IGNORED

This forum

GJS

20 hours ago, JHAGa said:

It's incredible isn't it. Not until today have I realised quite how much people want Lee to fail.

I really don't think you are right that 'people' want LJ to fail.

Yes you can argue the I will boo thread and the fact it got eight likes, however the vast majority want the club to succeed regardless of the manager.

No one in their right mind wants failure on any terms for this club (that I have supported for well over 50 years) under any circumstances, nevertheless we are bad.

We have wasted money and talent across the board. Now we have Magnusson and Engval sitting in the stand. No clear way for Tomlin to play and a kid of 19 playing alone up front!

Not to mention Patterson, Odowda, Brownhill being picked to start and then dropping to the stands. Bobby Reid has all but disappeared, the goalkeeper who was hailed as the signing of the century in September playing at Rotherham, the England U20 captain at Bury. DiGirolamo, who was hailed as being just behind Tomlin at Cheltenham...I could go on.

I like the five bought in the window, but we have reverted from a young hungry side to a team that has lost the ability to pass and move effectively and we have now reverted to having to hit long balls to the big bloke, to chase a game as no one really wants to get on the ball. (Taylor and Cotterill to be fair wanted it yesterday)

This is not wanting LJ to fail, its just what is in front of us. In our history no manager has had the backing that LJ has had from the bank to matchday and he continues to receive it. But patience is now thin and that's not wanting failure, but a symptom of failure.

20 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What on earth is your evidence for that? Better than the squad we had in the late 70s?

I do take your point. But our late 70's squad was hardly a squad by today's standards. It was the starting 11 one sub and a couple in case of injury.

20 hours ago, GJS said:

Well. Last two games we have gained good points.

Before that. Not great.

Before that is was going well.

As I mentioned before. Football is all about confidence. 

Now, ladies and gentlemen , is an UNDERSTATEMENT !!!

18 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

His father is a decent manager? Since when? He managed to get us promoted out of Division 3. Should not be that difficult for one of the largest clubs in that league.

Missed out on play-off final or should it be messed up play-off final? So what has he done since? Just an average lower league manager, not the bloody Messiah!

And have you ever thought that he is the one who may be giving LJ all the crap advice on how to manage his way out of 11 points out of the last 55?

Also, in that play-off final didn't GJ bring on LJ and put him in RB position if I recall correctly!!!

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes

Hes been held up at a FIFA Technical meeting apparently , no phones allowed in FIFA meetings

:whistle:

Sorry for the late reply.

Im not going to go into the reasons why as I'll be shot down as a relative of the Johnson's or something similar.

To be honest I can't be bothered to argue over an Internet forum anymore. We are worlds apart in our opinions so we will never get anywhere then I just get called a cock, dick or something else.

We should agree to disagree for now.

Maybe these arguments would be better face to face but I can tell we probably wouldn't get along.

13 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

4 points from the last two games - this time last week, we were all praying for this and yet people are still moaning!

Yesterday was never going to be "champagne football" was it?!

LJ made some brave substitutions and guess what........they paid off!

Brave perhaps. Desperate, definitely.

You're right, yesterday was unlikely to be champagne football. Being realistic, from where we are now, the quality of football is not the most important thing - it's results that count the most. We have a team full of players lacking in confidence and playing with fear - hardly surprising after the last 3 months. Hopefully 2 positive results will help improve things, but the next 4 games will test that slight recovery.

On 04/02/2017 at 20:32, GJS said:

Well. Last two games we have gained good points.

Before that. Not great.

Before that is was going well.

As I mentioned before. Football is all about confidence. 

Gary Johnson Senior? Stop defending your grandson 

Utterly ridiculous that people lay into the OP for his opinion. 

It is true that this forum has a band of extremely negative and critical posters. You all use this forum to vent your frustration at LJ and the board. Fine.

But many of these posters, not all, are seriously guilty of hounding out anyone who might disagree with you, so those few can convince themselves that they're the majority. 

The OP, like everyone, is equally entitled to vent his frustration by disagreeing with some of the negativity on here. 

His voice is a valid as yours. 

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

It is true that this forum has a band of extremely negative and critical posters. You all use this forum to vent your frustration at LJ and the board. Fine.

But many of these posters, not all, are seriously guilty of hounding out anyone who might disagree with you, so those few can convince themselves that they're the majority. 

The OP, like everyone, is equally entitled to vent his frustration by disagreeing with some of the negativity on here. 

Very true - rightly or wrongly it happens

Sadly it is bourne from the frustration of watching our team self implode !

• Admin
14 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

4 points from the last two games - this time last week, we were all praying for this and yet people are still moaning!

Yesterday was never going to be "champagne football" was it?!

LJ made some brave substitutions and guess what........they paid off!

It wasn't even fizzy water !

Interesting how LJ even said he knew his subs would win us the game, well why didn't he change it around to start with?

Everyone else in the ground could see nothing was working, he could have changed the shape / formation of the team long before the need for the subs

• Admin
11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If you've read the thread @phantom I think you will find it's more to do with the below

Not god I'm afraid. I'm just a lot more knowledgeable than many of you posting on this forum.

Saw that, as it was a Saturday evening just hoped for @GJS that they were drunk!!

Surely nobody is that self righteous? Well apart from we know who on here

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Saw that, as it was a Saturday evening just hoped for @GJS that they were drunk!!

Surely nobody is that self righteous? Well apart from we know who on here

Ha.

I had been drinking and definitely regretted some things I posted.

I never really post too much on here but read a lot.

The negative posters got to me on Saturday and I said some silly things.

7 hours ago, GJS said:

Ha.

??  Yes mate, I think you will have a hard job convincing some people you are not one of the Johnson's or a plant, very odd

On 04/02/2017 at 20:46, 29AR said:

You're my boy typically Fordy but I'm disagreeing here. 

The squad ain't that good. It's pretty good mind. The biggest problem is our rotund gobshite. He isn't actually that good. He's that good when he wants to be (Sheff W) or if he has a point to prove (Sheff W). The second he's comfortable (post Sheff W) he's a complete tosser. For me, do not consider him part of the squad. He should be sold. 

Then we have Tammy. He's great. Absolute poacher's instinct. But that's literally what he has (no slurrr, that's enough to get you Prem time, but he ain't a Chelsea first teamer in the making IM controversial O). He doesn't bully, doesn't hassle, really, doesn't have immense Adebola-esque physicality - just absolutely lethal within 10 yards and with a leg flick. 

Of the rest we have Hegeler who is seriously good, and remaindermen of big standard championship quality with the potential to gel in to much, much more. I don't see us in a position any manager from Aug would have had us that much higher in as a minimum.. although I think some would have.

I think we are where we are as a club exactly where we are as a squad: BIG foundations, making small steps and showing significant promise. I'm still looking at some players thinking in a years time with these boys you could look dynamite  

I still think next year, we could well have something. We just need to embed some confidence, embed the new defence, get the midfield actually closing for once and get next year's players going.. Tammy ain't here next year and ain't getting loaned out again by Chelsea. We hold the cards on him. Bench him, get Djuric and Taylor playing. And for christs sake F Lee Tomlin - he needs no accommodating. 

Maybe Tomlin really hates Sheff W.

12 hours ago, Alessandro said:

It's often the same few over and over.

Maybe the clique thread was right :ph34r:

On 04/02/2017 at 20:37, Kid in the Riot said:

What on earth is your evidence for that? Better than the squad we had in the late 70s?

Ah. Should've been more specific and said "in my lifetime". I'm afraid I don't have enough knowledge of anything before 1990 to be able to comment. 

On 04/02/2017 at 20:46, 29AR said:

You're my boy typically Fordy but I'm disagreeing here. 

The squad ain't that good. It's pretty good mind. The biggest problem is our rotund gobshite. He isn't actually that good. He's that good when he wants to be (Sheff W) or if he has a point to prove (Sheff W). The second he's comfortable (post Sheff W) he's a complete tosser. For me, do not consider him part of the squad. He should be sold. 

Then we have Tammy. He's great. Absolute poacher's instinct. But that's literally what he has (no slurrr, that's enough to get you Prem time, but he ain't a Chelsea first teamer in the making IM controversial O). He doesn't bully, doesn't hassle, really, doesn't have immense Adebola-esque physicality - just absolutely lethal within 10 yards and with a leg flick. 

Of the rest we have Hegeler who is seriously good, and remaindermen of big standard championship quality with the potential to gel in to much, much more. I don't see us in a position any manager from Aug would have had us that much higher in as a minimum.. although I think some would have.

I think we are where we are as a club exactly where we are as a squad: BIG foundations, making small steps and showing significant promise. I'm still looking at some players thinking in a years time with these boys you could look dynamite  

I still think next year, we could well have something. We just need to embed some confidence, embed the new defence, get the midfield actually closing for once and get next year's players going.. Tammy ain't here next year and ain't getting loaned out again by Chelsea. We hold the cards on him. Bench him, get Djuric and Taylor playing. And for christs sake F Lee Tomlin - he needs no accommodating. 

Hi 29, apologies for my delayed response. Firstly let me echo your sentiment. It's always pleasing to have such an endorsement from someone I consider to be one of the best posters on here. 

I wholly appreciate your issues with LT. he is no doubt a gobshite. But we've all had that one job where we've had a boss you hate working for. A boss whose decisions you don't necessarily agree with and as a result your quality of work suffers. Now... I've seen the "Me & the gaffer are best mates" interview and Whereas I don't dispute that it may now be water under the bridge, I don't necessarily believe that LJ would be LT's manager of choice. My point is this... when LT was 'happier' last season under LJ he was fantastic, he's. Is evidently less happy and his game is suffering. I'll reserve judgement on his value to the squad until we seen him under another head coach - although ideally things will pick up now and that won't be necessary. 

Re: Tammy, to a degree I agree. I imagine that the qualities a la Adebola you speak of are things you learn in later life, things that come with experience. But I also think you're being a little disingenuous to Tammy. Watching him against Wednesday  his touch and turns on the edge of the box to get a shot away were exemplary. The only issue was that he tended to try and smash the ball in every time, resulting in a high and mighty effort rather than testing the goalie. I think Tammy certainly has more to offer and I wonder if the arrival of MT may stop him from resting on his laurels slightly as perhaps he's no longer the guaranteed starter he was prior to MT. 

i think there is some good talent across the board; I still rate Korey Smith very highly - although I accept his game hasn't reached it's normal heights this season. I always like Joe Bryan played centrally - he always seems to have his best games there. 

But i think my point remains that this squad should be doing so much better than it currently is. This is not a squad that should be battling relegation. It should be top half. 

My thoughts on LJ don't need repeating, but I genuinely believe that this squad has real potential and is punching well below it's weight. 

• Admin
17 hours ago, GJS said:

Ha.

To be fair to @GJS they certainly aren't the first and won't be the last person to do this

I've done it on occasions too, sometimes a comment gets missed but equally sometimes they get noticed

Anyway time to move on

Archived