IGNORED

Get lost Freeman. Now Confirmed, joined QPR.

WhistleHappy

1 minute ago, NickJ said:

No, Johnson was in the wrong because he (Johnson) dropped Freeman because he (Freeman) wouldn't sign a contract, which was stupid and probably made Freeman even more determined to get away.

So you know what Freeman's attitude was like then presumably? Perhaps it was obvious that his head wasn't in it and he's already seeing himself elsewhere, in which case it's the right decision not to consider him for selection. But let's be honest, this isn't about Freeman, it's just a chance to have another pop at LJ despite you knowing naff all about the actual situation.

3 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

I want Johnson gone . But in  this case he is correct imo

Sorry but no.

Johnson wants it both ways.

You cant drop the player because he wont sign a contract, and then moan because you've changed your mind and want him to play when he still hasn't signed the contract..

No, Johnson was in the wrong because he (Johnson) dropped Freeman because he (Freeman) wouldn't sign a contract, which was stupid and probably made Freeman even more determined to get away.

If he ain't signing a contract how can you make him even more determined?! The lads already saying 'I'm going on a free if you don't sell me' at that point. I doubt there's more determination in his mind. It's all part of the last 6m posturing and really rather textbook. Amazed it's such a surprise. It was the next move in the game of draughts (sorry, to call it chess would be over-egging it). 

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

You've never seen me in my notice period when I've moved firm ;) I could barely be arsed to log on as a result of being disgruntled for no gardening leave. 

Which is the difference between a professional attitude or otherwise. 

Be disgruntled by all means. You can still put in a shift though. 

You're a player... well paid to do a job.... the manager wants you to do that job you do it.

Paid if you play paid if you don't, in accordance to managers decision.

Managers play and drop players according to the situation if you're dropped you're dropped, if you're required to play .. you play.

Hope, if true that Freeman 'didn't want to play' , that Lansdown withholds those wages.

Sorry can't wholly blame him - Johnson said in the media he was not playing Freeman because he had not signed a new contract, and from Holloway's comments we seem to have stood in the way of a deal. So you want to then ask that player to play for you.... well if he says no then in part you only have yourself to blame...   I know people are going to hate my comments, City shirt, blah blah - but treat people badly, don't expect favours.

Sorry but no.

You cant drop the player because he wont sign a contract, and then moan because you've changed your mind and want him to play when he still hasn't signed the contract..

So you're saying it shouldn't be up to the manager who is in the team? Interesting approach.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

If he's not playing because the manager doesn't think his head/heart's in it then that's 100% the right decision IMO.

If he's not playing because he's said 'I don't want to play' then he should be fined.

Wouldn't disagree but if Johnson was saying 3 weeks ago Freeman's head wasn't in it, how come Johnson is now saying he wants Freeman to play.

He's just trying to blame everything and anything except himself.

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Which is the difference between a professional attitude or otherwise. 

Be disgruntled by all means. You can still put in a shift though. 

I think we'll agree to disagree on this one.

There's a professional attitude but when you know you're off to pastures new, many professionals wind down a fair whack stop working overtime, stop slogging their guts and do the bare minimum. I might do  7 days work in five but as soon as my notice is in I'm doing a standard 37.5h week. 

The refusal to play is a different tact in football. It's the case of forcing the issue. To put it another way: new employer wants you next Monday, you want to work for them, you have a four week notice period... it's a small proportion who work out their notice period in that situation, imo.

4 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Sorry but no.

Course you ******* can... as long as the employee is employed and accepting payments ... wtf you on about?

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So you know what Freeman's attitude was like then presumably? Perhaps it was obvious that his head wasn't in it and he's already seeing himself elsewhere, in which case it's the right decision not to consider him for selection. But let's be honest, this isn't about Freeman, it's just a chance to have another pop at LJ despite you knowing naff all about the actual situation.

Yes I do. We all do. Johnson told us. He said Freemans heart wasn't in it. So how come he's now saying Freeman should have been available for selection today.

It's inconsistent and rubbish management.

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Excellent. I knew some little ****** would have me up on that! As they say in the beautiful game... I gave you a decision to make!

I was being genuine, yet another reason why Lee needs to go.

Turning on loyal fans like you, where will this madness end.

At his best Luke Freeman is a decent player at this level, but his is a confidence game. I'd imagine it was a challenge to give him that confidence, but that's what's needed. If the relationship with LJ doesn't work he needs to go...but I don't blame him for that...or wanting a move from a club that doesn't appear to want him around...

A well run club with a manager who knows what he's doing equals a happy club. We are the complete opposite at the moment.

As a club we have serious problems, we can all see that LF isn't the sort of character we would expect to be involved in this sort of thing, he may not be everyone's favourite player but is not the troublesome sort.

With this and everything else that is going on, you have to question whether LJ has got any kind of contol/respect from the players. 99.9% of players just want to play football, I think there are very serious issues if LF has joined the .1% who couldn't care less.

6 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Great. 

We let him rot until the end of the season we get nothing. 

Exactly. We've got our fee to lose. Freeman has a lot more to lose. Break his leg playing v Burnley, then what has he got left? 

He's as precarious as we are in this situation. Don't blame him at all. 

Its the gamble we took in the summer or 18m ago. We could have backed him to step up and renew or not.  By not doing so we left ourselves vulnerable. 

Christ Freeman would struggle to make my top 50 BCFC players; my loyalty is certainly with the club, but take a step back from it and he's totally vindicated. If he didn't step up this year we were prepared to release him. We were prepared to put the onus on him. Someone else wants him, local to his family and we're up in arms that he a) wants the move and b) doesn't want to jeopardise an ACL and medical bills we will only cover until June instead of get a fee now?

neither party is really in the right or wrong. 

Archived