IGNORED

The non-official Burnley v City in the FA Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

Good morning friends. 

Today we play Burnley FC. The Inbetweeners lads (especially the one called Will) hate Burnley...

Co-incidentally, Burnley and Bristol Rovers have something in common. Burnley are the 6th most hated club whilst we all know Rovers are the 6th most richest. 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/burnley/3584050.Clarets_fans__anger_after_club_named_sixth_most_hated/

Burnley is famous for its medieval witch stakings, and was named after a particular famous wizard was caught and staked by the name of Lee. I've heard no one from Hogwarts visits Burnley.

However another famous wizard who eluded capture comes from the town. Gandalf. And also the supervillain Magneto. And also Norris from Coronation St. Must be something in the water...

Burnley as well is 'oop north', just down the road from Preston. Unconfirmed reports class it as a shithole.

Burnley FC play at Turf Moor which is like Exmoor and they also have their own beast in the shape of their manager, City reject Sean Dyche. He prowls Turf Moor during the night, hunting for discarded boots, hot dogs and empty jars of Bovril. 

They also copied Villa in their colours from green many years ago. Reasons range from a secret love of all things Villa to a colourblind RB who couldn't spot the difference between the grass and his colleagues.

On to today, LJ has been granted a stay of execution. We are expected to lose today so in that case I will suggest a 2-1 win. And Engvall starts!!! Celebrations! Ooh and Harry Redknapp and Jamie are observing from the stands. Make what you will of that... :thumbsup:

Morning one and all

Personally surprised that Burnley are ranked as the 6th most hated club, had them down as being quite a homely little outfit myself.

This is just the kind of game we win, fancy there will be just one goal and Tammy will get it.

Very well done to all those making the journey to Turf Moor: http://www.stadiumguide.com/turfmoor/

We don't know yet what sort of team either side will field.

Suspect Burnley will see this as a walkover and give squad players a chance.  As for us we don't even know anymore who is first choice and who is squad or even under 23s - very confusing.

What I dread is a boring draw forcing a replay which we shall lose at home amid a succession of home league defeats 

26 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Good morning friends. 

Today we play Burnley FC. The Inbetweeners lads (especially the one called Will) hate Burnley...

Co-incidentally, Burnley and Bristol Rovers have something in common. Burnley are the 6th most hated club whilst we all know Rovers are the 6th most richest. 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/burnley/3584050.Clarets_fans__anger_after_club_named_sixth_most_hated/

Burnley is famous for its medieval witch stakings, and was named after a particular famous wizard was caught and staked by the name of Lee. I've heard no one from Hogwarts visits Burnley.

However another famous wizard who eluded capture comes from the town. Gandalf. And also the supervillain Magneto. And also Norris from Coronation St. Must be something in the water...

Burnley as well is 'oop north', just down the road from Preston. Unconfirmed reports class it as a shithole.

Burnley FC play at Turf Moor which is like Exmoor and they also have their own beast in the shape of their manager, City reject Sean Dyche. He prowls Turf Moor during the night, hunting for discarded boots, hot dogs and empty jars of Bovril. 

They also copied Villa in their colours from green many years ago. Reasons range from a secret love of all things Villa to a colourblind RB who couldn't spot the difference between the grass and his colleagues.

On to today, LJ has been granted a stay of execution. We are expected to lose today so in that case I will suggest a 2-1 win. And Engvall starts!!! Celebrations! Ooh and Harry Redknapp and Jamie are observing from the stands. Make what you will of that... :thumbsup:

Condensed Version

Burnley:

Famous for its Witch Steaks (with chips ?), Norris from Corrie and generally just being a shithole

1-1 draw

@Septic Peg , with this being the non official Burnley Vs City in the FA cup match day thread , will it be merged with the Official Official Burnley Vs City in the FA cup match day thread  Or is it actually the Official non official Burnley Vs City in the FA cup match day thread and @havanatopia gets a day off for the Cup ? 

Just now, 1960maaan said:

@Septic Peg , with this being the non official Burnley Vs City in the FA cup match day thread , will it be merged with the Official Official Burnley Vs City in the FA cup match day thread  Or is it actually the Official non official Burnley Vs City in the FA cup match day thread and @havanatopia gets a day off for the Cup ? 

The latter my friend. But I always call it the non official as I have assumed the role of cup match/friendly match thread creator and @havanatopia creates the official threads for league games.

15 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Morning one and all

Personally surprised that Burnley are ranked as the 6th most hated club, had them down as being quite a homely little outfit myself.

You've never been there, have you?

One of the most unpleasant, aggressive, vile places that I've ever watched City.

Probably even worse than the Den or Boro in the 80s.

It would not surprise me one bit if we pull out a win today. It's such a Bristol City thing to do. 

I think Tomlin will start today. Vyner too. Hope Engvall gets some game time.

Have a strange feeling we could get a win in an uncharacteristically good performance.

Worst result right now would be a replay.  

19 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It would not surprise me one bit if we pull out a win today. It's such a Bristol City thing to do. 

Have a strange feeling we could get a win in an uncharacteristically good performance.

Feel the same way today, rather foolishly believe City will sneak a surprise win.  How foolish will this inkling look come 4.50pm?

I haven't read much about the thoughts of Dyche, so not sure if he will take this game seriously.  I can't see any reason why not, they seem relatively comfortable in the Prem for a change, but will he rest a few players and give us a chance?  Conversely, will LJ do similar and rest a few players in readiness for the vital week ahead?

Anyways, COME ON YOU REDSSSS!!!!!!!!

Onto the 5th round please, gents....

33 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I would be surprised if Tomlin is even on the bench he's been ill all week 

38 minutes ago, RedM said:

Sat in the services an hour away. It's grey and drizzly here. 4 coaches on their way up. Mood not positive or negative from what I'm hearing. people thing we will get a draw then lose at home!

Why would we get a draw at their place where they seem to be very dominant and then lose in the return fixture where their away record is (current form) 0-6 and scored 3 and 13 against!!

43 minutes ago, RedM said:

Sat in the services an hour away. It's grey and drizzly here. 4 coaches on their way up. Mood not positive or negative from what I'm hearing. people thing we will get a draw then lose at home!

So not negative then just kind of negative in a medium term sort of way. 

We are bound to win then. Liverpool one down after 55 seconds at home :laugh:!

9 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

So not negative then just kind of negative in a medium term sort of way. 

We are bound to win then. Liverpool one down after 55 seconds at home :laugh:!

The magic of the FA cup, that's what it's all about. yes it will be interesting to see how the players are today. I'm hoping for a bit of fight and passion even if we lose. The Forest match sounded an awful effort.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

The magic of the FA cup, that's what it's all about. yes it will be interesting to see how the players are today. I'm hoping for a bit of fight and passion even if we lose. The Forest match sounded an awful effort.

I have a feeling we might win today. If not for any reason other than you poor buggers deserve a bit of respite for going away this season. 

Burnley 1 City 3 is my predo with horror traffic on the M5 (no crystal ball required for that one)

Archived