IGNORED

Wallys latest tweet

Red Homer

Meanwhile the disillusioned squatters have now managed to get the cost of the transfer to us up to a cool £million !!!

The gift that keeps giving !!!

nottsgasheadal Avatar
nobbygas Avatar
I believe that was the amount stated for the Sell Out Clause...but that was just the purchase price. I think they also had to 'buy out' his contract....say 4k a week for another 18 months. Plus, the low purchase price meant that the snakes agent could demand a larger signing-on fee, let's say 500k. This would bring the total cost of the signing to around the 1m mark, plus the cost of his 2.5 year contract with the sh1t.
It is just my opinion of course, and not based on any facts. I reckon the large signing-on fee was also the reason other Championship clubs were not interested. 

Someone else has mentioned this 'buying out his contract' thing. I've never heard of this with transfers before. The only time I've heard of it is when managers move clubs and the new club has to pay compensation for the remainder of his previous contract.

Who knows what clauses are inserted into a contract ! While the snakes agent may have insisted on the release clause, Rovers may have insisted on the contract buy-out clause. 

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

1.We don't own the ground

2. We have a large squad, if we drop a division some will leave and if not the wage bill will be huge.

3. Our 'ones for the future' may want out if they see us back in the 3rd.

4. If we get shot of Johnson we have to pay him still and who's going to come in?

5. What confidence do you have we'll improve?  We've spent shitloads anyway

6.  Grounds pretty pointless with crowds of 12k.

7. If we drop who's not to say the rugby will take priority.

Basing our success on how crap Rovers are is pretty abysmal and exceedingly small time.

Jeez, lighten up FFS......

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

2. We have a large squad, if we drop a division some will leave and if not the wage bill will be huge.

4. If we get shot of Johnson we have to pay him still and who's going to come in?

Basing our success on how crap Rovers are is pretty abysmal and exceedingly small time.

I expect your sag mate will "like" this one to , splitter!

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Can I book you for my funeral now, just in case anyone looks like enjoying themselves.

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

I expect your sag mate will "like" this one to , splitter!

If you can come back with a response to the points raised to change my current view then feel free, just can't see anything but the drop at the mo.  Sorry for being a misery but pissing off Wael and the gas is lower on my list of priorities than staying in this sodding division.

Unfortunately Gloucester Rd will be closed following their next home game when they carry Wally down the road on their shoulders for selling their top striker to their biggest rivals for 300K (or whatever figure they believe it to be). Carry on Wally, your doing a fantastic job

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

If you can come back with a response to the points raised to change my current view then feel free, just can't see anything but the drop at the mo.  Sorry for being a misery but pissing off Wael and the gas is lower on my list of priorities than staying in this sodding division.

Then have a beer and relax.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can I book you for my funeral now, just in case anyone looks like enjoying themselves.

have you got life insurance ? beaglestreet looks best if not (I may have this wrong so don't believe me)

see my terms and conditions read the small print (sorry you cant see it but that's where all the really important stuff is).

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Meanwhile the disillusioned squatters have now managed to get the cost of the transfer to us up to a cool £million !!!

The gift that keeps giving !!!

nottsgasheadal Avatar
nobbygas Avatar
I believe that was the amount stated for the Sell Out Clause...but that was just the purchase price. I think they also had to 'buy out' his contract....say 4k a week for another 18 months. Plus, the low purchase price meant that the snakes agent could demand a larger signing-on fee, let's say 500k. This would bring the total cost of the signing to around the 1m mark, plus the cost of his 2.5 year contract with the sh1t.
It is just my opinion of course, and not based on any facts. I reckon the large signing-on fee was also the reason other Championship clubs were not interested. 

Someone else has mentioned this 'buying out his contract' thing. I've never heard of this with transfers before. The only time I've heard of it is when managers move clubs and the new club has to pay compensation for the remainder of his previous contract.

Who knows what clauses are inserted into a contract ! While the snakes agent may have insisted on the release clause, Rovers may have insisted on the contract buy-out clause. 

They really have no idea and are so stupid it hurts.....just making shit up to make themselves feel better. 

Boys, you've had your pants pulled down big time......and all of your own making 

14 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Well said. This is part of the bigger picture. Some can't see it or refuse to see it

21 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why do they persist with this suggestion that we're all terrified they're going to overtake us?! We've just completed a £45m stadium redevelopment and our owner continues to back us financially in the transfer market. Whereas Rovers....

It's a laughable suggestion at the best of times, but this week?! Glorious.

Oh and I also enjoyed "positive encouraging atmosphere".

IMG_4316.PNG

As has been discussed on here before by people like myself who have lived close to the Mem....they really aren't as loud as they believe they are, quite the opposite.

As for being '******* scared' :facepalm: seriously? It wasn't that long ago that we were bottom of L1 below clubs like Stevenage, Shrewsbury and Carlisle. Chances are they will, at some stage in the future, find themselves above us in the league, when it happens let's see if they can stay above us for 16+ years...I doubt it. Form is temporary...

I think poor old 'Socrates' has had a tough week by the looks of it. Poor lamb

40 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why do they persist with this suggestion that we're all terrified they're going to overtake us?! We've just completed a £45m stadium redevelopment and our owner continues to back us financially in the transfer market. Whereas Rovers....

It's a laughable suggestion at the best of times, but this week?! Glorious.

Oh and I also enjoyed "positive encouraging atmosphere".

IMG_4316.PNG

The encouraging atmosphere of racially abusing players, punching animals, pissing on "minorities", boob cricket. 

Just now, cynic said:

As I said, try their forum - they'd love you on there.

So we ask no questions?  We don't ask how there has been so much investment and we're still flirting with Div 3?

I suppose we are above the gas so who cares?  Small time mentality, no wonder this club goes nowhere.  At least next year we might get another trip to Wembley to win another paint pot.

The acceptance of mediocrity along with judging ourselves against an ex non league team with a tent as a a stand astounds me.

you keep the faith though.

1 minute ago, cynic said:

Goes without saying for most on here.

And that's why we'll always be where we are. I question why things are going wrong and try and find solutions, but I'm sure your crossed fingers will work magic.

Still no response to any of my points I notice?

11 minutes ago, cynic said:

Not worth it - its pure negative bollocks with nothing worth debating.

Try the gas forum, they really will welcome you.

If you or your mate were to offer something worth debating instead of just quoting shite, then maybe it would be worth it. But you don't, just negative crap with no perspective.

Seriously is that the best you've got? **** off and support the gas, really? Come on you can do better, prove why it's not that way. 

Not allowed to question? Great

Then we can all bend over and take league one football up the old rusty sheriff badge.

You show a distinct lack of Bollox 

Incidentally. You're not your.

It's a pedantic but when you type it out and can't see it I do worry

45 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Our squad isn't actually that big despite all the signings, which just shows what a mess it was before LJ took over.

Fortunately these things called contracts exist, which have our "ones for the future" tied down for a few years

The fact I've been going to the games and the vast majority haven't been bad performances.

Bottom of League 1 under SO'D we were getting 12-13k. With our squad we would be at the top of the division, last time that happened most games were sold out (albeit with a limited capacity). Even so it's a pointless argument as we won't be going down.

Well they recently got promoted to their top flight while we fought off relegation, they didn't become top priority then and they never have been at any point. 

20 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Even worse. 

Counter it if you think it rubbish as the rules of this forum state

I'm sure the forum rules also state something about staying on topic....this topic was about the camel worriers tweet.

if you want to debate LJ, our form and the general state of bcfc, there are plenty of threads already being discussed 

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Thanks for answering my points, I do appreciate it.  That's not being sarcastic btw.

The investment just scares me,  I know we can sell them on but for the amount of 'talent' we have why the hell are we there?

I can't believe any fan doesn't question that?  

And I was a massive LJ supporter and bought into the project 100%.

Archived