IGNORED

Get lost Freeman. Now Confirmed, joined QPR.

WhistleHappy

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

Exactly. We've got our fee to lose. Freeman has a lot more to lose. Break his leg playing v Burnley, then what has he got left? 

He's as precarious as we are in this situation. Don't blame him at all. 

Its the gamble we took in the summer or 18m ago. We could have backed him them to step up and renew or not. By not doing so we left ourselves vulnerable. 

Christ Freeman would struggle to make my top 50 BCFC players; my loyalty is certainly with the club, but take a step back from it and he's totally vindicated. If he didn't step up this year we were prepared to release him. We were prepared to put the onus on him. Someone else wants him, local to his family and we're up in arms that he a) wants the move and b) doesn't want to jeopardise an ACL and medical bills we will only cover until June instead of get a fee now?

neither party is really in the right or wrong. 

400k at the most,forget collecting the poxy fee,it will send a message to other players in our squad 

14 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Yes I do. We all do. Johnson told us. He said Freemans heart wasn't in it. So how come he's now saying Freeman should have been available for selection today.

It's inconsistent and rubbish management.

Perhaps he got his head down and trained well, realising that with only a couple of days left he might not be ******* off just yet and better put a shift in?

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He can toddle on at the end of the season in my eyes,he didn't want to play today so he won't play for the rest of the season. Make a stand I say,what we going to get for him maybe 400k now if that,f him and let him rot

I think if you'd just spent 20m on players I think you'd see things differently. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

8b88cbef8fbfdc678bd48b0aa6975a97.png

Speaks for itself. A goal every 20 games and an assist every 10, from a player described as a creative playmaker :blink:

We have a centre back who's contributed more offensively!

Never let the facts get in the way of running around in a circle wearing a top knot 

Plenty of points to knock LJ on right now.

This isn't one for me.

From what it sound like, LJ asked Freeman to be involved today (maybe because QPR aren't in the cup so no chance of being tied), but he said no.

Now, regardless if LJ gave him the previous games off to think on his move, he's completely entitled to ask him to play today.  Freeman is in the wrong refusing, if that took place.

Same as Kodjia, I hope we fine him, then make some more money selling him.

You play when you're told, even if you don't fancy it. As Don Draper said; "THAT'S WHAT THE MONEY'S FOR!"

1 minute ago, samo II said:

This isn't one for me.

From what it sound like, LJ asked Freeman to be involved today (maybe because QPR aren't in the cup so no chance of being tied), but he said no.

Now, regardless if LJ gave him the previous games off to think on his move, he's completely entitled to ask him to play today.  Freeman is in the wrong refusing, if that took place.

You play when you're told, even if you don't fancy it. As Don Draper said; "THAT'S WHAT THE MONEY'S FOR!"

Quality post .

36 minutes ago, 29AR said:

You've never seen me in my notice period when I've moved firm ;) I could barely be arsed to log on as a result of being disgruntled for no gardening leave. 

I'm in the same situation now. Told in October I'm at risk of redundancy so I done what normal people would and got a job elsewhere. I've now been told I've got to work my three months notice. 

7 minutes ago, samo II said:

This isn't one for me.

Convincing post that :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, samo II said:

This isn't one for me.

Post of the day,I'm far from LJ biggest fan but when your asked to play for Bristol City you bloody play

Having spent a working lifetime managing "talent" I can assure you that mucking up contract negotiations and rubbishing them in public is not compatible with getting a great performance...There is no comparison between managing people who are easily replaceable and managing people who you need to run through walls for you and do things which are exceptional...and that's what professional footballers are expected to do week in week out. This reads to me like the club has lost control of the situation.

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Post of the day,I'm far from LJ biggest fan but when your asked to play for Bristol City you bloody play

Bang on! For a club who has given him a chance at this level, just shows the loyalty has gone from the game. 

Ta da Freeman, you were very over rated during your time here.

28 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Allow him to keep digging, I find it amusing

I particularly enjoy the point when he starts denying he said something, or accusing you of not being intelligent enough to understand his points. In fact during one "discussion" I seem to remember he accused me of not being able to understand my own posts! :blink:

By the way, I don't think he will see this post because I think he put me on his naughty list, sometime during the Cotterill era... :) 

33 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

400k at the most,forget collecting the poxy fee,it will send a message to other players in our squad 

What message is that?

- we will pay your weekly wage and you can fail to break a sweat;

- we will pay your weekly wage and you can get an inflated signing on fee;

- we will pay your wage and you can train in the reserves;

- we will pay your wage and ...

Don't forget Freeman will be in a position shortly to sign a pre-contract agreement with another club. 

This is a situation entirely of our own doing. Freeman struggled last year. We didn't want to commit to him whilst we were unsure he would step up. Fast forward 12m he's unsure he wants to commit to us when we're in a club-record run of defeats and another club higher in the league wants him. It's not like we wouldn't have sold him last January...

We are apparently bidding 300k for his replacement... and being snide at maybe a £400k fee. Freeman in shirt sales, in promotion, in the JPT has probably net costed us far less than the fee your talking about. 

18 minutes ago, samo II said:

This isn't one for me.

Nail on head.

Archived