IGNORED

The non-official Burnley v City in the FA Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

It's ok everyone - LJ sounds upbeat...

Absolutely deluded I fear, the most worrying bit is that a man so demonstrably struggling, so apparently out of his depth, sounds as if nothing much is wrong...Clueless.

Freeman didn't want to be at the match and wants to move on...who can blame him!

As long as they don't pay him. I didn't want to go to work last week, but my boss said he wouldn't pay me if I didn't turn up. 

4 minutes ago, cynic said:

I hope he turns it around as that will mean we are on the way up, others obviously want the reverse of that.

Luckily, they are in the vast minority.

That sounds like an oxymoron. But i do get your point.

I would have thought we all hope he does Cynic but sometimes flogging a dead donkey is pointless to be fair.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Just heard that. I think it's a disgrace. City pay his wages and he refuses to play. 

We only hear one side..... just like Basso and no doubt others, the side the management tell us.

I really don't get the people re-hashing the same quotes week in week out.

"Well , lets regroup,move on and get 4 points from the next 2 games"  

Rework this and it could have been posted any time in the last few months, sadly it was today. Great that support sticks with the team but dear God !  Has reality yet to hit home ? THE WORST RUN IN THE HISTORY OF THE CLUB ! and people think he can suddenly conjure up a winning formula that hasn't crossed his mind yet? 

Wake me up when he's gone.

6 minutes ago, cynic said:

I hope he turns it around as that will mean we are on the way up, others obviously want the reverse of that.

Luckily, they are in the vast minority.

We all want our team to win. Who would want 'the reverse of that'? Sorry but you're talking absolute  b*llocks. Wanting a manager to get the boot is not the same as wanting your team to lose. Big big difference. 

Held our own first half. 2nd half Burnley came out buoyant from their goal. We 2nd best from then on. yes we passed it around nice and Burnley happy to let us do so in areas that didn't matter, as soon as we got too close they easily got the ball back. No one outstanding, no one poor. Burnley outclassed us without getting out of 2nd gear.

Absolutely not one boo at the end. Johnson and players came and clapped,  got a bit of a lukewarm clap back.

1 minute ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Sounded good up until their 2nd...

We'll see.

Personally their five corners in a row in the middle of the first half didn't sound too great, nor did their pressure after half time.

Incremental improvements count for very little right now; need more than that to end this slide.

Will we have enough to get anything against Wednesday?  I hope so, but unfortunately don't think so.

A few games ago Johnson left Freeman out, saying he (Johnson) didn't think Freeman should play because he had to make a decision (about extending his contract).

But Johnson has just said Freeman didn't want to travel today which was "disappointing because we want him to be involved".

Well what has changed? :doh:

3 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Sounded good up until their 2nd...

How dare you suggest that?  We were awful from the first whistle,  and it's all Lee Johnston's fault.  Didn't you know?  Those poor underprivileged and under-paid players.  They can't possibly compete, because Lee Johnston has forced them to underperform.  There they are, ball at their feet, and they think "oh christ, Lee Johnston is our manager" and over the crossbar it goes.  The power he has is frightening, and he's only 5ft 6in you know?

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Held our own first half. 2nd half Burnley came out buoyant from their goal. We 2nd best from then on. yes we passed it around nice and Burnley happy to let us do so in areas that didn't matter, as soon as we got too close they easily got the ball back. No one outstanding, no one poor. Burnley outclassed us without getting out of 2nd gear.

Absolutely not one boo at the end. Johnson and players came and clapped,  got a bit of a lukewarm clap back.

Typical apathy. 

1 minute ago, RedM said:

repeat on Tuesday then apart from maybe a luke warm clap

9 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

Freeman didn't want to show up for work today. Hopefully he won't be getting paid...

8 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Bye bye Freeman. Don't need players like him here.

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Just heard that. I think it's a disgrace. City pay his wages and he refuses to play. 

3 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

If he refuses to play then don't pay him anymore until he does, surely refusing to play is breaking your contract.

But it was Johnson who left him out a few games ago because he wouldn't extend his contract.

Don't blame the player for the initial stupidity.

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

All very powderpuff. There's no disgrace losing to a team from the league above but we cause all our own problems by giving the ball away. 

Interestingly, Radio Lancashire have just said that they thought we played quite well but lacked a cutting edge.

That's about right. As I said they either got it from us or misplaced too many passes, tried to run through players who were too wise for thst. Tammy only had one touch spent most of the time not doing much, didn't add a spark that was needed.

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

As long as they don't pay him. I didn't want to go to work last week, but my boss said he wouldn't pay me if I didn't turn up. 

Don't believe everything you read mate, so much bull coming from our club atm.:glare:

1 minute ago, NickJ said:

But it was Johnson who left him out a few games ago because he wouldn't extend his contract.

Don't blame the player for the initial stupidity.

The issue I think was if he got injured no one would buy him now. however no excuses Freeman certainly does not want to be anywhere near LJ

Archived