IGNORED

The non-official Burnley v City in the FA Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, willitonciderhead said:

For me Tues nights game is the line that I have drawn. If we lose then that is it for me as far as Johnson's management style, tactics and team motivation, 

If I had invested circ 15m in new players I would have wanted to see some improvement in the results/performance.

That line should have been drawn in December and we may not be in the sh*t we are now.

3 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Flint at the heart of a shit defensive performance? Well I never. Pathetic defender.

I would normally disagree but at some point you have to look at him. He's been a mainstay in a poor defensive team for 2 seasons in a row now. I'll take Wright and Mags as my two CBs. Be nice to get quality fullbacks next to them though. 

Though their second sounded like a set piece so assuming Flint was forward. Hard to blame him for that. I'd be willing to sell him on though if someone wanted him. 

To everyone complaining about today though, wasn't this a free game for most of you? Think Burnley have only lost 2 home games this season and that was to Arsenal and Man City. I never expected a result and I don't think many did. Save the complaints for Tuesday night. 

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

Major this has nothing to do with bad luck

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

So depressing , no signs of our luck changing .

On a positive sounds like O'Dowda is improving.

Yes Major don't you know, the idea that form or luck exists anymore is an ancient concept. We are doing badly no, which means we have always been bad, the Manager never won a single game ever and the players were never any good. Have you never read 1984? 

"Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it. Every concept that can ever be needed will be expressed by exactly one word, with its meaning rigidly defined and all its subsidiary meanings rubbed out and forgotten." 

29 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Ignore the fact that we have lost 12 of our last 13 league games!!! Anybody would think Johnson is being hard done by here. He is the first Manager in the club's history to lose eight matches in a row. If we lose to Sheffield Wednesday there wont be many in the ground on Tuesday chanting "Johnson in".

Maybe, just maybe there are more fans than you think who are willing to get behind LJ and give him a little more time to try and turn this ship around. 

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Tbf - They are a decent outfit , and good on their own patch

We didn't want any injuries before Tuesday

And at least Zak has had a run out

We were in the game for an hour

Caught in the break

Small Margins

Cant compete with Premiership budgets

Fully focussed on league

All positives fellow Reds

:thumbsup:

Caught on the break?, surely not?.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Flint has cost us at least 10 goals this season

he is justified in his criticism he's shown no leadership or fight

I think Flint masks his deficiencies well with his aerial ability and his willingness to throw his body in front of shots and crosses. I get being a fan favourite but he's just not a top half of the championship centre half and that is best case 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think Flint masks his deficiencies well with his aerial ability and his willingness to throw his body in front of shots and crosses. I get being a fan favourite but he's just not a top half of the championship centre half and that is best case 

No no no. He's off to Sunderland or West Brom don't you know. 

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Maybe, just maybe there are more fans than you think who are willing to get behind LJ and give him a little more time to try and turn this ship around. 

There might be, I don't know. But my feeling is that if we get done on Tuesday for a fifth consecutive time at home then that will be that for Johnson

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Totally agree, wright and mags for me,

says a lot not making him captain 

Archived