IGNORED

Get lost Freeman. Now Confirmed, joined QPR.

WhistleHappy

9 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Whereas if it was any other manager than Johnson your main point would be outrage at Freeman's actions.

You, personally, do not, and cannot, know that 'Johnson has handled it badly' is a fair assumption of the scenario. Unless you're Luke or Lee (I have an inkling you might not be Lee ;) )

You (and everyone else not immediately connected to the club) probably know about 1% of the actual detail of the situation. No doubt Ashton and Lansdown have been involved also, in addition to an agent and countless other parties, so how can you lay the blame solely at LJ's door without knowing the full situation? 

The answer is you can't, and if this exact same scenario happened under Cotterill your vitriol would be directed at the player. 

Correct.  

Because Cotterill is 10 times the man manager.

Source: someone with experience of both 

None of us know Freeman's reasons for wishing to leave

We can, however, make some informed guesses:-

1. More money

2. Nearer his home area

3. Not happy with the way he is being used by current manager

4. Belief his career has stalled

Good luck to him. Saw him play for Stevenage against City and thought he looked special.  Perhaps at QPR he can be.

Can't blame Luke for wanting to move on, LJ hasn't used him to his best advantage. Was probably Cotts best signing and played a major part in our promotion season. we should thank him for that.

Like other players signed by Cotts who LJ has released I expect him to show improvement once he's at his new club, a bargain for QPR.

20 hours ago, NickJ said:

Correct.  

Because Cotterill is 10 times the man manager.

Source: someone with experience of both 

I'm not convinced telling Ryan Fredericks to "**** off back to Spurs" within an hour of his debut, on the wrong side of defence, is great man management. And I liked SC.

Just now, WhistleHappy said:

There goes Peg, rabbiting on again as usual. :) 

That joke isn't bunny any more....

*Ahem*

Moving on swiftly, a poor decision to sell him to a direct rival. Let's hope he does little more than run across the pitch until he's got no passing options, for them.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

That joke isn't bunny any more....

*Ahem*

Moving on swiftly, a poor decision to sell him to a direct rival. Let's hope he does little more than run across the pitch until he's got no passing options, for them.

We've recouped our money for him though and from his point of view he's got himself a 3.5 year contract.

Based on what I've seen of him in this division I'd have been horrified if we'd offered him a 3 year contract extension.

This might come back to bite me but don't think he is good enough for the championship, good league 1 player defo his level.

Never have I seen a player step over the ball so many time and do nothing at all with it..

Thanks for the Title winning season but not shedding a tear to see him go.... 

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

We've recouped our money for him though and from his point of view he's got himself a 3.5 year contract.

Based on what I've seen of him in this division I'd have been horrified if we'd offered him a 3 year contract extension.

Improving player though, Kid - and still relatively young. Early in the season I'd have agreed with you.

I don;t really care that it's the right move for him. It's not the right move for us IMO.

Very disappointing.

Another exciting and relatively young player, still with great potential - see Ayling and Burns - that the coach really should have been determined to enhance to City's advantage.

If a new manager is on the near horizon no doubt at all he'd have liked to inherit LF in his City squad. 

I expect LF to thrive at QPR to be comfortable and exciting at Championship level, even under the despicable Hollowhead.

7 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

None of us know Freeman's reasons for wishing to leave

We can, however, make some informed guesses:-

1. More money

2. Nearer his home area

3. Not happy with the way he is being used by current manager

4. Belief his career has stalled

Good luck to him. Saw him play for Stevenage against City and thought he looked special.  Perhaps at QPR he can be.

5. I think his hairdresser is that way . 

Archived