IGNORED

Wallys latest tweet

Red Homer

1 minute ago, RedRaw said:

I'm sure the forum rules also state something about staying on topic....this topic was about the camel worriers tweet.

if you want to debate LJ, our form and the general state of bcfc, there are plenty of threads already being discussed 

My original comment was about the fact we've been distracted by Wael and the blue few, as was probably his intention.

26 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

That's a very very poor response to some valid points.

Actually it's the response of someone who knows the truth when they read it

Well his first 'question' claimed we don't own our own ground which is bollocks. So I didn't bother reading the rest.

It sounded like the kind of shit a gashead would come out with.

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well his first 'question' claimed we don't own our own ground which is bollocks. So I didn't bother reading the rest.

If you buy BCFC do you get the ground?  An honest question, I don't know? 

Or do you have to buy BS for that?

I also know a holding company has been previously used to 'protect' the ground.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Dead right. This "we don't own the ground" line is repeated so often that it is being accepted as gospel. The ground is owned by Bristol City Holdings plc which is US! our board are the directors of THAT company. It is sub divided into two operating companies, Bristol City FC to run the football side and Ashton Gate Ltd which operates the stadium.

21 minutes ago, cynic said:

To be fair, I can normally only see your posts when someone quotes you, but I did make an exception - and then remembered why I have you on ignore.

Still not replying I see.

As I very rarely post here seems a waste of an ignore but to then actually to read what I said, I'm flattered. If you want a date you could always just ask, sweetheart 

6 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Dead right. This "we don't own the ground" line is repeated so often that it is being accepted as gospel. The ground is owned by Bristol City Holdings plc which is US! our board are the directors of THAT company. It is sub divided into two operating companies, Bristol City FC to run the football side and Ashton Gate Ltd which operates the stadium.

In which case I'm happy to stand corrected.

6 minutes ago, RumRed said:

If you buy BCFC do you get the ground?  An honest question, I don't know? 

Or do you have to buy BS for that?

I also know a holding company has been previously used to 'protect' the ground.

If you 'don't know' then why the frick are you spreading it as 'fact'? The ground,  like the club, is held under a holding company called Pula Sports based in Guernsey. Owned by Steve Lansdown. 

The ground and club cannot be separated under this arrangement.  

They're still very upset and short-fused over on gaschat.

We have a number of gas on here posting an entire spectrum of views. The responses they receive are far less neanderthal than over there. 

Their first response is always to spout abuse and get the poster banned. Very small-time. 

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

If you 'don't know' then why the frick are you spreading it as 'fact'? The ground,  like the club, is held under a holding company called Pula Sports based in Guernsey. Owned by Steve Lansdown. 

The ground and club cannot be separated under this arrangement.  

I appreciate the facts, at no point did I state a fact, I stated an opinion.

Just so I'm totally clear, Steve or a new owner cannot legally separate the two?

I'm honestly trying to understand btw.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why do they persist with this suggestion that we're all terrified they're going to overtake us?! We've just completed a £45m stadium redevelopment and our owner continues to back us financially in the transfer market. Whereas Rovers....

It's a laughable suggestion at the best of times, but this week?! Glorious.

Oh and I also enjoyed "positive encouraging atmosphere".

IMG_4316.PNG

Charge your phone Chip!

7 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I appreciate the facts, at no point did I state a fact, I stated an opinion.

Just so I'm totally clear, Steve or a new owner cannot legally separate the two?

I'm honestly trying to understand btw.

I'm sure Steve or a new owner could absolutely separate the two, so I can offer no comfort there. The point is,  as of now, they are held under one company owned by one person. Steve Lansdown owns the football club and the ground and that's been the same ever since he took over in 2000 or whenever it was.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'm sure Steve or a new owner could absolutely separate the two, so I can offer no comfort there. The point is,  as of now, they are held under one company owned by one person. Steve Lansdown owns the football club and the ground and that's been the same ever since he took over in 2000 or whenever it was.

Thanks KITR, I did truly want to know!

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

1.We don't own the ground

WE don't own anything. Steve Lansdown owns everything. Comment irrelevant .

2. We have a large squad, if we drop a division some will leave and if not the wage bill will be huge.

Some may leave, some may stay and the finances will be managed.

3. Our 'ones for the future' may want out if they see us back in the 3rd.

As many of "the ones for the future" have never played regular Championship football most would be really happy playing for 1st team in L1

4. If we get shot of Johnson we have to pay him still and who's going to come in?

A new Manager would come in and paying off LJ is not your problem - not now, not ever

5. What confidence do you have we'll improve?  We've spent shitloads anyway

Because many of us still  believe. The money is immaterial- it's not ours to lose. It's not ours to gain either.

6.  Grounds pretty pointless with crowds of 12k.

I'd only expect that type of comment from the gas. Really I would.

7. If we drop who's not to say the rugby will take priority.

More sentiment taken from the book of gas. Both sports are a priority . Please note they're run separately.

Basing our success on how crap Rovers are is pretty abysmal and exceedingly small time.

Only the most deluded of City fans base our success on the failure of the gas. It's just a satisfying bonus .......like leather , walnut dash and the Spirit of Ecstasy on Marina's Rolls Royce.

Hang your head in shame.

16 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I would imagine if he was ever inclined to sell a purchaser would have to buy Bristol Sport lock stock and barrel because SL has a commitment certainly to the rugby club and probably the Flyers if they become a success.

49 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Still not replying I see.

As I very rarely post here seems a waste of an ignore but to then actually to read what I said, I'm flattered. If you want a date you could always just ask, sweetheart 

"....but to then actually to read.."?!

Didn't you read that back to yourself before you posted? Or too busy picking up others on getting 'your' and 'you're' wrong?!

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yet you don't worry about your last sentence which just doesn't make sense? 

"It's a pedantic..."

A pedantic what?!

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

"....but to then actually to read.."?!

Didn't you read that back to yourself before you posted? Or too busy picking up others on getting 'your' and 'you're' wrong?!

I wholeheartedly apologise. Poor effort on my part. I need to double check before the phone updates. It is shoddy on my behalf.

Perhaps I should concentrate on The Man in the High Castle and not what some failure apologist says on an unimportant Internet forum 

Let's look at it logically.

You brought our top scorer,not our best player - but our top scorer in a move you've all enjoyed.. We knew that MT would be off for the rumoured £300k release fee to someone in the window - it just happened to be you .And you've quite righty milked it, almost like "pulling on a big ,fat birds saggy tities from bedminster" 

Wael's ... ( or should I use the city code ) - Aka...The wally. Posted a very much tough in cheek,Twitter post ....in which is kinda true,  and some of you have bitten.

4 minutes ago, icegas said:

You brought our top scorer,not our best player - but our top scorer in a move you've all enjoyed.. We knew that MT would be off for the rumoured £300k release fee to someone in the window - it just happened to be you .And you've quite righty milked it, almost like "pulling on a big ,fat birds saggy tities from bedminster" 

Wael's ... ( or should I use the city code ) - Aka...The wally. Posted a very much tough in cheek,Twitter post ....in which is kinda true,  and some of you have bitten.

Bitten..or taken the piss ?- if the latter then we are laughing along with your owner so alls good then..

11 minutes ago, icegas said:

Will excuse the abysmal Grammar on this occasion as it cant be easy typing a post with your mum sat on your face.

9 minutes ago, icegas said:

Really? Because even if it wasn't City who bought him, you would've levelled vitriol at him where ever he ended up.. clearly not as venomous but still, how could he leave the 6th biggest club in the land with their brand spanking new stadium imminent? you'd be shell shocked :blink:

Regardless if he wasn't your best player, 67 goals in 132 appearances (something like that) is a huge loss and no real way of filling that void right now.

Keep your official party line going if it helps you sleep at night, hope you're done crying now :)

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Let's say a proven League 2 goalscorer is worth £500k.

Now let's say a proven League 1 goalscorer is worth £1m.

So in the summer we could have got something worth £500k for free. But now we are getting something worth £1m for £300k - an even better deal for City.

You can argue the exact figures but regardless it shows what a weak argument that tweet is - and how gullible they are on gaschat for lapping it up.

Wigan signed Omar Bogle from League 2 Grimsby for an initial £750k plus another £250k add ons. Compared to that, Taylor's £300k is peanuts 

Archived