IGNORED

The non-official Burnley v City in the FA Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

25 minutes ago, RedM said:

The magic of the FA cup, that's what it's all about. yes it will be interesting to see how the players are today. I'm hoping for a bit of fight and passion even if we lose. The Forest match sounded an awful effort.

2/0 down Liverpool. Hilariously 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

You've never been there, have you?

One of the most unpleasant, aggressive, vile places that I've ever watched City.

Probably even worse than the Den or Boro in the 80s.

GC you are right my observation is made from a distance, have never been there.

2 hours ago, miketh2nd said:

Interestingly enough we have never played Burnley in the fa cup before.  I have this odd feeling with the pressure off ww might sneak a draw 

I have this odd feeling that we might sneak a defeat.

1 or 2 up with 15 minutes to go  -- you know the format.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I'm afraid to say I lost the will with City a little bit.

I'm not sure if it's the result of a wholly uninspiring FA Cup tie that lacks glamour and winability in equal measures, or a million defeats in a row. 

You know you've lost the will when you put 3 bets on Burnley to win, Burnley to come from behind and win and finally Burnley to win by a goal... I actually signed up to skybet this morning to do that... :facepalm:

City win or city lose, it's win win for me today.

I should have done my utterly useless away day fans guide but haven't had the time today so here's the short version.

Burnley, somewhere up north. Angry fans, no idea where it's safe to get a pint, if city play like we have recently then avoid watching it by sitting behind one of the pillars in the away end.

Stay safe on your travels and COYR

Population of 73,000 compared with 3rd Division Shrewsbury at 71,000 and little old Taunton at 65,000.

I wonder why Burnley are in the Prem and Taunton in sixth or seventh tier? Before anyone mentions little Bournemouth, the figure there is 183,000 and when Poole and Christchurch are added in, it's 375,000.

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Population of 73,000 compared with 3rd Division Shrewsbury at 71,000 and little old Taunton at 65,000.

I wonder why Burnley are in the Prem and Taunton in sixth or seventh tier? Before anyone mentions little Bournemouth, the figure there is 183,000 and when Poole and Christchurch are added in, it's 375,000.

Yes, but TBF ,there are a LOT of retirees, "nice place to live" people who keep to their own teams .

25 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Don't get officious

Is that unofficially officious, or officially so? :)

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Suspect we'll lose, hope we'll win.

A normal Saturday then?

Archived