IGNORED

This forum

GJS

23 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

That's bollocks. I've never seen such unprecedented support for a manager. 

The truth is, people are starting to realise that we don't have the right man in charge. Scraping past Rotherham is hardly what we all imagined is it now?

the football we're playing is shit. We have the best squad we've ever had and somehow all of the ability is being coached out of them. And beating a shit Rotherham side is not going to paper over he cracks for most. 

You're my boy typically Fordy but I'm disagreeing here. 

The squad ain't that good. It's pretty good mind. The biggest problem is our rotund gobshite. He isn't actually that good. He's that good when he wants to be (Sheff W) or if he has a point to prove (Sheff W). The second he's comfortable (post Sheff W) he's a complete tosser. For me, do not consider him part of the squad. He should be sold. 

Then we have Tammy. He's great. Absolute poacher's instinct. But that's literally what he has (no slurrr, that's enough to get you Prem time, but he ain't a Chelsea first teamer in the making IM controversial O). He doesn't bully, doesn't hassle, really, doesn't have immense Adebola-esque physicality - just absolutely lethal within 10 yards and with a leg flick. 

Of the rest we have Hegeler who is seriously good, and remaindermen of big standard championship quality with the potential to gel in to much, much more. I don't see us in a position any manager from Aug would have had us that much higher in as a minimum.. although I think some would have.

I think we are where we are as a club exactly where we are as a squad: BIG foundations, making small steps and showing significant promise. I'm still looking at some players thinking in a years time with these boys you could look dynamite  

I still think next year, we could well have something. We just need to embed some confidence, embed the new defence, get the midfield actually closing for once and get next year's players going.. Tammy ain't here next year and ain't getting loaned out again by Chelsea. We hold the cards on him. Bench him, get Djuric and Taylor playing. And for christs sake F Lee Tomlin - he needs no accommodating. 

38 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I do not want LJ to fail. I do not want any Bristol City manager to fail, ever.

Having driven a couple of hours to the game, watched it, and driven back, I can see that LJ is failing. That is different. Happy with the result, but we were awful, dire, appalling for long long periods.

That is the reality. Hopefully the team ram it down my throat after the next few games. No one would be happier. There may be a few % have it in for LJ, but that it all. The majority I suspect are simply basing their frustration on the evidence of their own eyes.

Of course. City were appalling. The atmosphere was crap the game was crap . Luckily we won against a team that are down . I hope this gives the team confidence. But we need to improve big time 

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Jesus wept

(Doesn't look to be the case from your posts)

Close the thread

God has spoken !!!!

:facepalm:

Not god I'm afraid. I'm just a lot more knowledgeable than many of you posting on this forum.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Absolute tosh. We could cope but all we ever get is one good year in ten. Do you realise that in the last seven seasons, we won promotion and JPT in one season and every other year has been a battle against relegation.

Why? Because we take the cheap option with our managers/head coaches! 

I'd agree that we always seem to take a cheap option with managers.. we got burnt with Coppell and seem to be afraid of a big name after that

I don't wish LJ would fail. I want the club to succeed, and he hasn't gone short of financial backing to help him. SL was also happy to back Cotts...but for whatever reasons he couldn't seem to land the players he wanted once we'd hit the second tier (Codj excepted)

Football is a "confidence" game. It seems the fans have no confidence, and the players play with no confidence. Today we nicked a win. The whole cornerstone of the season relies on our run of away games... and popping back to Ashton Gate to play Burton... who at that point could quite easily be in front of us. A six pointer in March if ever I saw one. 

Confidence, like depression spreads rapidly and with a victory  (and maybe stealing a couple of points at Derby, Leeds, Toon or Villa and the players will be in a better mind to take on Burton. 

2 minutes ago, GJS said:

Not god I'm afraid. I'm just a lot more knowledgeable that many of you posting on this forum.

Nothing unusual there; most people on this forum are more knowledgeable about football than me.

I always want our managers to succeed; but even I will eventually recognise when they have failed and when blind faith is insufficient to prevent relegation.

32 minutes ago, GJS said:

Well. Last two games we have gained good points.

Before that. Not great.

Before that is was going well.

As I mentioned before. Football is all about confidence. 

15 minutes ago, GJS said:

Not god I'm afraid. I'm just a lot more knowledgeable than many of you posting on this forum.

A lot more knowledgeable? What about Lee? Possibly. About football? Well unless you reveal yourself then I and most other posters on here will remain sceptical. Because the evidence we see with our own eyes says that the football we are currently watching is terrible.

8 losses in a row "not great"? Well that's some understatement. The worst league run in our history which given some of the dross some of us have seen at Ashton Gate in the past 40 years or more is going some. At least LJ had the decency to say that he was ashamed. 

The reality is that he is out of his depth and although he talks a good game, he doesn't seem to know how to inspire or improve a group of players, which as I understand is the job of a coach. Given the resources available to him, he has underachieved to a shocking degree, and even good players are being dragged down.

The reality is that he has achieved nothing tangible as a manager but the way things are going, his first real achievement will be to get us out of this division in the wrong direction, and in the process had spent way more money than any other manager in our history in only just over a year.

This forum isn't negative. But it does tend to attract extreme views, be it negative or positive.

Comments suggesting LJ is doing ok and is about to turn the corner is an extreme view. To say the least.

LJ has spent almost £20m on 23 players and we are as good as in a relegation spot having struggled to beat a piss poor team, who actually matched us in every department. Which was not difficult.

No one wants LJ to fail, because if he fails, we fail.

But when I open my eyes I see LJ, and us, failing. Big time. He has to go.

1 hour ago, GJS said:

Is very negative.

i can completely understand why. I understand that we have not been playing great for a long time, but we have just got through a tough week with 4 points.

Football is quite obviously about confidence and the players must have been at an all time low after our worse run in history. Today would have been very nerve racking for the players and they would have been so nervous about losing the game.

At the start of the season we had confidence and were picking up points week in week out. If this comes back we will definitely start picking up points week in week out again.

The monkey is now off their backs, leading up to a very tough run of games. I'm confident we can pick up a respectable 4 points now.

I find it fascinating that this forum is full of such negative fans. .......

*** I don't see this negativity as much in the real world. ***

*** REALLY? ***

FFS mate what kind of 'real world' does your bubble blindly float around in?  

@cityexile and @Fordy62 - what you said.

i would be delighted if we went on a run and not just results, but performances to...it might make me think LJ has not just read the manual, but he's realised it isn't the be all and end all, and sometimes you have to use your instinct, your eyes, the staff around you...i.e. He's learning.

I still think he's going to bed still clutching the text book.

39 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

I wouldn't put too much folding on us winning any of the next 4 Super, Any points out of those games will be a bonus IMHO.

I'll look foward to people defending LJ when we take 1 point max out of the next 4 games 'as they were all hard fixtures' or 'no one expected anything from these tough games'.... blah... blah.....   when the real crime is that he lost 8 mostly winnable games on the trot which has left us in the excrement in the first place. His position was untebale after cardiff, he will never turn the tide against him.

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Like his Dad?

At least Johnson senior had the excuse of taking over a losing team and was trying to find a combination that worked. Which he eventually did. So not his fault necessarily.

Johnson junior had a team that was not playing brilliantly, but was winning matches. However as he has tinkered the wheels have come off, the performances have deteriorated and the results have mirrored them pretty much. Very much his fault!

Archived