IGNORED

Villa Tickets - merged

Globe Trotter

4 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Not sure if this has been clarified, but it does state on the main site: "The club has initially been allocated 2,143 seated tickets"
Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/aston-villa-3509196.aspx#jh3FyJHckHCodhsA.99

The other page says: "A full allocation of 2,413 tickets have been given to the club" http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/villa-ticket-details-released-3509299.aspx

Is it 2413 or 2143?

5 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

The other page says: "A full allocation of 2,413 tickets have been given to the club" http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/villa-ticket-details-released-3509299.aspx

Is it 2413 or 2143?

Yeah just seen that. Both pages are still live on the main site, contradicting each other.

W'happen?

All,

We have held further discussions with Aston Villa today. It has been confirmed the 2,413 tickets is a FULL allocation. Their explanation is below.

Just a bit of background, as you know according to Football League rules and regulations we have to provide an allocation of 2,000 tickets to supporters of visiting clubs coming to Villa Park. The size of allocation we have been able to give to visiting supporters, throughout the season, has been based on what has been deemed safe for the relevant fixture based on conversations between our safety team and the local authorities. This number has varied match to match from 2,000 up to 2,800 and whilst, as a ticket office, we would like to send everyone as many tickets as we can, safety of supporters will always take priority.  For this match, based on intelligence provided by our local authorities, 2,413 tickets were allocated to Bristol City fans to allow us to adequately segregate supporters and ensure the safety of all people attending the match at Villa Park.

Regards,
Adam

7 minutes ago, AdamB said:

All,

We have held further discussions with Aston Villa today. It has been confirmed the 2,413 tickets is a FULL allocation. Their explanation is below.

Just a bit of background, as you know according to Football League rules and regulations we have to provide an allocation of 2,000 tickets to supporters of visiting clubs coming to Villa Park. The size of allocation we have been able to give to visiting supporters, throughout the season, has been based on what has been deemed safe for the relevant fixture based on conversations between our safety team and the local authorities. This number has varied match to match from 2,000 up to 2,800 and whilst, as a ticket office, we would like to send everyone as many tickets as we can, safety of supporters will always take priority.  For this match, based on intelligence provided by our local authorities, 2,413 tickets were allocated to Bristol City fans to allow us to adequately segregate supporters and ensure the safety of all people attending the match at Villa Park.

Regards,
Adam

Like I said earlier down to WMP

49 minutes ago, AdamB said:

All,

Regards,
Adam

Thanks for posting this update and the explanation provided by villa.

Very disappointing though and it seems City fans are being hard done by; I would be interested to know how the authorities decided that approximately 400 more Newcastle fans present less of a safety concern than 2400 city fans. Ultimately this decision will cause more city fans to go in the home end; creating a much greater safety concern imho. 

2 hours ago, AdamB said:

All,

Regards,
Adam

Not the club's fault, but I find it unbelievable that recent fixtures against Birmingham and West Brom present less of a threat than a game against us. In both cases the clubs were given 2800 tickets.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-fans-react-villa-9992076

http://mobile.wba.co.uk/news/article/albion-west-brom-tickets-villa-park-premier-league-aston-villa-2675984.aspx

Not to mention the fact that police forces elsewhere manage to deal with much bigger crowds for games such as United v Liverpool, Newcastle v Sunderland and Celtic v Rangers.

It's ridiculous and the club should be pushing for answers.

14 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not the club's fault, but I find it unbelievable that recent fixtures against Birmingham and West Brom present less of a threat than a game against us. In both cases the clubs were given 2800 tickets.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-fans-react-villa-9992076

http://mobile.wba.co.uk/news/article/albion-west-brom-tickets-villa-park-premier-league-aston-villa-2675984.aspx

Not to mention the fact that police forces elsewhere manage to deal with much bigger crowds for games such as United v Liverpool, Newcastle v Sunderland and Celtic v Rangers.

All very surprising, can't understand what difference the extra 400 would make, maybe it's just a case of a spiteful West Midlands Police, Walsall was over 25 years ago, get over it

3 hours ago, AdamB said:

All,

Regards,
Adam

Have Bristol Sport seen fit to challenge this decision? It is, after all, somewhat discriminatory. 

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The cases you quote don't actually apply in this case. 

The Birmingham game was in the EFL Cup, where the away allocation rules are different. This season in the EFL Championship (the real comparison) both clubs have agreed to give away fans just 2,000 tickets (ie for the derbies at Villa Park and St Andrew's). 

The WBA game you quote is in the Premier League, so again different rules apply for away allocations in this competition. 

United v Liverpool, Newcastle v Sunderland and Celtic v Rangers - none of these are managed by West Midlands Police so again it's irrelevant. (FWIW I've been to the Old Firm and agree on the size of the segregation being tiny).

The club requested the full allocation. We have again gone back to Villa to request more in line with other clubs (e.g. The fair comparisons of Newcastle/Preston) but the safety authorities and Police in the West Midlands have denied us the opportunity of taking more fans. 

Given the rate of sales, the potential for a beamback could be possible. But Villa have complied with the EFL rules and are backed up on their decision by the authorities. 

Regards

Adam

5 minutes ago, AdamB said:

The Birmingham game was in the EFL Cup, where the away allocation rules are different. This season in the EFL Championship (the real comparison) both clubs have agreed to give away fans just 2,000 tickets (ie for the derbies at Villa Park and St Andrew's). 

The WBA game you quote is in the Premier League, so again different rules apply for away allocations in this competition. 

United v Liverpool, Newcastle v Sunderland and Celtic v Rangers - none of these are managed by West Midlands Police so again it's irrelevant. (FWIW I've been to the Old Firm and agree on the size of the segregation being tiny).

The club requested the full allocation. We have again gone back to Villa to request more in line with other clubs (e.g. The fair comparisons of Newcastle/Preston) but the safety authorities and Police in the West Midlands have denied us the opportunity of taking more fans. 

Given the rate of sales, the potential for a beamback could be possible. But Villa have complied with the EFL rules and are backed up on their decision by the authorities. 

Regards

Adam

If Villa have played by the rules in providing less than 10% of the capacity, and if those rules are 10% or 2k, whichever is least, then my question is this : 

Why was the home capacity of the  Atyeo stand cut to 1,200 in order to accommodate 2,700 away fans (10% of capacity), when the rules dictate that 2,000 was the required minimum? 

12 minutes ago, AdamB said:

Regards

Adam

Thanks for coming back on this Adam. I do appreciate the club has asked for the full allocation and it's good to hear you followed up on the comparison with Newcastle.

However I don't agree with everything you say. The fact that those other games were in different competitions is not really the point - the point is that there was the potential for Villa to give us 2,800 tickets in this instance, yet they were not permitted to. Regardless of the rules of the competition, why have WMP denied us the same number of tickets they were willing to give to more local (and surely more potentially troublesome) rivals in the past? That said, I take your point about them only getting 2,000 this time around.

And I do of course realise the other games I mentioned are not managed by WMP. The point was that if other police forces can manage much bigger occasions, why do WMP police need to take such a harsh stance for an ordinary league game with an attendance around 30k, with no significant rivalry. It seems excessive.

A beamback would be good though!

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

If Villa have played by the rules in providing less than 10% of the capacity, and if those rules are 10% or 2k, whichever is least, then my question is this : 

Why was the home capacity of the  Atyeo stand cut to 1,200 in order to accommodate 2,700 away fans (10% of capacity), when the rules dictate that 2,000 was the required minimum? 

I think the disapproval in this thread shows that giving away fans just 2,000 tickets at Ashton Gate would be a bad - and unfair idea. It could also be very damaging financially, which in turn could affect our expenditure (in line with FFP).

Circa ten per cent is much fairer at AG.

Adam

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Thanks for coming back on this Adam. I do appreciate the club has asked for the full allocation and it's good to hear you followed up on the comparison with Newcastle.

However I don't agree with everything you say. The fact that those other games were in different competitions is not really the point - the point is that there was the potential for Villa to give us 2,800 tickets in this instance, yet they were not permitted to. Regardless of the rules of the competition, why have WMP denied us the same number of tickets they were willing to give to more local (and surely more potentially troublesome) rivals in the past? That said, I take your point about them only getting 2,000 this time around.

And I do of course realise the other games I mentioned are not managed by WMP. The point was that if other police forces can manage much bigger occasions, why do WMP police need to take such a harsh stance for an ordinary league game with an attendance around 30k, with no significant rivalry. It seems excessive.

A beamback would be good though!

A beamback would be a very good idea . 4 a season max wasn't it . Or is that wrong 

I remember this time last year being uber nervous about getting Leeds away tickets... I am/was a Forever Bristol member at the time (specifically paid the premium just for this instance), and travelling from across the pond with all my hotels, trains, etc already booked. In the end, it all worked out, but I was a super nervous Nellie for quite a few days whilst I waited my turn to purchase tickets.

• Admin
12 minutes ago, New2City said:

I remember this time last year being uber nervous about getting Leeds away tickets... I am/was a Forever Bristol member at the time (specifically paid the premium just for this instance), and travelling from across the pond with all my hotels, trains, etc already booked. In the end, it all worked out, but I was a super nervous Nellie for quite a few days whilst I waited my turn to purchase tickets.

Getting tickets for Leeds is MASSIVELY different to Villa, these won't make general sale. Currently oonly on sale to Season Tickets plus, then season ticket holders, then members 

3 hours ago, AdamB said:

Regards

Adam

Thanks for the update @AdamB.   Can you just confirm with WMP that if the Football Authorities dictate the ticket sales then they don't have a concern about safety?   :grr:

Archived