IGNORED

This forum

GJS

32 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

He hasn't got an excuse but that's not the point. You said that no decent manager goes on that sort of run, I just gave you one that did. 

His father is a decent manager? Since when? He managed to get us promoted out of Division 3. Should not be that difficult for one of the largest clubs in that league.

Missed out on play-off final or should it be messed up play-off final? So what has he done since? Just an average lower league manager, not the bloody Messiah!

And have you ever thought that he is the one who may be giving LJ all the crap advice on how to manage his way out of 11 points out of the last 55?

9 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

His father is a decent manager? Since when? He managed to get us promoted out pf Division 3. Should not be that difficult for one of the largest clubs in that league.

Missed out on play-off final or should it be messed up play-off final? So what has he done since? Just an average lower league manager, not the bloody Messiah!

And have you ever thought that he is the one who may be giving LJ all the crap advice on how to manage his way out of 11 points out of the last 55?

Maybe just a better manager than or 'More decent than'

Lumsdenh

Smith

Osman

Benny

Wilson

Pulis

Gorman

Ward

SOD

Millen

McInnes

Tinnion

etc

etc

etc

Is that fair to say ?

By the way you have to get to a Play Off Final before you can allow any debate whether you 'messed it up' 

12 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

His father is a decent manager? Since when? He managed to get us promoted out of Division 3. Should not be that difficult for one of the largest clubs in that league.

Don't be silly. 

2 minutes ago, GJS said:

Does is rhyme?

Have a think about it. Maybe repeat the words over.

Now, does it rhyme?

You don't need to resort to calling me a cock. It's very immature to be honest. 

Thanks for your input

It doesn't rhyme , I just thought it an appropriate word 

Now suggest you get back to re writing the UEFA Coaching Manual.  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, GJS said:

Is very negative.

i can completely understand why. I understand that we have not been playing great for a long time, but we have just got through a tough week with 4 points.

Football is quite obviously about confidence and the players must have been at an all time low after our worse run in history. Today would have been very nerve racking for the players and they would have been so nervous about losing the game.

At the start of the season we had confidence and were picking up points week in week out. If this comes back we will definitely start picking up points week in week out again.

The monkey is now off their backs, leading up to a very tough run of games. I'm confident we can pick up a respectable 4 points now.

I find it fascinating that this forum is full of such negative fans. I don't see this negativity as much in the real world. 

If you look carefully, I think that you will find that it is Lee Johnson's tactics that are negative...

2 hours ago, JHAGa said:

It's incredible isn't it. Not until today have I realised quite how much people want Lee to fail.

Nonsense.

2 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

We won the league and cup double and people couldnt wait for SC to fail.

Its ingrained in the club. We dont want success we couldnt cope. 

More nonsense.

2 hours ago, GJS said:

Not god I'm afraid. I'm just a lot more knowledgeable than many of you posting on this forum.

Even more nonsense.

1 hour ago, milo1111 said:

I'll look foward to people defending LJ when we take 1 point max out of the next 4 games 'as they were all hard fixtures' or 'no one expected anything from these tough games'.... blah... blah.....   when the real crime is that he lost 8 mostly winnable games on the trot which has left us in the excrement in the first place. His position was untebale after cardiff, he will never turn the tide against him.

You could well be correct. I hope not as we could get relegated. I'm behind LJ cus I don't want to play in league one yet again. I don't think he's the man and has maybe lost a lot of supporters. **** the politics I wanna stay up, not for LJ to be adored 

2 hours ago, GJS said:

He had a similar run at Barnsley before hitting some great form mind.

This is the exact problem. 

I like LJ, and would love him to succeed, he's a young manager with potential (I think / thought...).

Until today. 

The run at Barnsley, which has been referenced on here a number of times, is a great cause for concern, or at least it should be given the re-occurrence of such a bad run here.

I don't care that he had a REALLY bad run before and then "hit some form". Where the heck is the demonstration of learning there from LJ? Where is the improvement and experience gained to not repeat such poor form? Where is the back to basics to stop the rot? It just seems to me like a repeat scenario. 

Today was horrendous. I don't think the team had a plan. I didn't at the start of the season either but was happy to put that down to the team needing time to "gel". Time's up on that excuse I'm afraid. We never looked likely to score at any point in the game, barring a couple of frantic breaks towards the end of the game. No game-plan, certainly not in relation to scoring goals. 

I want him to do well, but the truth is he just isn't. Which personally I think is really really sad for everyone at this fine club. 

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

That's bollocks. I've never seen such unprecedented support for a manager. 

The truth is, people are starting to realise that we don't have the right man in charge. Scraping past Rotherham is hardly what we all imagined is it now?

the football we're playing is shit. We have the best squad we've ever had and somehow all of the ability is being coached out of them. And beating a shit Rotherham side is not going to paper over he cracks for most. 

And that's fair enough when we were on that awful run and criticism will be fair in the future if we lose games. However, my defence of LJ today is because this week we've got 4 points from 6 and the forum is more negative than ever.

8 hours ago, JHAGa said:

And that's fair enough when we were on that awful run and criticism will be fair in the future if we lose games. However, my defence of LJ today is because this week we've got 4 points from 6 and the forum is more negative than ever.

It is negative because of the performance level yesterday.

I think all of us (one or two exceptions) wanted a win, and a lot of us didn't really didn't care about how it came. At the end of the day, it's about getting 3 points.  Having said that, I think most of us expected a better performance against the division's bottom side.  That is where the negativity comes from.

I dread to think what this place (and AG) would've been like had Ward's shot or Litts's chest rebounded in and we'd lost, especially with the late goals from Blackburn and Burton.  I think their results and the lateness of their wins have also had an affect.  We are going into a run of (probably) 4 away games with a buffer of 3 points, when it looked like it would be 5.

The negativity, is also concern.  There's no emergency loan to help us should we slip into the bottom three.

4 points out of 6 in a week is a start, but everyone expected / demanded 3 of those, so the point against Wednesday was  encouraging.  I'm not sure it's the reason to defend LJ....but not going to criticise you for doing so.

Finally, these basket case clubs who are worse than us, so we don't need to worry about relegation.

lets just take short term form, say last 6 games, where City gave 4 points....and see what the others have taken:

Rotherham - 3

Wigan - 7

Blackburn - 8

Burton - 6

heres the table for the rest of the sides in the bottom half.

IMG_0862.PNG

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

BTW

Still waiting for you to explain how you you are 'a lot more knowledgable ' than  'many'  of the  posters on here

The floor is yours.........

Right Bob......we await , a lot of us would like to know who the font of knowledge is :yes:

Archived