hands in the home end.

20 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Yep fair enough, my recent ticket experiences (including rugby tickets) have been similarly straightforward.

Can't see this one getting anywhere near member sales though, STH will surely take the lot.  I'll be sitting on my hands in the home end.

I did that at Swindon in the promotion season...not the easiest of days to keep silent!

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

@AdamB keen to know why our allocation is smaller than other clubs have received (for example Newcastle as detailed above).

Not sure if this has been clarified, but it does state on the main site: "The club has initially been allocated 2,143 seated tickets"
Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/aston-villa-3509196.aspx#jh3FyJHckHCodhsA.99

Archived