IGNORED

The non-official Burnley v City in the FA Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

Just now, JonDolman said:

Oh no I think we'll get thrashed. Just not a bad line up to see how a few do and with 2 games coming up, glad we've rested tammy. More happy he has decided to go 4 at the back as I hope that means he is going to stick with that. Sticking with 352 will get us relegated.

I don't mind 3 at the back, but we haven't really got wing backs and that system leaves too huge gaps down the flanks when we go forward and lose the ball (as Cotterill's reign proved).

With Burnley taking it seriously, I'll go for 4-1 with Bobby getting our consolation.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

"I was there".

Because Burnley v Bristol City in the FA Cup is clearly one of the defining events of a generation.

Hey; don't knock it.

When we win 6-5 with a 97th minute halfway line strike from our goalie, those scarfs will end up costing a fortune! 

7 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I endorse this match day thread. there.

Cup games can be frighteningly obstrensive to predict. We will lose but only by the odd 2 goals and go down fighting.

Obstrensive? :dunno:

New one on me.  Not sure that word exists havana. :blink:

2 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

He's on the bench... can be called upon if need be, rest him for a more important game on Tuesday.

Precisely.

I've no qualms with that line up at all.

Of course, I want us to win every game, but there is plenty of logic in resting Tammy; he got two goals against Wednesday in the last league game, so keeping him fresh for vital league games is wise.

Do hope Engvall gets a run out, though; we need him to get minutes to get match ready if we're not bringing any more strikers in this window, though see why he's not started.

1 minute ago, samo II said:

Precisely.

I've no qualms with that line up at all.

Of course, I want us to win every game, but there is plenty of logic in resting Tammy; he got two goals against Wednesday in the last league game, so keeping him fresh for vital league games is wise.

Do hope Engvall gets a run out, though; we need him to get minutes to get match ready if we're not bringing any more strikers in this window, though see why he's not started.

Me neither. Just seen Brentford have dropped Hogan to the bench for their match at Chelsea - everyone does it.

Archived