IGNORED

Get lost Freeman. Now Confirmed, joined QPR.

WhistleHappy

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

So Freeman is 'relatively young' despite being a year older than Bobby Reid who you repeatedly say is not a young player, won't get better, isn't good enough (despite having a better goals/assists per game ratio) etc. Unbelievable.

Personally I hope Freeman toddling off leads to more game time for Bobby.

Recently rewatched a bunch of highlights from earlier in the season, and pretty clear how involved he was in a lot of our best attacking play.

Genuinly believe we've missed him.

44 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

So Freeman is 'relatively young' despite being a year older than Bobby Reid who you repeatedly say is not a young player, won't get better, isn't good enough (despite having a better goals/assists per game ratio) etc. Unbelievable.

My opinion was never 'BR won't get better'. I've always said he was a skilful player who had potential, but felt his potential was over rated by many and therefore very unlikely to be realised. I've also given him credit for recent improvement, while still not accepting he does enough, consistently, to be a regular choice.

Reid is still relatively young, but made his City debut almost 6 years ago. LF, at one year older, has had one disappointing year at City in the Championship not 3/4, as in Bobby's case, and often in L1. Very few have ever taken into account LF's age when criticising him, yet for Young Bobby it seems almost a permanent excuse.

Interesting that he is almost universally referred to as 'Young Bobby' on this forum, as though still a teenager, and I suspect there are many reading this thread unaware Freeman is only 1 year older.

I rate Freeman, obviously higher than you and others, and I'm disappointed he's gone. As I said I think the new manager :fingerscrossed: would have liked to inherit him and imo. he would likely have thrived with his confidence up through being played consistently and in his preferred position.

I don't know what happens to BR if LJ goes, but I suspect a new manager would neither rate him so highly, be so patient and forgiving of him, nor give him so many opportunities, and he might well be one to be moved on, much like Burns, Ayling and now Freeman by LJ.

1 minute ago, JHAGa said:

Bobby Reid has scored more goals and looked more threatening than Freeman in far less Championship appearances. I know which one I'd prefer.

The only thing Freeman has the edge over Bobby with is his set pieces.

I don't understand this Freeman set pieces myth? They're dog shit, first man or slowly lofted in to the keepers arms. I don't think I've ever seen Freeman whip in a real quick/dangerous cross.

Just now, Griffin said:

I don't understand this Freeman set pieces myth? They're dog shit, first man or slowly lofted in to the keepers arms. I don't think I've ever seen Freeman whip in a real quick/dangerous cross.

To be fair, I've probably got 14/15 stuck in my mind, when he picked out Flinty to many times. Like the rest of his game it's been lacking since promotion.

5 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

What's the loyalty bonus all about?

There's a common clause in football contracts which specifies a bonus to be paid to the player if they see their contract through to its conclusion. 

This is normally null and void if a player leaves of his own request whilst still contracted. 

If it's the club's decision to sell the player the bonus is still payable. 

This is what normally leads to the whole refusing to play thing. Basically forcing the club to sell you without actually ever asking to be sold. 

Just about the shittest thing you can do to a club that's been paying your wages for a few years but that's modern football. 

48 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

Luke was outstanding  in our promotion season . Seemed to have a fantastic future at the Club . All went wrong after the sending off in the first game back in the Championship. Welcome return to form in recent weeks.

Can't help thinking this has not been managed well by LJ. Interesting to see what position Holloway plays him and if he steps up to the new challenge. Still only 24 so the transfer could yet come back to haunt us.

Good luck Luke and thanks for the memories

Succinctly put. Exactly what I think.

Seeing as the luck we've had this season, I can see this one biting us on the arse.

Cunningham's got his revenge already. 

Oh well good luck to him, all over now.

One thing though - why did he not improve here, but instead stagnate/get worse. It seems teams like Barnsley can take these players, coach them, improve them and sell them on for a profit and as better players. Nearly every player who comes here whether young or old just seem to stop developing, or worse, their game deteriorate.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

There's a common clause in football contracts which specifies a bonus to be paid to the player if they see their contract through to its conclusion. 

This is normally null and void if a player leaves of his own request whilst still contracted. 

If it's the club's decision to sell the player the bonus is still payable. 

This is what normally leads to the whole refusing to play thing. Basically forcing the club to sell you without actually ever asking to be sold. 

Just about the shittest thing you can do to a club that's been paying your wages for a few years but that's modern football. 

Thanks for that.

I can understand a bonus for being successful, but a bonus for seeing out a contract, that's what the rest of us call wages isn't it? If he was contracted to me and refused to work, I'd be asking for money back. Refusing to play sounds like a breach of contract on his part.

6 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Thanks for that.

I can understand a bonus for being successful, but a bonus for seeing out a contract, that's what the rest of us call wages isn't it? If he was contracted to me and refused to work, I'd be asking for money back. Refusing to play sounds like a breach of contract on his part.

That's why contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on, all the power is with the player and they know it full well. 

1 hour ago, Libertine1 said:

"Get lost Freeman"

Embarrassing thread title. Whichever adult did that should be ashamed.

Its my thread originally but the 'title' has been changed... my title read  ' F Off, Freeman ' after he refused to play...  if they really had to change it now he's gone it should have become  'F ..ked Off Now - Freeman'    (agree 'get lost' sounds awful ..some people have no class eh?) :) 

30 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Oh well good luck to him, all over now.

One thing though - why did he not improve here, but instead stagnate/get worse. It seems teams like Barnsley can take these players, coach them, improve them and sell them on for a profit and as better players. Nearly every player who comes here whether young or old just seem to stop developing, or worse, their game deteriorate.

Something in the water?

7 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

Good luck Luke, always have nothing but good. Memory's but unfortunately never performed well enough on a consistent bases in the championship, shame after our premonition season I thought he was going to rip it apart.

What gets me is nobody told me anything in advance about that premonition season.

59 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Bitter about? 

Last season he had 2 assists and 1 goal all season in 41 appearances... people say he didn't perform, how is that bitter? I think its stating the obvious

The threads called get lost freeman. Sounds pretty bitter to me. 

He still lifted two trophies more than most of the wasters that pass through this club.

Archived