IGNORED

Wallys latest tweet

Red Homer

21 minutes ago, icegas said:

Let's look at it logically.

You brought our top scorer,not our best player - but our top scorer in a move you've all enjoyed.. We knew that MT would be off for the rumoured £300k release fee to someone in the window - it just happened to be you .And you've quite righty milked it, almost like "pulling on a big ,fat birds saggy tities from bedminster" 

Wael's ... ( or should I use the city code ) - Aka...The wally. Posted a very much tough in cheek,Twitter post ....in which is kinda true,  and some of you have bitten.

So just to be clear: everyone knew the release fee was £300,000. As had been discussed publicly as early as last August. And you all knew he was going to sell for £300,000 (not £10million) in the January window? That's what I thought as well. So we're cool?

10 minutes ago, icegas said:

Wael's ... ( or should I use the city code ) - Aka...The wally. Posted a very much tough in cheek,Twitter post ....in which is kinda true,  and some of you have bitten.

What's true about it?

300k? Great, now we're all clear then

120 days ago? Doesn't make sense. That would have been around October when he was in contract and outside the transfer window, so no, we couldn't have got him for nothing.

We could have done in August yet the "snake" signed a contract extension ensuring your club got some money, an amount dopey and your clueless board agreed to.

Now the clown at the top is attempting to deflect the fact they ballsed up by posting a "tongue in cheek" tweet which you lot lap up.......wonder what the EFL will think of this seeing as you've just gone whining to them crying foul play 

28 minutes ago, icegas said:

You brought our top scorer,not our best player - but our top scorer in a move you've all enjoyed.. We knew that MT would be off for the rumoured £300k release fee to someone in the window - it just happened to be you .And you've quite righty milked it, almost like "pulling on a big ,fat birds saggy tities from bedminster" 

If he's not your best player who is?

Whilst your here can you tell us his release clause? so we can snap him up also for peanuts. 

36 minutes ago, icegas said:

You knew he'd be off for £300k?...  but have complained to the FA that he went for £300k? 

Where's the sense in that? 

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Whilst your here can you tell us his release clause? so we can snap him up also for peanuts. 

He's shit dont you know!! 67 goals in 132 games is a record ANY striker would be regarded as slightly better than shit. 

Ah well, bargain for essentially free with our £300k sale of Freeman. 

What is priceless is the sheer bitterness towards both MT and City from the Gash. Sour grapes. Poor board decision. Poor Dopey quoting £10m when he mustve known £300k would do it and covering himself saying only he knows why MT wasnt approached by other Championship clubs. 

The blue few from the minimal really couldnt be any more bitter. 

Cant wait for the UWE to fall through. That will sure to be our fault too!!!

2 hours ago, RumRed said:

1.We don't own the ground

2. We have a large squad, if we drop a division some will leave and if not the wage bill will be huge.

3. Our 'ones for the future' may want out if they see us back in the 3rd.

4. If we get shot of Johnson we have to pay him still and who's going to come in?

5. What confidence do you have we'll improve?  We've spent shitloads anyway

6.  Grounds pretty pointless with crowds of 12k.

7. If we drop who's not to say the rugby will take priority.

Basing our success on how crap Rovers are is pretty abysmal and exceedingly small time.

Your certainly a glass half full kinda bloke ain't ya?

1. Tell me a football club that does own it's own Stadium? Like it or not the owners own everything from the stadium to the corner flags.

2. For a long time we had a small squad, I bet you moaned about how small it was! Now your moaning about how big is is.

3. Being relegated may actually give a hell of a lot of players a chance. 

5. There are worse teams than us. I think everything is starting to click for us and we will finish comfortably. 

6. The ticket sales isn't what is important. Its the corporate stuff where the money is now.

7. Congratulations you have just confirmed to me you are a sag, as that's what they all say.

1 minute ago, Barry Sheene said:

Maybe he's saying in 120 days we could have got him for nothing not got him for nothing 120 days ago.

And neither point in time would have suited us. 

Like booking a free week in Cornwall in the middle of January. 

51 minutes ago, icegas said:

If you look at this logically you should be blaming nobody but your club for a small price tag for a player your world class manager deemed £10 million just a couple of weeks ago.

But of course not, it's everyone else's fault. Plucky adored Rovers the envy of many loved and adored all of the world being hard done by is not on. 

26 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

That's down to personal opinion, but players that I think have more potential than Taylor are - Lockyer, Leadbitter, Ollie Clarke, James and Harrison (yes the one that wants to join you )

Two players that are of much more value to us as players than Taylor was right now are, Lines and Billy Bodin.Not for there re -sale value , but what they offer us as players and our style of play.

3 minutes ago, icegas said:

That's down to personal opinion, but players that I think have more potential than Taylor are - Lockyer, Leadbitter, Ollie Clarke, James and Harrison (yes the one that wants to join you )

Two players that are of much more value to us as players than Taylor was right now are, Lines and Billy Bodin.Not for there re -sale value , but what they offer us as players and our style of play.

Pretty obvious that the vast majority of Gas don't agree with that statement because of the amount of vitriol directed towards MT and City is a poor reflection on your club,ask yourself where you would have been without the service of MT over the last couple of years,still trying to punch players at Braintree i would  hazard a guess,He's gone, let it go and move on. 

3 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

If you look at this logically you should be blaming nobody but your club for a small price tag for a player your world class manager deemed £10 million just a couple of weeks ago.

But of course not, it's everyone else's fault. Plucky adored Rovers the envy of many loved and adored all of the world being hard done by is not on. 

There's no blame imho it's bussiness.You offered Matthew a better job, and he took it.

During the summer we offered him a new contract but he strung us along until days before the new season talking to other clubs, in his hope that a championship club would snap him up.When that didnt happen he came back to us as we offered him the most money out of the clubs that were on the table - but only in agreement that the token release fee be added.

As a club we were stuck between a rock and a hard place. We've offered our top goalscorer a new contract and he has messed us about and you sign his replacement. Then at the last minute Taylor says he'll resign.

What do we do? Tell your top goalscorer that says he will resign to **** Off, or bite the bullet and grab the £300k and 16 goals as it's clear he would be off in Januray of he does well.

16 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Pretty obvious that the vast majority of Gas don't agree with that statement because of the amount of vitriol directed towards MT and City is a poor reflection on your club,ask yourself where you would have been without the service of MT over the last couple of years,still trying to punch players at Braintree i would  hazard a guess,He's gone, let it go and move on. 

Any player at there career peak (which for MT he is right now) would create that kinda reaction to swapping rivals colours.Don't kid yourself into thinking that if roles were reversed that city fans wouldn't have reacted in the same way as Gashead have.

Phillips move from you to us was a sideways,if not backwards move for him career wise -  yet he got death threats.

Mr Wael. 

Please note that nobody believes that this sale amounts to some sort of genius business by you. If anything all we have done is give you back his wages for the last 6 months (that's 180 days btw). If you are truly happy with this deal then I believe it can only be because you have removed your top earner from the payroll. I doubt it is still anywhere near manageable though.

17 minutes ago, icegas said:

Any player at there career peak (which for MT he is right now) would create that kinda reaction to swapping rivals colours.Don't kid yourself into thinking that if roles were reversed that city fans wouldn't have reacted in the same way as Gashead have.

Phillips move from you to us was a sideways,if not backwards move for him career wise -  yet he got death threats.

I'd be absolutely amazed if that was true.

I know that's what he claimed but my memory of Phillips transfer to you was that there was very little anger towards him over it...we thought he was a bit of prat maybe. Some of us thought he could've stayed in L1, but no real hatred that I can remember. 

I reckon any grief he may have received from City fans only came after the JPT games in 2007.

1 hour ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

I wholeheartedly apologise. Poor effort on my part. I need to double check before the phone updates. It is shoddy on my behalf.

Perhaps I should concentrate on The Man in the High Castle and not what some failure apologist says on an unimportant Internet forum 

Just responding to you picking someone else up on their grammatical errors whilst ignoring your own......and to highlight how petty it really is...

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not an inch of class. Totally juvenile and unprofessional. Not at all the conduct of a supposed 'billionaire'. Could you imagine SL stopping to such farce?

You just know that if SL done something like that, the Gas lags would be swarming all over it...

However SL has too much class unlike the pretend billionaire it seems

1 minute ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

You just know that if SL done something like that, the Gas lags would be swarming all over it...

However SL has too much class unlike the pretend billionaire it seems

If SL tweeted something similar his addresses would be posted online and death threats given to him quicker than you can say pikeys.

10 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I'd be absolutely amazed if that was true.

I know that's what he claimed but my memory of Phillips transfer to you was that there was very little anger towards him over it...we thought he was a bit of prat maybe. Some of us thought he could've stayed in L1, but no real hatred that I can remember. 

I reckon any grief he may have received from City fans only came after the JPT games in 2007.

Well I knew a mutual friend of his at the time and I know it was 100% true.

Also, Phillips was on TV the other day and confirmed this himself.

It would seem odd that given he is no longer in the Bristol spotlight -  even tho he is paid by Rovers, that he would want to stir up any trouble for himself by lying on local media while talking about the Taylor abuse and the trouble he once had as it makes no sense.

19 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not an inch of class. Totally juvenile and unprofessional. Not at all the conduct of a supposed 'billionaire'. Could you imagine SL stopping to such farce?

O..k... but - but its ok for SL to be as childish to create all this (very cringeworthy ) #Welcome to Bristol or,  # Making Bristol proud..  rubbish.

Better still, remember when he said no one would speak about Bristol Rovers anymore! 

Wael in terms of class, and lack of ego is in a different league to SL and I'm not just saying it as he owns my club.

It was a cheeky dig at you after a week your club is quite proud to say you got one over on its local neighbour's 

20 minutes ago, icegas said:

Better still, remember when he said no one would speak about Bristol Rovers anymore! 

Ahh, great...When did this actually happen? Whenever Gasheads have brought this up before on here they've been unable to actually tell me when I ask them.

Ive been led to believe that the "no one will talk about Rovers anymore" quote was purely in answer to criticism that you had plans to redevelop the Mem and we seemed to have no similar ambitions (although clearly behind the scenes the club were coming up with the plans for Ashton Vale).

Maybe that's wrong though, I dunno

Over to you....

54 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No he wouldn't because he would get his facts and figures correct first and thats why he's a billionaire and why Wally is a fake billionaire. 

1 hour ago, icegas said:

Thanks but no thanks, I think your now just trying to sell us some really rubbish players. The 300k must have gone to your head and now you want more of the pie?

I don't blame you tho, 300k for a team like yours must seem like millions.

Unfortunately I've seen many Rovers fans over the years patting each other on the backs telling each other that your the best and most loyal fans in the world, so wouldn't surprise me if you also think your players are the greatest too when in fact they would struggle to get into many other teams.

Lines couldn't cut it in the Championship so was sent packing and eventually he came back to you and you all thought he was a hero because he played a couple of games in the Championship. 

6 hours ago, JHAGa said:

Haven't spent a penny since becoming 3rd richest club in the country but it's all well and good because their owner made a joke about selling their star player directly to their rivals for £300k. :laugh:

Shite that's a long time without going, their collective bladder must be fit to burst by now.... hope they spend some of that 'down the back of the sofa' loose change SL gave 'em this week on some more Porta-loo's for the Mem camp site - before half of Horfield gets flooded in Gas piss. 

7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Thanks but no thanks, I think your now just trying to sell us some really rubbish players. The 300k must have gone to your head and now you want more of the pie?

I don't blame you tho, 300k for a team like yours must seem like millions.

Unfortunately I've seen many Rovers fans over the years patting each other on the backs telling each other that your the best and most loyal fans in the world, so wouldn't surprise me if you also think your players are the greatest too when in fact they would struggle to get into many other teams.

Just 13 places in the league standings fella.Remember the days when there was a real gap?

Also didn't you hear? We brought some new grass yesterday in order to grow some carrots, as well as a couple of spuds to play in our first team.

I guess some wally will still nibble at that. ;-) 

11 minutes ago, icegas said:

Just 13 places in the league standings fella.Remember the days when there was a real gap?

Also didn't you hear? We brought some new grass yesterday in order to grow some carrots, as well as a couple of spuds to play in our first team.

I guess some wally will still nibble at that. ;-) 

I'm sure at one point in the past, most likely even this season at the start, we must have been 13 places behind the likes of Man United, Chelsea etc. Doesn't put us in the same league as them tho does it?

Unfortunately for you your club has reached its maximum height. Ok maybe one day you will fluke a season in this league (not anytime soon may I add) but right now your likely at the pinnacle of what your likely to achieve. 

The only way is down for your club.

As we have found and countless other clubs, it's easy to steamroller through the lower leagues but once you get to this level it is tough, signing players from non league just won't do.

You need to be able to offer the wages, have a good stadium, have good training facilities, have good coaches, be able to pay transfer fees(do you know what a transfer fee is?) etc etc. Even we have struggled with this over the years, although it is finally all coming together, how you could ever even think you could play at this level without being embarrassed really is laughable.

Even your own manager said the other day you haven't got the infrastructure to compete in League One let alone the Championship. You need to start lowering your expectations somewhat.

Here's a stat for you, you sold your best play to your rivals for 300k, we sold our best player at that time to Aston Villa for 15 million. 

From where I'm standing that gap isn't getting any smaller.

Here's another stat, even our U23 squad cost more than your whole team and each and every player on our books on pro terms would walk straight into your team.

Archived