IGNORED

The non-official Burnley v City in the FA Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

Just now, Aizoon said:

Because we persist in playing men who are not fully fit and then act surprised when they pick up injuries?

Can't remember if he was carrying some injury but he'd just had the whole summer off and been loaned out.

Anyway his debut/only game at AG lasted longer than Velicka (2 minutes) but not as long as Elokobi  (20 minutes).

I was sooooo glad when Tammy made it through his first game!

4 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Should we be worried about Rotherham against a severely weakened Barnsley side?

As it stands they have 17 points, Burton on the other hand...

We should in so much as this represents their toughest game this week (including visiting us...), and even a draw means they have reduced a 20 point gap to 10 in nine games.

Think we need no one below us gathering any points, even Rotherham.

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

90% of 500 keyboard warriors, of which have 250 have probably watched 3 games of less this season say Johnson out.

Yet there are 800 plus fans who actually GO to the game chanting Johnson In.

Interesting. 

Well nothing like leaping to a conclusion based on absolutely nothing....

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

90% of 500 keyboard warriors, of which have 250 have probably watched 3 games of less this season say Johnson out.

Yet there are 800 plus fans who actually GO to the game chanting Johnson In.

Interesting. 

Ignore the fact that we have lost 12 of our last 13 league games!!! Anybody would think Johnson is being hard done by here. He is the first Manager in the club's history to lose eight matches in a row. If we lose to Sheffield Wednesday there wont be many in the ground on Tuesday chanting "Johnson in".

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Fixed that for you :whistle:

Who cares if they're reserves. They're still a strong Premier League side and would be right up there in the Championship. They're a better side than we are and it sounds like we've been competitive.

I understand why some have lost faith with Johnson but don't think that he should be crucified for (so far) being narrowly beaten by a much stronger side.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Ignore the fact that we have lost 12 of our last 13 league games!!! Anybody would think Johnson is being hard done by here. He is the first Manager in the club's history to lose eight matches in a row. If we lose to Sheffield Wednesday there wont be many in the ground on Tuesday chanting "Johnson in".

Exactly. Kind of doesn't matter much what is the precise percentage of ins or outs. 

The fact is, LJs recent record is appalling and the quality of football dire. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Who cares if they're reserves. They're still a strong Premier League side and would be right up there in the Championship. They're a better side than we are and it sounds like we've been competitive.

I understand why some have lost faith with Johnson but don't think that he should be crucified for (so far) being narrowly beaten by a much stronger side.

Ring in RB 86 - You could do Lees post match interview 

;)

7 minutes ago, samo II said:

Meanwhile, over in the Championship...

Worryingly both Rotherham and Burton not being beaten as yet.  But I've been told by some on here they are both worse than us, so no worries about them overtaking us. :whistle:

IMG_2994.PNG

I hate the fact that for the second season running we are in a situation where we are looking over our shoulders. Also that I can't really enjoy keeping up with today's cup game because it just feels like it is just a chance for Burton to make up even more ground.

Archived