IGNORED

The non-official Burnley v City in the FA Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

This is so sad for me.  I used to look forward to listening to the team on Player on Saturday mornings here in Atlanta, even declining to play tennis or do other things.  These days I feel all the life has been sucked out of me.  Even if one of our rare chances is actually converted, not just wide, or just over, or saved, or deflected, or whatever...... I almost don't care.  I'm numb to it.  I didn't react to the Burnley goal because it was inevitable.  I don't think I'll react if City actually get a goal.  How did it all come to this?

1 minute ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

And? You think 8 changes constitute a pub side or something?

Being a Prem team, it would still be a decent squad whoever Dyche decided to put out

That is very true.

However playing Brentford, Preston, Cardiff and Reading in four successive home games and not getting a single point is much more relevant to our season.

Today is irrelevant, utterly abysmal league form is not.

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

I was responding to the point made that we were losing to a strong Prem side. This is a strong Prem side with 8 changes which is a caveat that is important in assessing the game. 

Pub team? FFS. 

Exactly we gave them a goal and nearly two....We are not behind to a better team that has scored a goal from their play

Just another quick moan about tactics. Commentator has just said subs on will mean 442 with Odowda on the right and Reid on the left. Why can't we play wingers on their right sides so they can bomb down the wing and get crosses in, we continue with this bloody opposite wing tactics when we have a big man in the box crying out for crosses.

Just now, 1960maaan said:

Just another quick moan about tactics. Commentator has just said subs on will mean 442 with Odowda on the right and Reid on the left. Why can't we play wingers on their right sides so they can bomb down the wing and get crosses in, we continue with this bloody opposite wing tactics when we have a big man in the box crying out for crosses.

Reid isn't a winger, does Johnson not understand this?

Clueless. 

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Because Johnson. 

Just now, 1960maaan said:

Closest we've come is from a cross (by Vyner), yet as you say; we're playing wide men om their wrong feet.

Sure @Oléwill be pulling his hair out (and rightly so).

3 minutes ago, Atlanta_Red said:

This is so sad for me.  I used to look forward to listening to the team on Player on Saturday mornings here in Atlanta, even declining to play tennis or do other things.  These days I feel all the life has been sucked out of me.  Even if one of our rare chances is actually converted, not just wide, or just over, or saved, or deflected, or whatever...... I almost don't care.  I'm numb to it.  I didn't react to the Burnley goal because it was inevitable.  I don't think I'll react if City actually get a goal.  How did it all come to this?

I can definitely empathise. It's like being kicked so much that you can't feel it any longer. And your mate, who could have called an end to it all decided last week that he actually likes the kicker more than he likes you. 

Still, he might stop him kicking us when we're already dead. 

Archived