IGNORED

The non-official Burnley v City in the FA Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

You could also say if Tammy played, got a knock today and was unable to play against Wednesday then LJ would be criticised anyway for playing him...

If that worried about him he should not be on the sub bench then.

7 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Well we'll wait until after the game when people will blame Johnson for a bad starting 11 if we lose then...

I don't think many are going to be bothered if we lose,  especially if say we started Tammy and he got injured!  

League is the most important thing if we get a draw or win great,  we can build on this but we have a strong team out except Vyner starting. I'm suprised LJ hasn't rested more players next two league games are huge.

Urgh they just showed the horrible burnley city scarves on the BBC.  

USA-based clarets here folks.....

just an insight regarding our team. 

By far 2nd choice FBs - and Flanagan is awful on the left. That's where your attacks should start - down our right

Experiment with putting Tarkowski in front of the back line - we've never played 4141. Tarkowski only an injury or a last 10 minutes sub. He's Keane's replacement for next season after we lose him in the summer

Both wide guys coming back from injury.

Barton not usually a starter, Hendrick is.

Vokes not a starter, but clearly Dyche fancies him more than the more physical Barnes in a lonesome role

Defour an experiment to see how he operates as the link between midfield and front line - something we're woeful at - typical pass completion rates 65-70%

So pretty experimental for us

4 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

I don't think many are going to be bothered if we lose,  especially if say we started Tammy and he got injured!  

League is the most important thing if we get a draw or win great,  we can build on this but we have a strong team out except Vyner starting. I'm suprised LJ hasn't rested more players next two league games are huge.

Urgh they just showed the horrible burnley city scarves on the BBC.  

I back Vyner starting he could be brilliant you never know

Archived