IGNORED

The non-official Burnley v City in the FA Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

10 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Rotherham... there we go someone said it

So if we lose on Tuesday night you think the real acid test of whether LJ should still be in charge would be whether we beat a side with one point out of 42 available away from home and who are certs to be relegated?

Fancy setting the bar a little bit lower? What about if we fail to beat the 84th cubs on the Netham?

Just now, GrahamC said:

So if we lose on Tuesday night you think the real acid test of whether LJ should still be in charge would be whether we beat a side with one point out of 42 available away from home and who are certs to be relegated?

Fancy setting the bar a little bit lower? What about if we fail to beat the 84th cubs on the Netham?

That would be a freebee , different league. Can't be expected to win there.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Well I would imagine most people would be surprised if we get anything out of Sheffield Wednesday tbh. Far better managed side than us. I can see it being a horrible atmosphere on Tuesday if the "expected" happens and there will only be two men to blame if Johnson is on the receiving end of dogs abuse (not condoning it but predicting it). He should have been put out of his misery last week in my view.

If we lose its going to be a pretty intimidating place I'd imagine. And for all the wrong reasons unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Sod turned it round against orient followed up with the sack

i reckon city are actively seeking a manager now Johnson will be gone regardless

I'd just said that to my son,but who?

6 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

So was he not capable of managing this league last season when he steered us away from the relegation zone? Or not capable when we had a good start to the season, with some great wins against Villa, Leeds and Fulham for example?

Nope. We've been rubbish since day 1 of the season, we just had a bit of luck and confidence back then. Now LJ has destroyed all of it completely. Last season is irrelevant.

How anybody can look at the league table and still support that absolute clown is laughable.

25 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Why are you critiscisig Flint Jesus Christ your talking out of your a***

Because he's ******* awful and we have an idiotic fan base that can't realise he's one of our largest problems. I don't know why I'm even replying to you, a Flint fan boy because he scores goals.

HE. CANNOT. DEFEND.

Big ask to beat a premier team away so not expected at all, but did expect a gritty battle to show some pride?

Totally behind the club, manager and players pending the match on Tuesday. Depending on the outcome I will be expecting changes and that will have to the manager as players have changed, you ain't going to change the Chairman, so the only thing left to change is .......................... the manager I;m afraid to say which will be a shame. 

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Nah i'll stick with Rotherham if its all the same to you... its only a week and then when LJ goes, we appoint a new man who will eventually go on a shit run we can have the same conversation again

23 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I would normally disagree but at some point you have to look at him. He's been a mainstay in a poor defensive team for 2 seasons in a row now. I'll take Wright and Mags as my two CBs. Be nice to get quality fullbacks next to them though. 

Though their second sounded like a set piece so assuming Flint was forward. Hard to blame him for that. I'd be willing to sell him on though if someone wanted him. 

To everyone complaining about today though, wasn't this a free game for most of you? Think Burnley have only lost 2 home games this season and that was to Arsenal and Man City. I never expected a result and I don't think many did. Save the complaints for Tuesday night. 

Completely correct.

20 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Maybe, just maybe there are more fans than you think who are willing to get behind LJ and give him a little more time to try and turn this ship around. 

I am sure that if results don't happen then something will be done. Hoping that SL and MA give LJ the appropriate support and make the correct decision based on performance.

Just now, cynic said:

Surprised so many people thought we'd win this game !

I suspect few on here thought we would win. To me it's just the apparent manner of the loss. This was a chance to build some confidence with a good performance with no pressure. But no - a seemingly dull display with nothing gained. 

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yep.

Not sure how on Earth people think beating Rotherham will prove we can pull away; the alternative is if we can't beat them we better get planning trips to League One grounds again.

Below is the current table; might not have played today but slipped a place all the same.  Only saving grace is Wigan and Burton don't play Tuesday...

IMG_2996.PNG

5 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

So was he not capable of managing this league last season when he steered us away from the relegation zone? Or not capable when we had a good start to the season, with some great wins against Villa, Leeds and Fulham for example?

You're talking ancient history . Where are the signs , however small , that something is going to change ?

1 minute ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Nah i'll stick with Rotherham if its all the same to you... its only a week and then when LJ goes, we appoint a new man who will eventually go on a shit run we can have the same conversation again

I'm not sure this is classed as a bad run anymore.. it's almost gone beyond that

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just checked my crystal ball, here is the (future) news .....

Sheff W defeat 2-0 , people moan and LJ supporters say Saturday is it ! 

Rotherham, poor 2-1 win and LJ gets another runs of games to prove his ineptitude , you can see it coming can't you.

Reckon your right-we will beat Rotherham,then its two away games.... It will be the end for Lee when we lose at Leeds.

Just feels like 'that' relationship-dragging on excruciatingly to a slow and agonising conclusion.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Ah! but it's on the lower pitch.

Archived