IGNORED

The non-official Burnley v City in the FA Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, Offside said:

I hate the fact that for the second season running we are in a situation where we are looking over our shoulders. Also that I can't really enjoy keeping up with today's cup game because it just feels like it is just a chance for Burton to make up even more ground.

Sounds like QPR need Freeman .

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Who cares if they're reserves. They're still a strong Premier League side and would be right up there in the Championship. They're a better side than we are and it sounds like we've been competitive.

I understand why some have lost faith with Johnson but don't think that he should be crucified for (so far) being narrowly beaten by a much stronger side.

And how about the previous 12 of 13 sides we've played ?  Losing in a close game is still losing whatever the opposition, Today we raise our game to narrowly lose to a decent Prem side with a good home record but 8 changes. Meanwhile back in the Championship I cannot see where the next points, let alone win is coming from. To be honest I've given up now, we lose Vs Sheff W and Rotherham and the board will make a change. That change may well be too late, I would love to be proved wrong with LJ , but what different can he try that he hasn't in the previous 13 games? 

The way I see the Johnson scenario is it seems he's going nowhere so let's back him and focus on the positives, the new players and the fact we aren't being trounced week in. I know losing by the odd goal is infuriating (I've been in a very bad mood on Saturdays recently!) but we gotta get behind our boys

Just now, Offside said:

I hate the fact that for the second season running we are in a situation where we are looking over our shoulders. Also that I can't really enjoy keeping up with today's cup game because it just feels like it is just a chance for Burton to make up even more ground.

My thoughts exactly.

The fact Burton might not even have a manager after today, Rotherham have a caretaker in, and both Wigan and Blackburn have picked up league form recently is scary.

If Rotherham get a win today (not beyond the realms of possibility) they'll be eight points behind us, which tells you everything about our league form.

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Who cares if they're reserves. They're still a strong Premier League side and would be right up there in the Championship. They're a better side than we are and it sounds like we've been competitive.

I understand why some have lost faith with Johnson but don't think that he should be crucified for (so far) being narrowly beaten by a much stronger side.

Quite right,  .... how does the old saying go?  - you can only lose against what's put in front of you, innit?  ;) 

Just now, 1960maaan said:

And how about the previous 12 of 13 sides we've played ?  Losing in a close game is still losing whatever the opposition, Today we raise our game to narrowly lose to a decent Prem side with a good home record but 8 changes. Meanwhile back in the Championship I cannot see where the next points, let alone win is coming from. To be honest I've given up now, we lose Vs Sheff W and Rotherham and the board will make a change. That change may well be too late, I would love to be proved wrong with LJ , but what different can he try that he hasn't in the previous 13 games? 

I thought it was obvious that I was specifically talking about the OTT reaction to being narrowly behind at a good Prem side...I fully understand those who have lost faith in LJ based on what's gone before.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Burton now two up, another side climbs above us..

Don't worry, Graham; because we only lose every game by one goal we still have a better GD than them, which is of course very important, almost more so than points, if some are to be believed.

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I don't think he's being crucified for being 1-0 down against a stronger team, I think it's more to do with the fact that in this current run, the only thing he's managing to beat is the law of averages! Oh, and club records. 

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

He isn't being crucified for this game though, let's be fair I don't think many of us expected us to go there and win but we all can hope. He is being crucified for the utter dross that is being served up week in week out in the league with a group of players that should be doing so much better and I personally blame that on Johnson the way he continuously tinkers with the team. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I thought it was obvious that I was specifically talking about the OTT reaction to being narrowly behind at a good Prem side...I fully understand those who have lost faith in LJ based on what's gone before.

Narrowly behind to there reserves after gifting them a goal and nearly gifting them two 86

We are not behind to a better team on play e are behind because we GIFT goals again

14 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

90% of 500 keyboard warriors, of which have 250 have probably watched 3 games of less this season say Johnson out.

Yet there are 800 plus fans who actually GO to the game chanting Johnson In.

Interesting. 

I`ve done my time and I`ll say what I want, Steve.

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Looking over our shoulders at Burton's results. That's what £15m spent on players does for you. 

Yeah, but we're building a team and it will take three transfer windows and £15m is nothing in the Championship compared to what everyone else spends anyway . We are the paupers and should be content with our current predicament.

So what is Burton's excuse for finding themselves above us in the table tonight on 4K crowds and no money to scratch their ar$e with then? Well managed given the resources available to them perhaps?

1 minute ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

And? You think 8 changes constitute a pub side or something?

Being a Prem team, it would still be a decent squad whoever Dyche decided to put out

I was responding to the point made that we were losing to a strong Prem side. This is a strong Prem side with 8 changes which is a caveat that is important in assessing the game. 

Pub team? FFS. 

Archived